Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 06:34 AM

21 posts, read 48,995 times

Advertisements

I will start off by saying, up until 2 months ago, my husband and I never had an argument, our marriage was perfect (6 years),
2 months ago he sent an ex an e-mail asking that she call him (he claims that they are good friends) I asked him how many times have they talked, he said a "few times" I looked on the phone bill and discovered there were over 100 messages and 2 hrs of talk time over a period of a week. I looked on his phone and seen some of the text messages (but not all because he erased some) one message said "how did you sleep last night?" "You are very special to me" "i was disappointed not to see a picture of you" She had asked him "I hope i didn't offend you" I asked him if anything inappropriate was said, he said no. after i sent her an email telling her was not appropriate to be talking so much, she told me something was said and she stopped herself immediately. they no longer text, talk or e-mail.
I have told him that if anything was said, he needs to tell me now, because if i find out later something bad was said, that will be the end of our marriage.
am I over-reacting? do you think its ridiculous to throw away a marriage over words?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 06:47 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,331,853 times
They were flirting and got caught. I would be extremely pissed off if I saw messages like that. I don't think you overreacted. You put your foot down as a warning.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:48 AM

19,008 posts, read 29,798,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_another_user_name View Post
I will start off by saying, up until 2 months ago, my husband and I never had an argument, our marriage was perfect (6 years),
2 months ago he sent an ex an e-mail asking that she call him (he claims that they are good friends) I asked him how many times have they talked, he said a "few times" I looked on the phone bill and discovered there were over 100 messages and 2 hrs of talk time over a period of a week. I looked on his phone and seen some of the text messages (but not all because he erased some) one message said "how did you sleep last night?" "You are very special to me" "i was disappointed not to see a picture of you" She had asked him "I hope i didn't offend you" I asked him if anything inappropriate was said, he said no. after i sent her an email telling her was not appropriate to be talking so much, she told me something was said and she stopped herself immediately. they no longer text, talk or e-mail.
I have told him that if anything was said, he needs to tell me now, because if i find out later something bad was said, that will be the end of our marriage.
am I over-reacting? do you think its ridiculous to throw away a marriage over words?
What are you doing that's causing him to seek the emotional attention outside?

Old 04-14-2011, 06:54 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,103,414 times
Quote:

Over words?..Sounds like an affair to me..but its your choice to stay with a man who would obviously cheat on you.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:01 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,889,455 times
Quote:
you arent over-reacting, there is something strange there. You mention that you havent had an argument in 6 years? Maybe he is just bored and looking for some excitement, who knows

Old 04-14-2011, 07:10 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,939,600 times
Quote:

Start by accepting that YOU thought your marriage was perfect, HE obviously didn't.

He was playing on a very slippery slope and you yanked him back up to flatter ground before it was too late.

That's a good thing because there is still time to save your marriage.

Instead of drawing lines in the sand about "what was said" (I'm sorry, that's just strange to me that you'd phrase it that way as what he was doing in general was already inappropriate so you have to assume inappropriate things were said), make an appt with a marriage counselor and get yourselves there asap.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:11 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,338,329 times
[quote=Antlered Chamataka;18723193]What are you doing that's causing him to seek the emotional attention outside? [/quoteMaybe it's nothing she's doing at all...maybe it's him going through some kinda mid life crisis.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:15 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,378,378 times
He is having an emotional affair. Now is up to you to le him know if you will put up with it or not.

Your husband is not acting respectfully.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:18 AM

50,488 posts, read 64,386,106 times
I think your reaction was right, but I fear the contact with the ex is a symptom of trouble. It doesn't matter what they said, it matters that he was in communication with her on the sly.
What does he say about it? Is he willing to fix whatever his problem is?

Old 04-14-2011, 07:20 AM

817 posts, read 814,053 times
Quote:
Dump him, and find a new husband, problem solved
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships