Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 11:35 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,842,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
Then honestly, he's not someone I want to get involved with. If I, as a woman, had the guts to approach a guy and give him my number, I expect men to do the same. Nobody likes to get rejected, but it's the courage and confidence in a man that makes him stand out in my eyes .
What if he is only afraid of this one rejection in life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
If he knows I am interested and he doesn't ask me out right away, I take that as a rejection and lose interest pretty quickly, on the order of a week. I don't invest emotionally in people who are not interested.
What if he is interested but is waiting for you to ask him out?

Old 05-29-2011, 12:39 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,654,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
But if men are the ones that are "supposed" to do that, how do you think tht makes them feel? A girl they really like turns them down, and they're really bummed, and other guys see that and they don't want it to happen to them? Are we just "supposed" to take the rejection? Without putting up a fight, without speaking up? Or is it more okay for men to be snubbed than it is for women?
I know it seems like a double standard but women tend to be more emotional, and thus more likely to be hurt longer over a rejection. Men can simply brush it off. That or I've been brainwashed to think that's the case. Idk.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I know it seems like a double standard but women tend to be more emotional, and thus more likely to be hurt longer over a rejection. Men can simply brush it off. That or I've been brainwashed to think that's the case. Idk.
Women more likely to hurt over a rejection? This is a stereotype. Men have feelings too.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Women more likely to hurt over a rejection? This is a stereotype. Men have feelings too.
I realize that both sexes have feelings, but it seems like women take rejection harder than men. Men seem to be able to brush it off quicker.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I realize that both sexes have feelings, but it seems like women take rejection harder than men. Men seem to be able to brush it off quicker.
Based on what statistics? Maybe they aren't use to getting rejection because they reject men left and right. Men do the asking and getting rejected a lot so they can use to it.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Based on what statistics? Maybe they aren't use to getting rejection because they reject men left and right. Men do the asking and getting rejected a lot so they can use to it.
Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. Since women want to have the same rights as men they need to learn to be able to experience the same pain as men until they just become used to rejection so the guy isn't called a pig or a jerk as much. The girl may actually not be what the guy wanted, and that's ok. I don't see him as a pig unless it was something stupid. Same goes for women. I call them shallow for dumping a guy bases on his "measurement." now that is shallow! Anyways, my point is, with rights comes pain. That's what men have had to deal with so why can't we?

Old 05-29-2011, 01:04 AM

You're fast in your responses. And you make very valid points. Kudos.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. Since women want to have the same rights as men they need to learn to be able to experience the same pain as men until they just become used to rejection so the guy isn't called a pig or a jerk as much. The girl may actually not be what the guy wanted, and that's ok. I don't see him as a pig unless it was something stupid. Same goes for women. I call them shallow for dumping a guy bases on his "measurement." now that is shallow! Anyways, my point is, with rights comes pain. That's what men have had to deal with so why can't we?
The thing is that women don't have to experience the rejection since men do the asking anyway but if they want to pursue the man they want then they should be doing the asking or else they might get the same men asking them over and over.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:48 AM

311 posts, read 694,841 times
I think men take rejection just as bad as women.Men have to deal with it more because we're forced to in order to have a relationship or sex.Women put in almost no effort in the initial stage of dating(other than looking ok).This imbalence has always irked me and I hate the fact that womens atraction triggers are much more complex then mens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships