Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 09:26 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,724,416 times

Advertisements

yeah, I do... which is kinda the sad thing. but I also enjoy the actual act of smoking. the warm feel of the smoke, the taste of a good cigarette, there's just something i really like. I read it has to do with the fact that a smoker often smokes during good situations... after a nice meal, with friends, driving on a country road... your mind begins to associate the nicotine with those things.

Rum and coke ain't bad although I'm no fan of hard liquor. But desperate times call for desperate measures sometimes... currently nursing some Bailey's (bleh, not a huge fan, not for getting tipsy at least).

Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,318,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I love finishing the night by standing on the balcony and lighting one up while thinking about the day or about life.
You remind me of Denny Crane and Alan Shore. Loved that show!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EXg-wk_k2K..._guardians.jpg

Old 08-02-2011, 09:34 PM

y'know Si i've been meaning to igve you some rep for a while now but it keep ssaying I need to spread some around so consider this a rep in spirit

Old 08-02-2011, 09:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,318,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
y'know Si i've been meaning to igve you some rep for a while now but it keep ssaying I need to spread some around so consider this a rep in spirit
OK, I will. Just looooove people like I do!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:15 PM

Cool how something like band breaking up can bring about moving messages like this:

Quote:
So please take care of yourself and each other. Make the life that you've always wanted. Find what makes you happy. Be good to others. Above all else, believe in who you are. If you don't like something in your life, change it. If you don't like or understand something in someone else's life, don't greet it with negativity and derision. Be a good example for them and lend a hand if you're able.
Not a abad code to live by IMO

e: man this song makes me freakin' sad right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHhIejM5y0

Last edited by HurricaneDC; 08-02-2011 at 10:52 PM..

Old 08-03-2011, 12:59 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,660,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Sifu it seems like you've been tasked to un*********r blogs.

Nevermind yourself. The blogs are more important at this time.
*shrug* Dunno.

Blogs always seem too much like work to me. I'll start one all happy and peppy and bursting with enthusiasm, and within a few months I'll ignore it like a red-haired stepson.

It's too structured.

That's why I'd much rather sneak in whatever I can here - it's a much brighter and more spontaneous atmosphere here than in the dark valleys of death that are XHTML, CSS, PHP ...

I'm an improv guy at heart - I need something to react against, to bounce off of. I thrive in chaos and I hate scripts. I've been the other way - a serious writer - and it's just too much structure for this little ol' Taoist.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK, I will. Just looooove people like I do!
... leaning against a lamppost dressed in 7" spikes and a flowing black leather gown while you fondle a stuffed aardvark?

... well, that's how I think of you anyway.

ETA: The aardvark's name is Waggy A.

Last edited by SifuPhil; 08-03-2011 at 01:04 AM.. Reason: ETA

Old 08-03-2011, 01:53 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,479,894 times
Quote:
How beautiful. It's like i'm celebrating my sweet 16th, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I think I was a little lax in helping you get your first one, but I've given you a good start towards #4. Way to go part-timer!
Thanks! It's okay Annie, I rep you all the time, but it's because you have great posts.

Quote:
BTW, I've NEVER heard tempt use for temporary workers, only for what I do to men!
I agree. Phil got the two confused because the strippers at his show are temporary workers, too, and they also tempt him! Lmao!

Quote:
Temp is used for temporary workers. That's what I normally call her.
You can call me temp or tempt, it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Congrats, tempty! It's so pretty!
Thank you, Sea! I know you contributed in me getting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
In the words of the great Howard Stern "Show me those boobs?"
Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
It comes up fine for me...

J/K.
Me too!

Haha, just kidding.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:56 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,479,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
... leaning against a lamppost dressed in 7" spikes and a flowing black leather gown while you fondle a stuffed aardvark?

... well, that's how I think of you anyway.

ETA: The aardvark's name is Waggy A.
Did you know that an aardvark's favorite food is termites?

Aardvarks, Aardvark Pictures, Aardvark Facts - National Geographic

Old 08-03-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I agree. Phil got the two confused because the strippers at his show are temporary workers, too, and they also tempt him! Lmao!
What is WITH you people with this?!?

I meant it as the past-tense - "I tempt at the office yesterday".

It was a pun. Get over it. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Quote:
Did you know that an aardvark's favorite food is termites?
And all this time I thought it was Chunky peanut butter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships