Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 09:33 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,813 times

Advertisements

A woman who's attracted to a guy's looks versus a woman's who attracted to his wealth (include a bit of social status), which one's more superficial?

I'm wondering this because it seems more okay for women to admit that they're attracted to an attractive person rather than a rich person. A lot of my friends easily say that another guy's "hot" but rarely compliments him on his wealth.

Now, is wealth becoming less important than physical attraction or are women ashamed of liking a man for his wealth?

Personally, I think it's more superficial for woman to like a guy's looks. Most guys have to earn their money themselves while genetics play a bigger role for looks.

I might be a bit biased since I'm richer than I am good looking. But, I'm not rich on an absolute sense since I'm not very attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 09:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Why is it that people are always trying to break things down like this. Nobody is just good looking or just rich or just fat or just thin or just tall or just short or just timid or just arrogant or just any one thing!!! It's about the whole package! You can't pick one thing and say - which do you prefer? Which is more superficial? If you are dating someone for only one aspect of their whole being - chances are you are being superficial. People fall in love with someone based on everything about them - not simply one aspect of who they are. If you have a checklist or you would only date someone who was rich or who has full lips or big boobs - you are an idiot and you will probably never find happiness. If, on the other hand, you take into account the whole package and really get to know a person - then you have a chance at being successful in love.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:54 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
OP,

I'm attracted to a women's: Ass, chest, face, long legs.......I guess I am superficial.

I have no problems with women being attracted to a guy because he's wealthy. Maybe it's the wealth, but I also believe in conjunction to his wealth, it's the air of confidence a wealthy guy has. It's very masculine to women.

A confident, wealthy man is a homerun for a lot of women. Why would it be any other way? Don't hate the players, hate the game or better yet step up your own game!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:56 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,493,738 times
Both are equally superficial.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:24 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
Boy, OP you're on a roll with these threads.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:45 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Boy, OP you're on a roll with these threads.
LOL.....tell me about it.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:50 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
LOL.....tell me about it.
How come you are almost like the first poster for these type of threads?

Old 05-21-2011, 06:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
I imagine people with no money think it is superficial for others to be attracted to it. Same with looks. Other people's standards only seem to bother those who don't make the cut.

Imagine a woman said to you, "Malkiel, you are so smart. That is so hot! I only date men who challenge me intellectually. And you have a great job so I know you're good at what you do. Smart and going places ... you are the guy for me." Would you think she was shallow and picky? Honestly.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:57 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,132 times
Also I don't remember their being a differences amongst superficial people. If its superficial its all the same thing then.....

Old 05-21-2011, 07:10 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,663,483 times
I bet you if said wealthy guy slaps her @ss with a prenup, she wouldn't find him half as attractive. She's not shallow, simply self-interested, which is worse in my opinion.

Likewise, if buddy presented himself like a middle class stiff and did not reflect his wealth, he wouldn't get that attention either.

So I'll offer up the opposite of the other poster. I don't mind if she discriminates on looks, however discrimination based on wealth can hurt you and is a big red flag. Remember if it flies, floats or f___s....you're better off renting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships