Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 01:23 PM

81 posts, read 194,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
OP, I'm sorry, but I think you really need to mind your own business.

Let him live his life the way he wants, and get on with yours.

Don't judge everyone by your own standards.

So he talks to 19 year old females.

And ????

Would you think it was odd if he talked to 19 year old males ?
Amen. Did you notice the subsequent posts following the OP were mostly presuming derogatory/ shady behavior based on nothing? Did these people suddenly become mind readers and know exactly what the person was doing? For all you know, they are mutual friends of a family member. Who knows. I know I don’t.

Its funny how much shaming a man will get, especially from women, when said man starts to date outside of a certain age range. When I say shaming, I mean others trying to make said person feel bad based on others judgments. I get this a lot from my older , less attractive female friends. I am 30 and still, easily, able to get with college girls and my older ( and jealous female friends) make it known they abhor this. They would rather put their energy into judging others and coming to conclusions than working on their own situation and minding their own business.

Why should it matter if a man of 30+ is talking or dating a legal 18,19, or 20 year old? Who is it hurting? Certainly not the young women if she is consenting. The guy is okay as far as I know. Yet, people feel the need to prod, pry and otherwise impose their feeble belief systems on others by making someone else’s business theirs. This is justified by automatically assuming that the guys behavior is outside of a moral code. The simple boring reality is that the guy like the girl and the girl likes the guy. Everything else is pure whimsical crap. I personally don’t care what others do behind closed doors. If its not the norm, as long as it doesn’t affect me, than whats the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,108,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
So there's a guy at work who is in his late 30's/early 40's. However he looks much younger. Anyway, he is either a big flirt or a player and we are very friendly. We have each others phone numbers and sit w/ each other at breaks sometimes. However, sometimes I see this guy hanging out with girls in the range of teenage to early 20's at work, talking to them, being very friendly with them. Who knows if stuff is going on with them behind the scenes and I really don't want to jump to any conclusions about if he's doing teenagers. I recently came into the middle of a conversation between him and a younger girl and another younger guy. She was talking about how she had a steady boyfriend and the older guy and younger guy were laughing about it later. I could just be jumping to conclusions, but I have known this guy for awhile and don't want to think he is hooking up with late teens or even early 20 somethings.
Why are you si concerned with this dude's lovelife? So what if he digs younger, hot women? Who doesn't? As long as these chicks are 18 or over, it's all good and nobody's biz but theirs. I myself dated younger women my whole life, I think the biggest age difference in any relationship I had was 12 years, like I was 35 or so and she was 23 or 24. My wife is 9 years younger than me.
Dating--and marrying--young, smokin' women is merely yet another perk for guys like us who work hard to keep ourselves fit and young-looking and virile.
Get over it.
Peace.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:08 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,654,035 times
Did someone rep me? Your comment didn't show up

Old 06-08-2011, 02:26 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,485,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
You sound like you are still in junior high. When you grow up you will come to realize talking and flirting with young women is not sexual harassment, not matter what age an 'older' man is. The OP's thinking is almost as screwed up as your thinking, although she did say that she might be jumping to conclusions. You are going way beyond that point. The funny part of this whole thread is, it is not any of your business, nor is it any of the OP's business. Give us all a break and think before you write something so ridiculous next time. You don't know anyone's age, the teenagers might not be teenagers, the 40 year old man might be 25 for all we know. Doesn't sound to me like the OP really is much of a judge or age.

I didn't say "talking and flirting" is sexual harassment. Had you actually read my post, you would have read that I said SEXUAL COMMENTS --- and, yes, that is sexual harassment. Oh, and if you didn't know, sexual comments isn't "flirting".

The OP stated the man/men in question are late-30s/early 40s. The OP said the women in question are teens to early 20s. So, we know the ages as the OP gave them and that's what most of the responses here are based on.

As for it being nobody's business --- once a person puts something on a public message board, it becomes EVERYBODY'S business!

Oh, and BTW, I am not in junior high. I am an adult. You, on the other hand, sound like a child who thinks he knows everything and is getting it all wrong. Go back and read the posts!

Old 06-08-2011, 02:38 PM

1,543 posts, read 3,000,110 times
You know my dad's dad married his wife when he as 45 and she was 15. That is a bit extreme for today, at least here. I might be one of the few. But I believe once puberty starts its fair game. Too many American's like to put life in stages and that is not a right thing to do.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:49 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,939,189 times
In fairness, it's not even the OP's business.

The guy only works beside her, and is an acquaintance, nothing more.
Not a husband, boyfriend, relative, employee, boss, or anything of the kind.

Neither, I believe are the young ladies.

This gentleman displays no sexual, aggressive, threatening or similar behaviour directly toward the OP.
His behaviour has absolutely no direct effect on her whatsoever.

Therefore, it really is a non event.
All these pages of discussion are based on assumptions and prejudices.

The OP might as well have started with "once upon a time" and let us imagine the rest.
Some appear to have done that anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
As for it being nobody's business --- once a person puts something on a public message board, it becomes EVERYBODY'S business!

Old 06-08-2011, 05:09 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,342,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
don't want to think he is hooking up with late teens or even early 20 somethings.
Then don't think about it

Old 06-08-2011, 05:19 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,403,193 times
Give me a break... A 40 year old man who flirts with 19 or 20 year old women is a "pedophile?" What nonsense. Why don't you look up the word in a dictionary since you obviously have no clue what a pedophile is: someone having sex with children.

Most 40 (or 50 or 60) year old men enjoy talking to pretty young girls. Most don't have plans to take it further or are smart enough to realize a girl that age regards them as old men. But no adult man talking to someone 19 or 20 is a pedophile. So ludicrous!

Old 06-08-2011, 05:41 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,713,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Uh, aren't 19/20 years olds legal age to date? They are here in CA anyway.
it's also legal to marry your cousin in California, are you saying you wouldn't raise an eyebrow or two if someone told you they married their cousin?

Old 06-08-2011, 06:08 PM

13,618 posts, read 21,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangles View Post
Its funny how much shaming a man will get, especially from women, when said man starts to date outside of a certain age range.

Not if he is Bill Clinton. In that case forget about just talking to her, sex is excused because hey, he is good looking and the president and he is just being guy and you can't blame him or Monica for going for it.

And I heard those excuses and justifications from men and women.

But for the everyday guy, well you are a pig if you do it.oink oink......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships