Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:34 PM

404 posts, read 702,731 times

Advertisements

I just need to vent, so please excuse any nonsense, pessimism or whining in this post...

I have spent years trying to solve the puzzle of why women are never interested in me. I have improved in a lot of areas, made changes, tried new things... but in the end nothing of that ever matters. And I have to say I have run out of ideas. I'm stuck.

I tried recording a few videos of myself and after watching, I find myself ackward in some way, but I can't put my finger on what it is or how it can be improved. Maybe it's just the way I am and there's little I can do. I would like some of my closest female friends to help me on this, but I don't see any of them very often. Also they are commonly unavailable if some random day I need someone to speak to. So it seems I'm on my own to try and solve this, if I ever can.

As of now it has already been years of not having my emotional (and physical) needs met, and it's finally starting to affect other areas of my life. It was only a matter of time that it got to this point. Yeah, I have a good relation with my family and I have friends I go out with, but that can only reach so far.

As I said, I'm not expecting solutions here. Just needed to tell it. Since I have no one to speak to right now, I thought at least I'd write it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 04:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,040,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
I just need to vent, so please excuse any nonsense, pessimism or whining in this post...

I have spent years trying to solve the puzzle of why women are never interested in me. I have improved in a lot of areas, made changes, tried new things... but in the end nothing of that ever matters. And I have to say I have run out of ideas. I'm stuck.

I tried recording a few videos of myself and after watching, I find myself ackward in some way, but I can't put my finger on what it is or how it can be improved. Maybe it's just the way I am and there's little I can do. I would like some of my closest female friends to help me on this, but I don't see any of them very often. Also they are commonly unavailable if some random day I need someone to speak to. So it seems I'm on my own to try and solve this, if I ever can.

As of now it has already been years of not having my emotional (and physical) needs met, and it's finally starting to affect other areas of my life. It was only a matter of time that it got to this point. Yeah, I have a good relation with my family and I have friends I go out with, but that can only reach so far.

As I said, I'm not expecting solutions here. Just needed to tell it. Since I have no one to speak to right now, I thought at least I'd write it...
No worries, some issues really do need an outside perspective to help you find out what you should improve on next.

Though I wouldn't post any kind of videos of yourself up here because there's some pretty terrible posters on here, male and female alike, who would probably give you some dumb comments or wrong observations.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:42 PM

48,610 posts, read 35,070,562 times
Is it that you cannot get a first date, or it fizzles out after that?

Old 06-12-2011, 04:44 PM

Haha I had no intention of uploading videos of myself to the internet, Prince_Frog. Also it probably wouldn't be of much use if the videos are watched by people from other countries due to language/culture differences (I'm from Spain and most people here are from the USA).

Old 06-12-2011, 04:56 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,471,345 times
I do hear frustration of the youth, and (as much as I dread my kids going through this in near future) I'm going to say the frustration shows. People in general, and women in particular, pick up on it, and it is unattractive. There is not much I can advise, except for the very worn out one (and hated by the youth because nothing will be promised NOW and they want it NOW) - look after yourself first, become self-assured first, become self-reliant, find a thing you love to do with or without a partner.

Because attractive men don't make videos of themselves. They either don't care or don't have time for this foolishness among their pursuits. And that self-assured-ness is the most attractive quality.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I do hear frustration of the youth, and (as much as I dread my kids going through this in near future) I'm going to say the frustration shows. People in general, and women in particular, pick up on it, and it is unattractive. There is not much I can advise, except for the very worn out one (and hated by the youth because nothing will be promised NOW and they want it NOW) - look after yourself first, become self-assured first, become self-reliant, find a thing you love to do with or without a partner.

Because attractive men don't make videos of themselves. They either don't care or don't have time for this foolishness among their pursuits. And that self-assured-ness is the probably the most attractive quality.
That advice is gold.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:05 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,656,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That advice is gold.
Agreed.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:13 PM

Mikala43: No, I can't get any dates. Had 2 in the last 3 years (1 was online) and it never got to a 2nd date.

nuala: yes, I would say that nowadays it probably shows. But it wasn't always like that. Some time ago I was quite more lively and cheerful in general, but the situation with women has kept the same and it has finally affected me. Still, we have kind of a chicken and egg problem here. I have been years trying to focus on other things, and I do have some things going on in my life. But I've found that just doing that does not make me more attractive or desirable. I'm going to need some help yet it seems I am on my own here.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Mikala43: No, I can't get any dates. Had 2 in the last 3 years (1 was online) and it never got to a 2nd date.

nuala: yes, I would say that nowadays it probably shows. But it wasn't always like that. Some time ago I was quite more lively and cheerful in general, but the situation with women has kept the same and it has finally affected me. Still, we have kind of a chicken and egg problem here. I have been years trying to focus on other things, and I do have some things going on in my life. But I've found that just doing that does not make me more attractive or desirable. I'm going to need some help yet it seems I am on my own here.

How often do you ask girls out?

Old 06-12-2011, 05:27 PM

In the last 2 years I'd say some dozens. I had a pretty active period when I attended salsa lessons since I met a lot of girls there. Lately I do it less often, because of both meeting less women and somewhat losing hope after so many rejections
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships