Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,406,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
As it was on the phone, it was totally not worth it to make her mad because I wanted my fax.
Ooops sorry, now I'm the one with a brain fart.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
This is an important part in her life, too. She needs her father to be there for her, and he doesn't understand that.

Her father is selfish of his time. Plain and simple. It isn't fair to her, and that's a sad situation on both sides.
I always try to give people a benefit of a doubt...maybe he is going through something, maybe he is depressed, but I just cannot come up with a good enough excuse for him.

My niece doesn't express the hurt and sometimes I think that she goes through life without thinking about it, but I'm sure that thoughts of not having the father she wants crosses her mind.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,266,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Ooops sorry, now I'm the one with a brain fart.
It's not THAT bad!

Old 05-25-2011, 07:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,031,146 times
Quote:
I always try to give people a benefit of a doubt...maybe he is going through something, maybe he is depressed, but I just cannot come up with a good enough excuse for him.

My niece doesn't express the hurt and sometimes I think that she goes through life without thinking about it, but I'm sure that thoughts of not having the father she wants crosses her mind.
There isn't an excuse to give a man who doesn't live far away to come and see his child. It's inexcusable.

She may not understand the feeling just yet, but when she finally understands, it will probably be at a major point in her life. Graduation, marrying, something pivotal in her life, and when she finally sees it, she may break down, and that will be the most difficult time.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
There isn't an excuse to give a man who doesn't live far away to come and see his child. It's inexcusable.

She may not understand the feeling just yet, but when she finally understands, it will probably be at a major point in her life. Graduation, marrying, something pivotal in her life, and when she finally sees it, she may break down, and that will be the most difficult time.
I definitely foresee those types of troubles ahead for her.

The sad part is, the father doesn't understand that he needs her even more than she needs him. He is an only child, his mom passed away, the father is not too far behind, he never remarried, he doesn't have any more kids and since I've lived with him and my sister for 5 years, I know that he doesn't have a lot (or any) friends. He has NOBODY besides her...and he doesn't realize it.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I definitely foresee those types of troubles ahead for her.

The sad part is, the father doesn't understand that he needs her even more than she needs him. He is an only child, his mom passed away, the father is not too far behind, he never remarried, he doesn't have any more kids and since I've lived with him and my sister for 5 years, I know that he doesn't have a lot (or any) friends. He has NOBODY besides her...and he doesn't realize it.
He may just not care. With so many losses in his life, he may not even realize what's going on.

Maybe she should go to him? See if she can help him? That might be asking a lot of her. It would show a lot of maturity from her and maybe show him that someone still cares about him.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
He may just not care. With so many losses in his life, he may not even realize what's going on.

Maybe she should go to him? See if she can help him? That might be asking a lot of her. It would show a lot of maturity from her and maybe show him that someone still cares about him.
That sounds like a good idea, however, when my sister had that conversation with him, she said that my niece would like to come over and visit HIM. He said that he doesn't want to bring her around his house because he lives with his father right now. So, this begs the question: What kind of stupid answer is that? Who is his father? Is he a stranger to my niece (although he has been for years) or is he a grandfather? It doesn't make any sense.

I think that he doesn't care about being alone and not having anyone in his life. He is content....that's what I think is tragic...that he doesn't realize that he needs help. Perhaps once my niece is a little bit older, she could reach out to him, I don't think she is ready after such a long time of separation.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,861,511 times
All this talk of smart phones... AT&T purchased a cell provider I was with, the transition happened about a month ago. We had 30 days to decide if we wanted to keep with At&T. I didn't have coverage at my house. I switched to Verizon last week.

They called me today asking how was service was, it was nice having the followup and good signal where I live.

And the Verizon droid phone I have (an LG) is impressive, nice screen and decent battery life.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
All this talk of smart phones... AT&T purchased a cell provider I was with, the transition happened about a month ago. We had 30 days to decide if we wanted to keep with At&T. I didn't have coverage at my house. I switched to Verizon last week.

They called me today asking how was service was, it was nice having the followup and good signal where I live.

And the Verizon droid phone I have (an LG) is impressive, nice screen and decent battery life.
Huh, I also think it was nice of them to call and follow-up. Is it something that just Verizon does or is it a normal procedure with all providers?

Old 05-25-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
That sounds like a good idea, however, when my sister had that conversation with him, she said that my niece would like to come over and visit HIM. He said that he doesn't want to bring her around his house because he lives with his father right now. So, this begs the question: What kind of stupid answer is that? Who is his father? Is he a stranger to my niece (although he has been for years) or is he a grandfather? It doesn't make any sense.

I think that he doesn't care about being alone and not having anyone in his life. He is content....that's what I think is tragic...that he doesn't realize that he needs help. Perhaps once my niece is a little bit older, she could reach out to him, I don't think she is ready after such a long time of separation.
That answer sounds like a cop out. I can't think of anything else to say about that answer. Maybe her grandfather would want to see her? he only thinks of himself, which is more than apparent.

Content is a very bad place to be in when everything around you is not OK. He needs to see the light somehow. Maybe after his father dies he might see it. I'm betting it isn't, or when he realizes he's missed a pivotal event in her life. I might be too late at the point. I do hope for the best for your niece.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships