Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 08:57 AM

553 posts, read 1,545,893 times

Advertisements

What were some of the most interesting/best/craziest/funniest/strangest or just plain weird kind of dates you've ever been on?

The most common or average date two people can go on is the old tried and true dinner and a movie combo. However, just the thought of that makes me yawn...until I met this gentleman:

The one that impressed me the most was this rock star type guy who was the lead singer of some local band. I met him at a wine tasting party on the top floor of a sky scraper building in downtown Denver (LoDo's). He had just got off work and was dressed in a suit and tie with his hair pulled back. He looked professional and clean cut when we first met. So you could just imagine how surprised I was when he came to pick me up for our first date in a bright yellow vintage 1970's something van, dressed like he just time warped back from a 1990's hair band. He looked a lot like Bret Michaels, minus the make up. Long blonde hair, crazy rocker clothes and the strangest pair of cowboy boots I've ever seen.

But anyway, when we decided to leave to go out for a night on the town he opens up his van door and out spills about 200 or so black balloons! His whole van is filled with these things (and one white one). He said he spent the entire day blowing up balloons at his house. I've never seen anything like that before. After that, we went to a Russian cafe and their "appetizer" were different flavors of vodka. So we weren't in any pain as we ate our chicken kiev and stroganoff under some twinkly lights in their garden style seating. Later that night, he took me to an old fashioned drive-in theatre to see some movie we never watched because we were sipping chilled champagne from crystal flutes while chasing and popping black balloons all over the place. I can't believe we didn't get kicked out. We cuddled and talked all night long through the double feature movies. It was a great first date. We dated for another month or so, but I just didn't see myself falling in love with this guy. He was really "out there". To this very day, I still love the balloon idea. Great first impression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 09:31 AM

806 posts, read 2,342,954 times
Really cool!!

Yeah, I get tired of hearing the dinner/movie combo... How do you get to know someone in a movie theater??

Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,158,161 times
My best date ever was for my 41st birthday the guy I was dating at the time decided to take me to a very nice restaurant.

It was the first time in my life that anyone had ever spent $100 on dinner for me. Now, these days, spending $100 for dinner is not THAT big a deal, but this was in 1996, and prices were a lot lower. It would probably be the same as paying $200 for dinner today.

Normally, I am not impressed by "big spenders", and I am anything but a materialistic person, but the notion that this guy thought I was so special that he did not mind dropping a C Note on me for one stinkin' meal really made me feel good.

The other great date that I can recall is one time when a boyfriend of mine took the to the Houston Zoo. I love zoos and it was so wonderful. Of course, I was crazy in love with the guy, so *any* date would probably have resulted in my thinking it was the Best. Date. Ever. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-13-2011, 10:25 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,111,302 times
okay here is mine . Well this is kind of a yuck date that turned out really good . First off I went out with someone who worked in the same building I did in another department .He was dressed to the nines and had on these incrediably exspensive shoes and a very nice suit . I was dressed pretty much to the nines as well . He took me to a seafood restaraunt really nice one too . We finish up dinner and about an hr later I got to feeling sick and Im thinking bad seafood or a bad insulin reaction (insulin dependant diabetic , me ) . So he starts to head to my home , only I tell him to pull over and he gets out and opens my door and yep as soon as I hit the air I upchucked all over him , yuck !! Then out of his mouth comes "Oh you f-ing biotch !!" . he gets back in his car and speeds away leaving me on the side of the road , now mind you this is before cell phones . I started walking and this guy who knew my brother stops and says "hey good lookin you need a ride home ?" he ended up giving me a ride home that night and ended up with me being my boyfriend for a while .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships