Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:47 PM

72,419 posts, read 18,204,513 times

Advertisements

Have you ever signed a prenuptual agreement?
Do you think it would kill the romance?
Would you sign one?

I personally would sign one,I believe that you have worked so hard for what you have. Love is different. And as soon as money comes in the picture,things would change.

What do you think?

Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times
Fine with me! Fair is fair and if you think you will get fair in divorce court you live in a fantasy world.

Some people are taking it a step further and I find that interesting. It's sort of like setting up the divorce before you get married. Just for example, if you cheat, you leave with nothing but the clothes on your back. In other words, if you are morally backrupt, you end up divorced and financially bankrupt as well.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:28 PM

I know a lot of my friends with prenups.Especially if you are in your late forties and up. you have property,business,etc. It's really better to lay it out,and talk about it.Some are too bashful to mention so time is wasted in months,if the other party mentions it,the wedding comes sooner.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:28 PM

95 posts, read 503,465 times
Author: Adriane Ashley
Book: Every single girls guide to her future husbands last divorce

Current thought trend:
Prenuptial Agreements are unromantic

The Doc says:
It's the most romantic engagement gift that you can give, because you are practically insuring the longevity of your marriage.

It's basically how you wouldn't drive without car insurance. You have life insurance to take care of bills and to help protect your family. Prenuptial s are not encase you get divorced, that's the last thing on our mind when getting married. That's the first thing people jump toward, because of how the brainwashing has lead them to believe. Just as with mortgages, people believe the rate is what counts, when the rate is only a fraction toward the contract. The Media has provided their services to compromise themselves and our thoughts. We should be looking the the true costs for everything.

In a prenupt, you can agree to include how we both could not put down 'irreducible differences' in the divorce.

The intention of the prenuptial is to have these disclosures and conversations upfront ahead of time. Planning before you get married, you can strategies, reducing stress for the longevity. Financial stress will be reduced with a clear concise plan. Conditional love will occur prior to the marriage vs after the marriage. A good relationship/marriage is extremely hard work. Personally, the marriage document is only making our dating legal with the state. Maybe that's why the trend is toward being single, or single with a significant lover. TO create happiness, love and joy.

Prenuptial s are now consider to be normal so you're both protected. Donald Trump figured out after multiple divorces how valuable the prenuptial agreement truly becomes.

If something happens in the future, where you marry a gold digger. This provides instant respect with the existing children.

I wouldn't marry anyone who has an issue with a prenuptial. By planning our entire future, intending the best by clearing the air when it comes to children, economics, short and long term goals. If the conversations are early, getting it out first, the compromises will start earlier versus finding out later, about themselves and the sudden compromise.

A few examples to consider for the prenuptial: Holiday trips, Ownership goals, Money to save, Hobbies, Pets, Investment of capital, Home ownership, assets of the two parties.

Compromise is about the middle road, being objective and taking/giving.

"Divorce is a game played by lawyers."

Old 08-06-2007, 08:42 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Cool, you can plan your divorce before you get married. Before I would do all that I would just stay single, keep everything seperate and live in seperate houses.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:03 PM

91 posts, read 426,113 times
Default I signed one!

My husband had me sign one..... now that I think about it.. relationships are like business ventures.. sometimes they go sour.

I get nothing from my husband if we divorce.. which is fine with me since I don't need anything from anyone nor do I need to be taken care of.. period. However, I am with Roaddog...

prob should have stayed single...

Old 08-06-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Cool, you can plan your divorce before you get married. Before I would do all that I would just stay single, keep everything seperate and live in seperate houses.
You are not planning for a divorce,you are being fair to each other

Old 08-06-2007, 09:46 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
the last thing I was thinking was what we would do if we divorced when i got married, If I thought that I would get divorced I would not have got married in the first place.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:01 PM

95 posts, read 503,465 times
If you're not willing to go into business with the significant lover. Why would you marry the significant lover?

Old 08-06-2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelGood View Post
If you're not willing to go into business with the significant lover. Why would you marry the significant lover?
What business?
You marry that person because you love each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships