Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:14 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,963,732 times

Advertisements

So I have been getting to know a girl, she's cute, college grad and very friendly. However, not too long ago she started making comments that I'm a slave to my job and waste my time. Mind you, I work about 45 hours a week and if I'm bored i will pick up a few hours and work 50.. far from spending my life working.

Anyway, turns out this girl is 23 and has never had a job in her life and does not want to search for a job. She enjoys living at home and says she wants to spend her time just doing nothing. One day, something came up and I asked her a question about history in Chile and she couldn't even give me an ounce of information on it. I knew more than she did and the most I did was search wikipedia on the subject about 2 weeks before that.

After that, it was like glass breaking. Just couldn't do it anymore and was already looking for someone new.

Anyone have anything like this happen before?

Let's try and keep this more light-hearted .. like Seinfeld. Don't need to hear abuse stories or things like that. Just things that seem ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 01:19 PM

11,813 posts, read 12,059,287 times
Is she Chilean? Even if she is, you're not born knowing history, it has to be taught.

I can't imagine someone never having worked by age 23, and not having any goals or ambitions would be a turnoff. Seems her lack of life experience and lack of interests makes her an unsuitable match for you. Cute and friendly only gets you so far in life.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:35 PM

36,618 posts, read 30,945,456 times
Quote:

Anyone have anything like this happen before?

Let's try and keep
this more light-hearted .. like Seinfeld. Don't need to hear abuse stories or
things like that. Just things that seem ridiculous.
I went out with this guy a few times and we had a date to met and watch a parade. He showed up wearing a green polyester suit. The end.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:42 PM

113 posts, read 152,498 times
I dated a woman and slowly she started criticizing my new job. The industry, the work, why I chose it, what it paid, etc. She didn't last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I went out with this guy a few times and we had a date to met and watch a parade. He showed up wearing a green polyester suit. The end.

I don't understand this. Was he too quirky?

Old 01-10-2014, 01:43 PM

17,647 posts, read 22,675,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
He probably thought he was going to an "Artichoke Festival"......hohoho....

Old 01-10-2014, 01:51 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,191,979 times
Seems like a lot of people don't work & have no plans to these days.
That would be an issue for me,
as well.

You dealt with two traits here, that I absolutely detest:
stupidity & laziness.....
thanks but no thanks.

Maybe she thinks she's going to find a sugar daddy- at least you realize you won't be the dude she uses.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:55 PM

48,575 posts, read 34,956,927 times
So if she asked you about Chile 3 weeks ago you wouldn't have known anything about it either?

That really is a Seinfeld reason to break-up.

The other is more telling. She is not as motivated as you, and considers just having a normal job being a workaholic. I would think you would start to resent her.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-10-2014, 01:56 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,926,599 times
When in bed together for the first time (this was in college) he said "good girl" when I did something.
Ugh, made me sick, like I'm some kind of possession or a pet. Got up and left. Never again.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:58 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,380,022 times
I don't know anything about Chile, really. Are you familiar with ontology?

I don't get involved with anyone unless the foundation, the intellectual connection, is there. Otherwise I will get very bored almost instantly. He need be my kind of nerdy and geeky.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:00 PM

36,618 posts, read 30,945,456 times
Quote:
I don't understand this. Was he too quirky?

I wouldn't call it quirky.

1970's called, they want their green polyester suit back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships