Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 12:48 PM

786 posts, read 4,733,965 times

Advertisements

What do you think of Bill Gates (billionaire Microsoft Founder), other than his money and success???

Well a man just like him is going to marry one of my Cousins and the family is up in arms. All the rest of the family is married to "manly men" who are more like Football Players. They are MEN!!, with crew cuts, tattoos, strong chins, masculine ways, and sports addicts.

The guy who is marrying my Cousin is more like Bill Gates. He is highly intelligent, creative, small boned, interested in education, the arts, music and ballet. He is a bit wimpy, and not so good at sports. He is more interested in a Library and a Bookstore than watching football with the guys.

Would you ever see your self going for the Bill Gates type, without the money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 12:53 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,374,452 times
Give me a "manly men" ... or give me death!!!!

Old 07-27-2007, 01:00 PM

1,261 posts, read 6,106,823 times
If I loved him and he loved me, I'd marry him.

Frankly, I'm surprised your family cares who your cousin marries...It doesn't sound like he is a "bad guy," so who cares what he looks like or what he enjoys doing?

Old 07-27-2007, 01:10 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,705,340 times
Yes and no

Bill gates older is not as wimpy as he looked and acted younger

I have dated guys who are skinny and nerdy - BUT THEY HAD CONFIDENCE....that's the key. If they are confident and not all wimpy and wishy washy then I'd date them.

If you are a man - BE A MAN, doesn't matter if you are a geek or not. My husband is a super geek who loves (and collects) Sci FI and Toonami crap - but he's all about being "The Man" and that is sexy.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:57 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,903,771 times
I would, as long as he is outgoing and self assured. I don't want someone that acts like that, and then goes online to be a freak or something.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:12 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,435,845 times
Default I did "go" for the nerdy, intellectual, slightly wimpy guy...

After being married to a "bad boy"...
It lasted 9 1/2 years, and I "broke free".
Life with him was just as he was....BORING!!!
From one extreme to the next for me it seems....huh.
Found the right one I am with now...boy, finding him took forever.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:34 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,769,198 times
I think most mature woman, however long it takes for them to reach 'maturity', would marry a man for LOVE. If you love him and he love you, thats all you need.
I'm happily married, but if I was in the market again, a good decent hard working guy would be at the top of my priority list.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:31 PM

232 posts, read 846,443 times
I completely agree with Citygirl and FloridaDreamer.

It would help if your clarifed your definition of wimpy. Are you referring to lack of physical strength or strength of character? The latter would be a deal killer for me.

Please tell your cousin Congratulations. It is HER choice that matters, support her in it. Neither of you should care what all the controlling, psychologically insecure males in your "family" think!

(Did you ever stop to think just maybe this is exactly why she choose the type of man she did? Just a thought)

Old 07-27-2007, 06:34 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,780,399 times
Not whimpy but nerdy/intellectual are ok. Like others have said, if they're self confident that's more important. I guess if they were self confident they wouldn't be whimpy? I think it's attractive is someone is very intelligent but I got lucky I found someone thats intelligent and manly.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:35 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,219,211 times
I would take brains over braun any day. Much more creative and fun....in many areas...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships