Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 05:25 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,910 times

Advertisements

WHAT?

I saw this on another thread that a couple posters said they flat out received hate mail from profiles. Anyone else? What do these people even say?
I only had a brief stint last year and didn't get one. I feel left out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,859 times
Hell, I'd be happy if I got mail of ANY kind on a dating site.

Signed up for one last night and I just have to say that I'm not really expecting anything to come of it, lol.

Last edited by JordanJP; 10-20-2011 at 06:15 PM..

Old 10-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,083 times
i want some hate mail dammit

Old 10-20-2011, 06:15 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,859 times
Hate mail would be hilarious, but I'm sorta curious what one would have to do to get hate mail...

Old 10-20-2011, 06:38 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,854 times
I get it all the time, because I'm too sexy for my shirt! The busted ladies know they can't have a fine tiger like myself, so they send my terrible messages. What they don't know is, I would have my way with them as long as no one found out!

Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i want some hate mail dammit
No problem, sweetie! Coming right up!

Old 10-20-2011, 07:28 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
I used to get it. It used to amaze me that random guys would just go on these rants, going off on me when all they had done was review my profile. They'd wait for me to come online and then start sending nasty emails. (The site I used had a little icon that indicated whether a member was online or not and there wasn't an option to turn it off or hide.) What made it somewhat humorous was that they'd get even nastier if you didn't write them back.

Lots of folks out there with a screw (or two) loose.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:52 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
WHAT?

I saw this on another thread that a couple posters said they flat out received hate mail from profiles. Anyone else? What do these people even say?
I only had a brief stint last year and didn't get one. I feel left out!
Why the surprise? There are plenty of losers online, just like there are in the bar down the street. It a guy comes up to you and asks you to dance, or wants to buy you a drink, and you turn him down, then he can turn away and cuss up a mean streak, and you'd never know it. He wouldn't have the brass b@lls to act so childish to your face...at least, most don't. Online, they can be much bolder, and often are. I received several very rude hateful emails from men that I had replied to their initial contact with a very respectful "no thanks". Some people just don't have it in them to behave any better.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:58 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,748,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Why the surprise? There are plenty of losers online, just like there are in the bar down the street. It a guy comes up to you and asks you to dance, or wants to buy you a drink, and you turn him down, then he can turn away and cuss up a mean streak, and you'd never know it. He wouldn't have the brass b@lls to act so childish to your face...at least, most don't. Online, they can be much bolder, and often are. I received several very rude hateful emails from men that I had replied to their initial contact with a very respectful "no thanks". Some people just don't have it in them to behave any better.
I think it's deeper than that, they are rejected "all the time" in life.. and when they get a "no thanks" on the internet, it's salt to their wounds.

Their last hope is to find a girl who is blind to their looks, faults, obsessions, and shortcomings...

Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I think it's deeper than that, they are rejected "all the time" in life.. and when they get a "no thanks" on the internet, it's salt to their wounds.

Their last hope is to find a girl who is blind to their looks, faults, obsessions, and shortcomings...

I had guys write me hate mail before I could even reject them. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships