Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 08:41 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

A long time ago, when the earth was still cooling, I went out on a date with a woman.

It was a comedy of errors, wrapped up in a cluster f....... I don't even know where to begin....

She was really pretty, nice girl, basically too good for me. IDK what it was, it was like something out of a SNL skit. I couldn't do a thing right, I triped while walking, dropped food on my shirt, said the wrong thing, made a fool out of myself.

It's hard to really explain it, I just did EVERY thing wrong you'd do when trying to impress a first date/new GF......

Don't even get me started about the sex, after a date or two, we got together. It was the most awkward thing ever.... period. It was like having sex with your sister. NO FUN.... I can't get into too many details, as this is a family fun site, but you get the drift, I imagine.

While I'm not the most suave dubonair guy going, I'm certainly not this fool that was with this woman, and before you say, I was intimidated, I just wasn't, it wasn't like that, it was just weird how off I was.

The reason for this nonsensical rant is this, do you ever think back about a date or someone you known and just cringe???

I cringe every time I think about this woman. I'm sure every time she gets together with her GF's and talks about bad dates, I'm her guy.......

LOL, ain't that a bytch cause I'm a cool customer too..... this woman just never got to see it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 08:52 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
It happened a long long time ago, when the earth was cooling....throw that memory away!

Old 05-14-2011, 09:05 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
I dated a guy once for a small stint. His sister and I worked together and she thought we would make a great match. She couldn't have been more off on that one.

He had this weird thing about intimacy (BTW we never made it to the bedroom...or anywhere else ) he would tremble uncontrollably. The first time I thought he was just nervous about kissing. Funny thing is he was perfectly calm, easy going any other time. I didn't want to put him on the spot so I didn't say anything. After a few more dates, it didn't stop. I never said anything to him about it.

Eventually, we saw less and less of each other and even the later dates were more like friends. Needless to say, it didn't work out and we stopped seeing each other. No "break up" just kinda dropped of each other's planet.

It's funny Chow, I've never given it much thought until you brought up this thread. Good memory, wrong guy....for me that is.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:12 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Don't even get me started about the sex, after a date or two, we got together. It was the most awkward thing ever.... period. It was like having sex with your sister.

How would you know what it's like to have sex with your sister???

Old 05-14-2011, 09:13 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
A long time ago, when the earth was still cooling, I went out on a date with a woman.

It was a comedy of errors, wrapped up in a cluster f....... I don't even know where to begin....

She was really pretty, nice girl, basically too good for me.
Whether you want to admit it or not, this perception colored your interaction with her. Even though you might not have had any conscious thoughts about this while you were with her, your subconscious was at work making you feel inferior, and resulting in your repeated clumsy results.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-14-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Whether you want to admit it or not, this perception colored your interaction with her. Even though you might not have had any conscious thoughts about this while you were with her, your subconscious was at work making you feel inferior, and resulting in your repeated clumsy results.

20yrsinBranson
You take checks or have a paypal acount.....

Naw, see, I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm a big ballin pimp.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:22 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Chow, I don't know if I was ever that off with a date, but I used to get really big crushes on some men--oh the one in college! I was in love with him I think. But when I had a crush on a man he never knew it because I couldn't make eye contact and I got so tongue tied and awkward that he probably thought I hated him and I never ever actually had a date with a man I had a crush on. So my point is it never got that far in the first place and you should be proud you actually had the courage to ask her out in the first place.

One thing that happened once though that is kind of funny and related to this is that I met a really nice man at a party--yes back in the day when the earth was still cooling!--and we sat and talked all night. We had this amazing connection and then we walked the whole 5 miles to my mother's house and I got her car and gave him a ride to his house at 5:30 in the morning and he leaned over to give me a kiss, and I rather imagine that it's what kissing my brother would be like--it did absolutely nothing for me at all. I don't guess it did for him either because he never pursued it, even though I"m sure he had as good a time talking as I did. He dated my best friend for awhile and she thought he was a great kisser, and now he's my facebook friend, lol.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Chow, I don't know if I was ever that off with a date, but I used to get really big crushes on some men--oh the one in college! I was in love with him I think. But when I had a crush on a man he never knew it because I couldn't make eye contact and I got so tongue tied and awkward that he probably thought I hated him and I never ever actually had a date with a man I had a crush on. So my point is it never got that far in the first place and you should be proud you actually had the courage to ask her out in the first place.

One thing that happened once though that is kind of funny and related to this is that I met a really nice man at a party--yes back in the day when the earth was still cooling!--and we sat and talked all night. We had this amazing connection and then we walked the whole 5 miles to my mother's house and I got her car and gave him a ride to his house at 5:30 in the morning and he leaned over to give me a kiss, and I rather imagine that it's what kissing my brother would be like--it did absolutely nothing for me at all. I don't guess it did for him either because he never pursued it, even though I"m sure he had as good a time talking as I did. He dated my best friend for awhile and she thought he was a great kisser, and now he's my facebook friend, lol.
That wouldn't have worked with me.... as I'm a dumb ass and never know when a woman likes me.....

Old 05-14-2011, 11:18 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I dated a guy once for a small stint. His sister and I worked together and she thought we would make a great match. She couldn't have been more off on that one.

He had this weird thing about intimacy (BTW we never made it to the bedroom...or anywhere else ) he would tremble uncontrollably. The first time I thought he was just nervous about kissing. Funny thing is he was perfectly calm, easy going any other time. I didn't want to put him on the spot so I didn't say anything. After a few more dates, it didn't stop. I never said anything to him about it.

Eventually, we saw less and less of each other and even the later dates were more like friends. Needless to say, it didn't work out and we stopped seeing each other. No "break up" just kinda dropped of each other's planet.

It's funny Chow, I've never given it much thought until you brought up this thread. Good memory, wrong guy....for me that is.
LOL, reminds me of this guy, about 8 seconds in:

YouTube -

Chow, she probably starts threads here about it: "Describe Your Worst Date EVER!"

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 05-14-2011 at 11:35 AM..

Old 05-14-2011, 12:59 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Strangely enough my one and only disaster date happened pretty late in life - after my divorce at 43. I got onto eHarmony figuring WTH, why not. After completing a personality profiling that would make Dr. Lecter proud, eH hooked me up with this gal a few towns away (about a half-hour drive).

We met at a bookstore/coffeeshop - I've (un)consciously forgotten which one - for our first date. We talked books, talked coffee, talked world-views - we seemed OK, if not perfect. Got set up for the next date.

Next date was like out-takes from "The Hell Dating Game". She came in with guns blazing, ready to argue with me at the drop of a hat. I wasn't sure whether I was faced with a cunning test of some kind or a dyed-in-the-wool wackadoo. It was only after her parting scene, one that would have put Liz Taylor into serious dramatic trouble in "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" , had finally played out, leaving our fellow patrons slack-jawed with awe, did I get the answer to my earlier question.

Other than that - no problemo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships