Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 05:38 PM

19,435 posts, read 15,271,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
LOL, how many lemons did you have to zest? I have a recipe for limoncello...haven't made it in years and years. I don't tend to drink the heavy stuff but it sounds great right about now over some crushed ice.
Now we have 14 naked lemons we have to do something with. Lemonade would seem to be the wise choice.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:38 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,085,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This recipe calls for 14 lemons. It also calls for 2 whole bottles of Everclear

You know its a little strong when they put warning and disclaimers on the label.
OMG, that's some strong stuff!

The recipe I have calls for 15 lemons and 2 bottles of vodka. A boat load of sugar (I think 3 or 4 cups?) and some water.

Hmmm, I may have to make that for Bingo night.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Now we have 14 naked lemons we have to do something with. Lemonade would seem to be the wise choice.
Or lemon curd! YUM

Old 07-24-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Or lemon curd! YUM
Good idea! I've never made that before. Maybe I'll do that. Do you have a recipe for that? Otherwise, I'll just look one up.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Good idea! I've never made that before. Maybe I'll do that. Do you have a recipe for that? Otherwise, I'll just look one up.
The one I use is from AllRecipes.

I've been making it for years and you could get a few batches from your lemons.

It keeps well if you can it (basically add it to the jar while hot, put the lid on tight and then turn it upside down for a few minutes or until cool).

Here's the recipe:

Lemon Curd Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I use it on scones, or as filling in cakes. You can also get puff pastry and shape into little cups, then put the lemon curd on the bottom, fresh berries and then top with whipped cream.

Gluttony I tell ya!

Old 07-24-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:

It keeps well if you can it (basically add it to the jar while hot, put the lid on tight and then turn it upside down for a few minutes or until cool).

Here's the recipe:

Thanks, Just!

EDIT: I just went over and read it. I know I'm going to love it. Many of my favorite dishes have lemon in them.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 07-24-2011 at 06:04 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 05:59 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,814,700 times
Quote:

Here's the recipe:

I use it on scones, or as filling in cakes. You can also get puff pastry and shape into little cups, then put the lemon curd on the bottom, fresh berries and then top with whipped cream.

Gluttony I tell ya!
Yum!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Gluttony I tell ya!
LOL. I like to eat slowly and really savor food. I can't stand the feeling of being overly full. But sometimes something tastes so good, I'll keep eating even though I'm no longer hungry. This sounds like it might be one of those things. I'll be in a curd coma and I'm going to blame it on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Yum!
I know!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,207,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, I'm not really that fat... just need to drop a few...

a few dozen.....
You may want to shed them, Chow. I'm sure you're aware that extra weight is related to many diseases, but I just happened to read yesterday it's also related to sleep apnea.

On a different note, I had a lucky shopping day today! I found a pair of pants of normal length - imagine that! Last few years it's been a miracle to find pants that are not too long or too short! I'm still not quite sure about the color, but I'll see...

Then I found a dress. As I don't go out much, dresses are not particularly comfy at work, and it's again a challenge to find a decent one, I could certainly use one. I'm sure the ladies can relate to the fact that more and more substandard ugly polyester made in China is being passed for "fashion" with hefty tags! This dress is also made of polyester, but for a change it was pretty and fit right. On the bright side, polyester doesn't wrinkle, so I succumbed to shelling out the ungodly $118 for it. But... it happened to ring up at $69 even though it didn't appear to be on sale! The girls didn't even notice, but I told them... just in case... They didn't do anything other than scan it, though, so it wouldn't get them in any trouble... Maybe according to their system it WAS on sale after all. That made me feel a little better about the polyestery purchase and I headed to the fancy supermarket next door to get some goodies for the difference!

Oh, btw, the dress was made in Vietnam. For some reason, they have good seamstresses there, unlike in China. Everything made in Vietnam I've come across has been good!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You may want to shed them, Chow. I'm sure you're aware that extra weight is related to many diseases, but I just happened to read yesterday it's also related to sleep apnea.

On a different note, I had a lucky shopping day today! I found a pair of pants of normal length - imagine that! Last few years it's been a miracle to find pants that are not too long or too short! I'm still not quite sure about the color, but I'll see...

Then I found a dress. As I don't go out much, dresses are not particularly comfy at work, and it's again a challenge to find a decent one, I could certainly use one. I'm sure the ladies can relate to the fact that more and more substandard ugly polyester made in China is being passed for "fashion" with hefty tags! This dress is also made of polyester, but for a change it was pretty and fit right. On the bright side, polyester doesn't wrinkle, so I succumbed to shelling out the ungodly $118 for it. But... it happened to ring up at $69 even though it didn't appear to be on sale! The girls didn't even notice, but I told them... just in case... They didn't do anything other than scan it, though, so it wouldn't get them in any trouble... Maybe according to their system it WAS on sale after all. That made me feel a little better about the polyestery purchase and I headed to the fancy supermarket next door to get some goodies for the difference!

Oh, btw, the dress was made in Vietnam. For some reason, they have good seamstresses there, unlike in China. Everything made in Vietnam I've come across has been good!
You got some good finds! I can never find pants that are the perfect length...I either have to wear my FM boots with them so they don't drag on the floor, or get them hemmed.

On the dresses...in the spring and summer that is the majority of my wardrobe. This summer has been a challenge to find a decent dress. The polyester and the patters are just downright UGLY and it seems like anything in jersey knit doesn't keep it's shape. I'm so tired of the crap quality!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships