Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:21 PM

550 posts, read 984,827 times

Advertisements

So there's a guy at work who is in his late 30's/early 40's. However he looks much younger. Anyway, he is either a big flirt or a player and we are very friendly. We have each others phone numbers and sit w/ each other at breaks sometimes. However, sometimes I see this guy hanging out with girls in the range of teenage to early 20's at work, talking to them, being very friendly with them. Who knows if stuff is going on with them behind the scenes and I really don't want to jump to any conclusions about if he's doing teenagers. I recently came into the middle of a conversation between him and a younger girl and another younger guy. She was talking about how she had a steady boyfriend and the older guy and younger guy were laughing about it later. I could just be jumping to conclusions, but I have known this guy for awhile and don't want to think he is hooking up with late teens or even early 20 somethings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 10:23 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
So there's a guy at work who is in his late 30's/early 40's. However he looks much younger. Anyway, he is either a big flirt or a player and we are very friendly. We have each others phone numbers and sit w/ each other at breaks sometimes. However, sometimes I see this guy hanging out with girls in the range of teenage to early 20's at work, talking to them, being very friendly with them. Who knows if stuff is going on with them behind the scenes and I really don't want to jump to any conclusions about if he's doing teenagers. I recently came into the middle of a conversation between him and a younger girl and another younger guy. She was talking about how she had a steady boyfriend and the older guy and younger guy were laughing about it later. I could just be jumping to conclusions, but I have known this guy for awhile and don't want to think he is hooking up with late teens or even early 20 somethings.
I hate to break it to you, but he sounds like a pedo if he's hanging out with teen girls. Sorry.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:29 PM

550 posts, read 984,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I hate to break it to you, but he sounds like a pedo if he's hanging out with teen girls. Sorry.

If he's hanging out with them on break at work or on the job, that means he's a pedo? I didn't want to jump to that conclusion. And I don't really know how old everyone of these girls are, but they are young. So I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:31 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
If he's hanging out with them on break at work or on the job, that means he's a pedo? I didn't want to jump to that conclusion. And I don't really know how old everyone of these girls are, but they are young. So I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt.
That depends on what his job is.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:35 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Sorry, you're talking about guys in my age range. Any guy with half a brain, at our age, knows that talking sex, flirting and hanging around with teenage girls is improper.

I don't know the full situation, so it is hard to understand the context. There may be exceptions, but in general, I stand by the above comment.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:37 PM

13,610 posts, read 21,399,012 times
One, why are you worried if this guy flirts with a 20 year old girl unless you want him also?

Two, since when is a 20 year old girl (woman) jail bait?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:39 PM

77 posts, read 151,906 times
I thought pedos liked prepubescent children, not minors.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,472,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Sorry, you're talking about guys in my age range. Any guy with half a brain, at our age, knows that talking sex, flirting and hanging around with teenage girls is improper.

I don't know the full situation, so it is hard to understand the context. There may be exceptions, but in general, I stand by the above comment.
You are so right! And why would any man in his 30s or 40s want to "hang out" with young girls during breaks? Or talk/flirt with them? It's completely inappropriate. I wonder if he would do that if these girls' fathers were around? I don't think he would.

When I was younger (teens), there were ALWAYS older guys on the job flirting and making sexual comments to us. At the time, there was no such thing as "sexual harassment" and if you complained, you were a trouble maker or they would make fun of you & make you so miserable you would quit.

These guys were pure perverts. This was the 70s, though. If that stuff happened today, not only would the company have to pay out a ton of money for sexual harassment, but these dirtbags would have been locked up.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:47 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,472,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
One, why are you worried if this guy flirts with a 20 year old girl unless you want him also?

Two, since when is a 20 year old girl (woman) jail bait?

A lecherous OLD MAN shouldn't be sniffing around a female young enough to be his daughter. And, yes, late 30s/early 40s is an OLD MAN to a woman that age. Disgusting.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:53 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,014 times
Uh, aren't 19/20 years olds legal age to date? They are here in CA anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships