Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 09:12 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,445,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Rounding out today's load of crap - they shut my f'ing water off and in this heat no less. Looking at my statements and payments the bill isn't even mine. Now I'm scrambling to get it back on and it's 5:00 and we're dealing with city government here. Someone in public utilities is going to get fired. Since I know the Mayor personally and professionally. The Utilities supervisor couldn't do squat for me and when I asked her to be transfered to the Mayor's office, she said, and I quote, 'no, I'm not transfering you, you can call him on your own and I don't have to do anything.' It's been quite some time since I reached into a phone and wanted to strangle the hell out of someone. Little did the beosh know I have the Mayor's cell phone number and he's on the case. WTH! Why not, I say, why the hell not!
Cuz somebody needed to get fired, really bad. Hope you went after her. It seems to be your calling. See things might have a reason for being after all. When your groceries were stolen, for example, was there anything in there that you had bought for someone else? A friend, relative, even a pet? If there was, karma was just making sure you wouldn't give this person whatever it was you had bought them. They had bad karma at the time. Same thing with the woman who wouldn't transfer you. She had bad karma and needed to get fired. So you were sent in make it possible. Same thing with the guys who held up you and your guy friend one time. They didn't deserve the loot, so you were chosen to outsmart them and just let them fight over your purse.

At least that's the way I see it.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:05 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,771,567 times
Self imposed torture.

Perusing the car ads for 911's.

Yeah, I know, I previously stated we don't covet much on the material side, and no, I don't..... usually.

But, I do likes me my 911's.

Other than the occasional fantasy, we like to live simply.

I'm just wondering if I have a frog in my pocket....... all this we business......

Old 07-21-2011, 10:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,211,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Instead of perusing ads, you better go return the gesture on the SO appreciation thread or you may sleep in the dog house tonight!

Old 07-21-2011, 10:11 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,771,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Instead of perusing ads, you better go return the gesture on the SO appreciation thread or you may sleep in the dog house tonight!

Yeah, she saw my written soliloquy and then told me to go look at her post.....

Old 07-21-2011, 11:21 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,702,901 times
Y'know there's few things that get my goat more than poor communication. Especially between colleagues. A friend of mine in ROTC says that they have to respond to emails within 24 hours and phone calls within six hours... wish everybody followed that! Except on vacation of course

Old 07-21-2011, 11:49 PM

19,435 posts, read 15,274,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Y'know there's few things that get my goat more than poor communication. Especially between colleagues. A friend of mine in ROTC says that they have to respond to emails within 24 hours and phone calls within six hours... wish everybody followed that! Except on vacation of course
In addition to that, I wish that when you said something, people actually listened to you rather than answering something they assumed you said.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:09 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,635,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
... If there was, karma was just making sure you wouldn't give this person whatever it was you had bought them. They had bad karma at the time. Same thing with the woman who wouldn't transfer you. She had bad karma and needed to get fired. So you were sent in make it possible. Same thing with the guys who held up you and your guy friend one time. They didn't deserve the loot, so you were chosen to outsmart them and just let them fight over your purse.

Coming Soon To A Theater Near You ...

Thursday as Ian Fleming's 007 in

Agent of KARMA

(breathtaking yet ridiculous stunt scene pre-credits; segue to

OPENING CREDITS

(artsy-fartsy segment with some washed-up singer crooning some ridiculous theme)

QUOTES:
  • "My name is Sally - C.D. Sally. All my friends know me as C.D."
  • "Don't worry, Q - I'll have it back to you in a fortnight."
  • "Thursday ... be careful!"
  • "So you insist upon testing yourself against me, eh, 007?"
  • "That evil maniac has managed to corner the market on spill-absorption pillows - he KNOWS that without those, this city will sink like a shot!"

CLOSING CREDITS

(fast-moving list of thousands of consultants, assistants-tos and sponsors)

Old 07-22-2011, 12:15 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,817,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Self imposed torture.

Yeah, I know, I previously stated we don't covet much on the material side, and no, I don't..... usually.

But, I do likes me my 911's.

Other than the occasional fantasy, we like to live simply.

I'm just wondering if I have a frog in my pocket....... all this we business......
What year 911?

Old 07-22-2011, 04:18 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,206,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Cuz somebody needed to get fired, really bad. Hope you went after her. It seems to be your calling. See things might have a reason for being after all. When your groceries were stolen, for example, was there anything in there that you had bought for someone else? A friend, relative, even a pet? If there was, karma was just making sure you wouldn't give this person whatever it was you had bought them. They had bad karma at the time. Same thing with the woman who wouldn't transfer you. She had bad karma and needed to get fired. So you were sent in make it possible. Same thing with the guys who held up you and your guy friend one time. They didn't deserve the loot, so you were chosen to outsmart them and just let them fight over your purse.

I know karma and have seen it in action. The examples above really aren't karma, more like episodes of 'I love lucy.' and they were little gifts to me to add to some comedic flair and typically make others laugh with me over this stuff. These types of things happen every day on this level and magnitude, but they quickly turn my crap mood into laughter - how in the world do you take it seriously. As far as yesterday I had bigger fish to fry than attempt to give someone else 'what they deserve' People like that do themselves in I don't need to help them...that's karama. what seperates me from someone else having all this stuff happen is i'm like a wet duck - I just shake it off.

A new day a new show...let the comedy drama begin.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:23 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,206,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Coming Soon To A Theater Near You ...

Thursday as Ian Fleming's 007 in

Agent of KARMA

(breathtaking yet ridiculous stunt scene pre-credits; segue to

OPENING CREDITS

(artsy-fartsy segment with some washed-up singer crooning some ridiculous theme)

QUOTES:
  • "My name is Sally - C.D. Sally. All my friends know me as C.D."
  • "Don't worry, Q - I'll have it back to you in a fortnight."
  • "Thursday ... be careful!"
  • "So you insist upon testing yourself against me, eh, 007?"
  • "That evil maniac has managed to corner the market on spill-absorption pillows - he KNOWS that without those, this city will sink like a shot!"
CLOSING CREDITS

(fast-moving list of thousands of consultants, assistants-tos and sponsors)
You forgot various shrinks and therapists....Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships