Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 07:26 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,103,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Since it's frowned upon in Puritanical America for males to have fluid sexuality, is the fact that I find other males attractive something that I "have" to reveal as a part of who I am to a girl? I've never dated a guy, never had sex with a guy, never fallen in love with a guy, but know when other dudes are hot. I feel really guilty about it because I'm told, as a male, I'm either 100% straight, or gay, there is no in between so I feel guilty dating women because I feel like I'm hiding something from them.

I've started hanging out with a girl who's really into me and I really like her, but I'm programmed to feel like I'm leading a double life just because I think a ripped, shirtless dude looks good.

Now would you ever be with a dude? are you sexually attracted to them?
I think women are hot, sexy, alluring, beautiful, I have nude photos of women..But Im not gay, I appreciate their beauty, I not sexually attracted to them..I'm strictly dickly..I love men.
Im not leading a double life...are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 08:56 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,426,098 times
Cool You know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Now would you ever be with a dude? are you sexually attracted to them?
I think women are hot, sexy, alluring, beautiful, I have nude photos of women..But Im not gay, I appreciate their beauty, I not sexually attracted to them..I'm strictly dickly..I love men.
Im not leading a double life...are you?
Some men are just HOT... some women and just HOT... can't escape it. Only you know if the men turn you on or not.
K

Old 05-27-2011, 09:19 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,765,936 times
Totally agree that noticing others' attractiveness doesn't equal being attracted to somebody...gender immaterial. I work with a lot of people I recognize as being attractive, both male and female. Haven't yet felt an overwhelming urge to kiss any of them.

Entire industries are built around selling crap by using physically attractive men and women to promote it...most women will flip through a fashion magazine and recognize that [fill in the blank with female model/actress' name] is damned attractive. Doesn't mean they fantasize about having sex with her, by virtue of acknowledging her beauty.

You need to think about whether or not you are actually sexually attracted to men, and realize that noticing physical attractiveness isn't necessarily the same thing. It's hard to tell from your OP what is going on, but noticing somebody's good looks doesn't make you gay or bi. It makes you observant.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:55 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,052,704 times
I don't think you're morally obligated to tell her.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:03 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,093,318 times
The idea that as a human, you're genetically forced somehow to either be attracted to males or females is dark ages.

What about all the guys that "Did what I had to do.." in prison or trapped on a boat for 6 months with guys? What most humans are genetically predisposed to be at some point in their life is, is to be simply......HORNY!

But I understand, when my daughter informed me that I was a grandfather I was like...but you're a lesbian? And she replied, "Dad I need some p___ every once in a while"

Old 05-27-2011, 12:07 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,416,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
I don't think you're morally obligated to tell her.
Maybe not morally obligated, but hiding such important part of yourself would be difficult

Old 05-27-2011, 03:07 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,855,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Maybe not morally obligated, but hiding such important part of yourself would be difficult
Yeah, it comes out sooner or later.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:38 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,920,708 times
So I should tell her the male fantasies, but hide the fantasies I have about women then?

Old 05-27-2011, 04:54 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,923,271 times
Quote:
Since it's frowned upon in Puritanical America for males to have fluid sexuality, is the fact that I find other males attractive something that I "have" to reveal as a part of who I am to a girl? I've never dated a guy, never had sex with a guy, never fallen in love with a guy, but know when other dudes are hot. I feel really guilty about it because I'm told, as a male, I'm either 100% straight, or gay, there is no in between so I feel guilty dating women because I feel like I'm hiding something from them.

I've started hanging out with a girl who's really into me and I really like her, but I'm programmed to feel like I'm leading a double life just because I think a ripped, shirtless dude looks good.
I would tell her. Probably not right away but if you like her she needs to know the real you. If she has a problem with it doesn't she have a problem with part of who you are?

Old 05-27-2011, 04:55 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,923,271 times
Quote:
That's the problem. That doesn't work. I'm either 100% gay or 100% straight.
Not everyone feels that way. She just might surprise you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships