Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:40 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,331,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Yeah this was kind of my stance too which is why I started the thread to get others opinion. She doesn't want to tell the guy she's still "looking" so what if the guy has developed pretty strong feelings for her and he's not aware that she's still "shopping" but under the impression that they're moving toward something serious and if that is how he's feeling, I doubt he would be ok with her still looking. I think she really wants to be more with the guy however she's afraid to voice that to him so she wants to date other men until he says he wants a committed relationship.
It really depends on what "dating" entails. If she is already at the point where she is sleeping with them, probably it's not a very honorable thing to keep the fact that she is still looking around hidden. If she doesn't let him know she wants exclusivity, then what will happen is he will be equally insecure and not mention it either - then they will have ruined the beginning of what should have been a beautiful and pure relationship by having sex with other people. Later on all these facts will catch up with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 09:52 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,660,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Read the thread. We said that no one should be sleeping with more than one at a time...but just getting to know people when you are not in a relationship is different. It is trying to find the "one" person to be interested in.
I wouldn't know. I only "DATE" ONE AT A TIME!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 AM

If "she" (as meaning SINGULAR) tells me to beat it....... I move on to the next VICTIM!

Old 03-27-2011, 10:15 AM

19,837 posts, read 20,452,904 times
I will not accept a date with a guy that I wouldn't want to ****.

That's just wrong.

Chemistry is a must, so there is no "dating multiple people I'm not having sex with" , that's not a date, that's just awkward!

I believe in giving my man primacy, so it's definitely one at a time for me...

I'm all or nothing, I can't half-ass it.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:23 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,265,236 times
When I started dating my dh I was also dating a couple of other guys. I tried not to jump from one relationship to the next, so I would end up dating around casually. In hind sight I'm glad I did. I had some nice dates before the dh and I committed. One of the guys I was seeing was a soprano sax player and he took me out one night and had a little set up in a piano bar where he played for me. It was romantic and sweet. Good times.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:32 AM

2,964 posts, read 2,918,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The only "message" any guy who likes a woman should get when other guys want to take her out too is that she's very desirable
But when she mentions it, it has a tendency to have the complete opposite effect.

Sure I've dated two women at once but I would never EVER bring it up to either of them. Just common sense tactfulness. There is no point in my mind. I know I'm a good looking, hot stud-muffin. No use saying, "I got five other women knocking at my door, you better impress me now little miss." Why? O yeah, I forgot, I have self esteem

I on the other hand I've had women just come out and say that they're dating around and seeing other guy(s) at the same time. I don't know if it is a male thing but a switch is immediately switched in my head from a possible LTR mindset to a pump-n-dump mindset. My pursuit is more aggressive but not to win her over to being exclusive with me (as she probably thinks) BUT just to be the first one to get her in bed. After that, who cares...

Old 03-27-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
But when she mentions it, it has a tendency to have the complete opposite effect.

Sure I've dated two women at once but I would never EVER bring it up to either of them. Just common sense tactfulness. There is no point in my mind. I know I'm a good looking, hot stud-muffin. No use saying, "I got five other women knocking at my door, you better impress me now little miss." Why? O yeah, I forgot, I have self esteem

I on the other hand I've had women just come out and say that they're dating around and seeing other guy(s) at the same time. I don't know if it is a male thing but a switch is immediately switched in my head from a possible LTR mindset to a pump-n-dump mindset. My pursuit is more aggressive but not to win her over to being exclusive with me (as she probably thinks) BUT just to be the first one to get her in bed. After that, who cares...
Ah the switch. It's like throwing a switch on a Square-D three phase disconnect! I don't know about you other guys but "I" don't want to or need to hear that. It makes me cold! It also tells me she could care less about me and doesn't even think enough to concentrate. Again, I'm not talking about following a personal or going out once or twice. How can one date more than 1 after a year? That concept just puzzles me!

Old 03-27-2011, 11:37 AM

Even a month or two!

Old 03-27-2011, 11:41 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
If your guy friend isn't interested in a desirable woman then HE'S the one with the problem, and I certainly wouldn't follow his advice.

Until you are ready to be exclusive with someone you SHOULD date as much as you want.
Since you speak with such conviction, LM, I'm curious to know if you have dated more than one guy at a time.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I will not accept a date with a guy that I wouldn't want to ****.

That's just wrong.

Chemistry is a must, so there is no "dating multiple people I'm not having sex with" , that's not a date, that's just awkward!

I believe in giving my man primacy, so it's definitely one at a time for me...

I'm all or nothing, I can't half-ass it.
IMO, anything less IS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships