Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:21 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times

Advertisements

Had a nice first date last night and we talked once we arrived home and she texted this morning. I'm currently on a budget and would rather wait until I get paid next week to go on another date. The money I have left I want to use for food and summer clothes and I figured I can go out next weekend. So as long as I stay in contact with her during these two weeks it shouldn't be too long.

BTW: during the date I hinted that I would not be available this weekend because of Memorial Day which gives me the opportunity to plan for the following weekend. Too Long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 12:24 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Had a nice first date last night and we talked once we arrived home and she texted this morning. I'm currently on a budget and would rather wait until I get paid next week to go on another date. The money I have left I want to use for food and summer clothes and I figured I can go out next weekend. So as long as I stay in contact with her during these two weeks it shouldn't be too long.

BTW: during the date I hinted that I would not be available this weekend because of Memorial Day which gives me the opportunity to plan for the following weekend. Too Long?
I doubt your blowup doll would mind, if she likes you.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
Be honest and upfront with her and tell her that your broke!
Then you won`t have to worry about a 2nd date.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:41 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,448,181 times
I think you could wait to have a second date a week or two.

No reason to rush things anyhow.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think you could wait to have a second date a week or two.

No reason to rush things anyhow.

I don't to start talking about the 2nd date until friday or sat of this week. Too early too mention it now. But I will lie about having plans this Memorial Day Weekend and then throw a second date idea her way right after that.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:54 PM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
I wouldn't lie, but saying broke sounds bad. If you really want to see her in the mean time can you do something free or cheap. My dating budget wasn't always large and I remember doing lunch in the parks and stuff to keep cost down!

Old 05-23-2011, 12:57 PM

77 posts, read 151,853 times
Besides keeping it cheap like LS Jaun suggested, are you both paying for the 2nd date or is it only you? If it's only you, even if you weren't broke, I would suggest going dutch and splitting the bill. As to the question, I think two weeks is a little long but not overly.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:57 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I wouldn't lie, but saying broke sounds bad. If you really want to see her in the mean time can you do something free or cheap. My dating budget wasn't always large and I remember doing lunch in the parks and stuff to keep cost down!
Why is it so difficult for you or why do you analyze everything? Do what LS said and get with her and do something cheap or free. If you can't figure out what to do in your neighborhood for cheap, google it.

I wouldn't wait 2 weeks though. You always do the same thing and never learn.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I used to do free dates in my 20's but it was usually the first date. So it would probably have to be cheap

Old 05-23-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Why is it so difficult for you or why do you analyze everything? Do what LS said and get with her and do something cheap or free. If you can't figure out what to do in your neighborhood for cheap, google it.

I wouldn't wait 2 weeks though. You always do the same thing and never learn.

Let me explain the difference. A year or two ago I would wait two or more weeks on top of not staying in contacting her.

Now I have a cell so I can text and call and keep her interested as we get closer to June 3rd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships