Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 08:39 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
So why would an attractive woman with options (crazy or not), want to live with an ugly, underemployed guy in a trailer? One reason is that this guy has tremendous confidence, no fear or reverence of anything, and is very intelligent with a witty personality.
Just take a look at the hardcore biker world. We were just talking the other night about how these obese, filthy guys score the hottest babes...the ol' bad-boy syndrome rearing its ugly head again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 08:42 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
I do. A good buddy of mine has a brother who is a very unfortunate looking person. He is marginally employed, working here and there as a roofer or mechanic. A solid portion of his income comes from trying to game the tax code -- EITC, FTHB tax credit, etc. He did some time in prison, and his friends generally do not even qualify as "working" class -- more like people that you really do not want to cross.

His wife is a smoking hot blonde stripper, in perfect shape after having 3 kids. They are living happily ever after, in a doublewide trailer that actually looks to be 2 smaller mobile homes that someone welded together.

So why would an attractive woman with options (crazy or not), want to live with an ugly, underemployed guy in a trailer? One reason is that this guy has tremendous confidence, no fear or reverence of anything, and is very intelligent with a witty personality.
and he's hung like a donkey

Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 AM

545 posts, read 1,555,918 times
Quote:
I do. A good buddy of mine has a brother who is a very unfortunate looking person. He is marginally employed, working here and there as a roofer or mechanic. A solid portion of his income comes from trying to game the tax code -- EITC, FTHB tax credit, etc. He did some time in prison, and his friends generally do not even qualify as "working" class -- more like people that you really do not want to cross.

His wife is a smoking hot blonde stripper, in perfect shape after having 3 kids. They are living happily ever after, in a doublewide trailer that actually looks to be 2 smaller mobile homes that someone welded together.

If he's so smart then why's he so poor?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:22 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Just take a look at the hardcore biker world. We were just talking the other night about how these obese, filthy guys score the hottest babes...!
Not in my observations. The "babes" look just like the bikers!

Old 05-18-2011, 10:45 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
If he's so smart then why's he so poor?
well... no education, inconsistent work ethic, erratic decision making ability, poor habits, and a criminal record doesn't exactly put him on the fast track. routinely deciding not to show up at work anymore, a la office space, is frowned upon by most employers. he and one of his brothers were doing fine, though, for a time before the chirrn came along, supported by food stamps and his wife's work.

this is not to say his wife is a catch; she's just physically attractive, that's all.

Last edited by le roi; 05-18-2011 at 11:01 AM..

Old 05-18-2011, 02:32 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not in my observations. The "babes" look just like the bikers!
I guess either you or I have seen the wrong bikers...

Old 06-12-2011, 12:53 PM

96 posts, read 288,857 times
For me its a combination of looks and personality that is compatible.

The guy doesn't have to be brad pitt in the looks department, just as long as I feel the attraction and its strong. The attraction is based on looks and personality. But looks in terms of criteria that I find attractive, ive seen many guys who most women would consider really good looking but that aren't my type. Also personaility wise, they may not be my type either.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:23 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Not necessarily, there are plenty of instances i didn't find a girl attractive at first or i should say less attractive than i originally perceived and after getting to know her better she became more attractive.

I'm not saying if I'm at a bar looking to pick up women that i'm looking for personality or going out hitting on a random girl. But, I think the OP is quite a shallow post and only covers a specific instance, when there are many ways people can start a relationship.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:39 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
Difficult question since if you're really ugly it will very difficult to find a good looking mate.

That said, once you hit about "average looking" it's all about being well groomed and behavior. A confident average looking guy can get almost any woman out there. Then again if you're bitter and looking for support to back up your idea that women only want good looking guys then your attitude will hold you back completely. The brain has an amazing power to reinforce whatever idea you have.

Hollywood tells us women want either a nice, tame, weak guy or some kind of adonis figure. It's not true. The majority of them just want someone decent who can make them laugh, has the cajones to flirt with them, and doesn't supplicate to her.

A lot of girls my age (early 20s) don't have any idea what they want! It's up to people like us to help them

Old 06-13-2011, 11:42 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
And another thing, it's not girls picking the "bad boy" over the nice guy. They're picking someone who is strong over someone who is weak, and unfortunately the weak tend to be nice. Whatever portion of girls who have a real fetish for the criminally insane are to be avoided like the plague!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships