Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 05:35 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,663,354 times

Advertisements

This is a fun thread to counter all the negative stuff out there (he's cheap, the women won't put up, men are so shallow, why do women like bad boys etc).

Just last Friday, this girl I've been seeing this said this:

Her: You still have little boy eyes
Me: What's that supposed to mean [especially since she's 19 lol)
Her: The world left a mark everywhere on you but your soul

Which maybe was a swipe at my maturity but I took it very positively Despite everything on my plate, I'm still as carefree as ever. I don't let the world get to me.

One I remember from long ago:

Her: You don't really love anyone else. You just want to be loved, you love being loved.

She said this to me after an argument where she was accusing me this and that and I tried to say I was sorry and loved her. She silenced me with that, it was actually a very moving moment between us. We didn't break up then, it was almost like she understood that i'd never be able to provide her that emotional connection but she still wanted to be with me.

And finally,

Her: You're not meant to be a part of society

Share your favourties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 05:43 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Nope. No woman has ever told me something that I didn't know about me alread.

I mean, I already knew I was dynamite in the sack!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:46 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Not from SO's but from random girls i've dated over the years.

Remember one time i was acting all cocky and told a girl i was dating that i'm good looking (not sure exactly how i said it or even if i implied it) and she said "girls love it when you act like you dont know you're good looking". And i remembered that to this day....so, i kind of 'pretend' i dont know im amazingly great looking lol.

Another time a girl said to me that she thought i act like nothing bothers me and that i have this 'air' about me that there's zero weight on my shoulders. (zero weight meaning no weight of life's problems). I found that interesting because in my own head, i seem to feel like i do 'worry' about plenty of things and i'm just like everyone else in that regard.

Another time i was out at bar talking to a cute chick and she said "you look exactly like that actor so and so" and i was like "Really?" and she brought over another one of her hot friends and asked her and she was like "yep, exactly like him" and of course, my first question to her was "do you think he's good looking?" lol

Old 10-21-2012, 06:30 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Not really a great thing, but I had a guy tell me that he liked me, but "I get the feeling you don't want me to like you."

Not even 3 weeks later another guy told me the same thing, almost verbatim.

It was a wake up call. I've been working on it.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:36 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
I dated a guy who read me like an open book- instant connection, chemistry, you name it.

For whatever reason, I felt if something were too good to be true, then it probably is.

I've never wanted to have kids, never was big on weddings and getting married.

But this one- scared me. I actually for once could see myself falling for him, happy with kids with him, a level I never felt for someone, so I pushed him away.

His response, "I'm seeing two different sides to you. When we kept things casual, you were cool. Then when things got deeper and we connected more, you push me away. So I don't believe in your excuses."

Wow. Eye opener. I too have been working on myself because of what he said, which was very eerily true. I severed him from my life and still think of him quite often. He was right. And, I'd say so was my gut.

The positive thing was- I got to learn more about myself, but I still took what I felt about him as red flags and dodged a gigantic bullet.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:53 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times
That im a drunk and mean bastard. Women are just bitter like that tho

Old 10-22-2012, 05:07 AM

249 posts, read 306,668 times
Her: "That's rape!"
Me:

Old 10-22-2012, 08:42 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Not a SO but a male friend once told me I have perfect thumbs. This actually came up this weekend and several friends confirmed I do have pretty great thumbs.

When I met my late husband early on he told me he could tell I was trying to push him away because I was scared but he liked me and wasn't going anywhere so knock it off. That stuck with me-I do tend to keep people at an arm's length.

And recently, my friend made the comment that one thing he's noticed about me is I hate to be alone and am always surrounding myself with people. There's some truth to that but as I thought about it, I realized that about 90% of the time, it's because I was invited to do something and I like my friends so I accept their invites.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
Her: "That's rape!"
Me:
Still not funny.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:55 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
This is a fun thread to counter all the negative stuff out there (he's cheap, the women won't put up, men are so shallow, why do women like bad boys etc).

Just last Friday, this girl I've been seeing this said this:

Her: You still have little boy eyes
Me: What's that supposed to mean [especially since she's 19 lol)
Her: The world left a mark everywhere on you but your soul

Which maybe was a swipe at my maturity but I took it very positively Despite everything on my plate, I'm still as carefree as ever. I don't let the world get to me.

One I remember from long ago:

Her: You don't really love anyone else. You just want to be loved, you love being loved.

She said this to me after an argument where she was accusing me this and that and I tried to say I was sorry and loved her. She silenced me with that, it was actually a very moving moment between us. We didn't break up then, it was almost like she understood that i'd never be able to provide her that emotional connection but she still wanted to be with me.

And finally,

Her: You're not meant to be a part of society

Share your favourties

I thought this was supposed to be an uplifting thread. Those comments are pretty, uh, depressing.

The depressing thing one SO said to me a long time ago as we were breaking up was that I was "just going for the white picket fence." He was right.

A fun thing an SO told me once (before he was my SO) was that I put the fear of God into him. After that it was make-out city!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships