Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:31 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times

Advertisements

Since it's frowned upon in Puritanical America for males to have fluid sexuality, is the fact that I find other males attractive something that I "have" to reveal as a part of who I am to a girl? I've never dated a guy, never had sex with a guy, never fallen in love with a guy, but know when other dudes are hot. I feel really guilty about it because I'm told, as a male, I'm either 100% straight, or gay, there is no in between so I feel guilty dating women because I feel like I'm hiding something from them.

I've started hanging out with a girl who's really into me and I really like her, but I'm programmed to feel like I'm leading a double life just because I think a ripped, shirtless dude looks good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 08:36 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
I think you should be honest and tell her you are bisexual. If she chooses to continue dating you then at least she can't turn around and say you were deceptive about your sexuality.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:39 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I think you should be honest and tell her you are bisexual. If she chooses to continue dating you then at least she can't turn around and say you were deceptive about your sexuality.
That's the problem. That doesn't work. I'm either 100% gay or 100% straight.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Why?

Being bisexual is a perfectly legitimate state. Many people aren't 100% one or the other.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
maybe find some women who are more open-minded? Where do you live?

And I assume you mean you find them attractive as in you yourself are attracted to them?

e: Djuna I think almost nobody is 100%. I consider myself straight, but I am not afraid to say that a guy has features that most would consider attractive. Doesn't mean I'd ever do anything with the guy, just calling a spade a spade.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:48 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Maybe you should try telling some guys about it...

Old 05-26-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Djuna I think almost nobody is 100%. I consider myself straight, but I am not afraid to say that a guy has features that most would consider attractive. Doesn't mean I'd ever do anything with the guy, just calling a spade a spade.
I agree

Old 05-26-2011, 08:56 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
maybe find some women who are more open-minded? Where do you live?

And I assume you mean you find them attractive as in you yourself are attracted to them?

e: Djuna I think almost nobody is 100%. I consider myself straight, but I am not afraid to say that a guy has features that most would consider attractive. Doesn't mean I'd ever do anything with the guy, just calling a spade a spade.
I am most certainly 100% *not* attracted to my same gender Never have been; never will be. Ever. It's just not in the cards for me, as I don't swing that way, at all.

100% straight here

Old 05-26-2011, 08:56 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times
Quote:
Since it's frowned upon in Puritanical America for males to have fluid sexuality, is the fact that I find other males attractive something that I "have" to reveal as a part of who I am to a girl? I've never dated a guy, never had sex with a guy, never fallen in love with a guy, but know when other dudes are hot. I feel really guilty about it because I'm told, as a male, I'm either 100% straight, or gay, there is no in between so I feel guilty dating women because I feel like I'm hiding something from them.

I've started hanging out with a girl who's really into me and I really like her, but I'm programmed to feel like I'm leading a double life just because I think a ripped, shirtless dude looks good.
YES SIR......let her know.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:04 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,296 times
Quote:
Neither does bisexuality and monogamy in the same relationship. I know you didn't say you two were exclusive right now, I'm just saying. Every once in a while you're going to get an itch that, anatomically speaking, your partner can never scratch. Whatever you do, try not to tie yourself down to one person, unless he/she is down with sharing. In the end, it's just better that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships