Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:56 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
A lecherous OLD MAN shouldn't be sniffing around a female young enough to be his daughter. And, yes, late 30s/early 40s is an OLD MAN to a woman that age. Disgusting.
Well that's opinion and you are entitled to it but even if she is 19 or 20 she is considered a adult and adults have the freedom to associate with who they want.

The OP sounds like she wants and likes this guy. If she has red flags about him then all she has to do is not associate with him and let him to his own business.

The double standard is if he was famous or rich it would be more accepted by most people. If it were a 20 old man with a 40 old woman it be more acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 11:01 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
The OP didn't specify the age of the teenage girls. Or at least I didn't see that. She they "are young".

Legal or not, 40 year olds sniffing around 18 year old is going to be viewed poorly, and not just by women. I know lots of guys that make fun of guys our age going after teens (legal). Yes, most guys will see a hot girl and note she's hot, doesn't matter the age for the most part. But most have enough decency to feel creepy when they even NOTE that someone they considered attractive might be so young. I've known guys that have freaked that they momentarily noticed a girl young enough to be their daughter.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Well that's opinion and you are entitled to it but even if she is 19 or 20 she is considered a adult and adults have the freedom to associate with who they want.

The OP sounds like she wants and likes this guy. If she has red flags about him then all she has to do is not associate with him and let him to his own business.

The double standard is if he was famous or rich it would be more accepted by most people. If it were a 20 old man with a 40 old woman it be more acceptable.

I agree with you in part. But a women going after a bunch of teen boys would creepy to me too. Sorry.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Uh, aren't 19/20 years olds legal age to date? They are here in CA anyway.

I am trying to decide if it is case that some women have more anger toward the guy who is still in shape or has looks who can attract younger women or anger toward the younger woman as competition.

A 40 year old woman who still looks youthful and gets hit on by a 20 something year old guy is blessed but a 40 year old guy who still has it is lecherous so it seems.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:04 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
So there's a guy at work who is in his late 30's/early 40's. However he looks much younger. Anyway, he is either a big flirt or a player and we are very friendly. We have each others phone numbers and sit w/ each other at breaks sometimes. However, sometimes I see this guy hanging out with girls in the range of teenage to early 20's at work, talking to them, being very friendly with them. Who knows if stuff is going on
Sounds a lil like jealousy to me

Old 06-07-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I am trying to decide if it is case that some women have more anger toward the guy who is still in shape or has looks who can attract younger women or anger toward the younger woman as competition.

A 40 year old woman who still looks youthful and gets hit on by a 20 something year old guy is blessed but a 40 year old guy who still has it is lecherous so it seems.
No anger from this 44 year old.

Being hit on by someone younger is a compliment, I will totally concede that point. Going after them is sad.

The neighbor 20 year olds ask me to come over and drink with them, I did a couple times and was subsequently hit on. Me hanging with them made me feel creepy. And they were in their 20s, not teens.

This guy is hanging out with teens, and the poster only said she didn't know their age, but they are young.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No anger from this 44 year old.

Being hit on by someone younger is a compliment, I will totally concede that point. Going after them is sad.

The neighbor 20 year olds ask me to come over and drink with them, I did a couple times and was subsequently hit on. Me hanging with them made me feel creepy. And they were in their 20s, not teens.

This guy is hanging out with teens, and the poster only said she didn't know their age, but they are young.

Well sounds to me like the guy in question finds the OP attractive. It also sounds to me like the guy in question appreciates women by their individuality and not their age.

I have known women in their 40's who are basket cases, I have known women in their 20's who have their act together and vice versa.

Sounds to me like you would have a lot of guys attention whether they are your age or whatever.

But you said them. Going back to the going clubbing thread. There is a difference between hanging with a group and a individual. I'd say the chances of feeling out of place with a group is higher than with a individual.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Well sounds to me like the guy in question finds the OP attractive. AGREED. BUT AS SHE PUT IT: HE'S EITHER A FLIRT OR A PLAYER. It also sounds to me like the guy in question appreciates women by their individuality and not their age. YES, AS LONG AS HE HAS SHOWN INTEREST IN SOMEONE OVER 25. I REALLY HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT IN GENERAL, WOMEN IN THEIR FORTIES ARE A "TREND" AT THE MOMENT WHICH IS THE SAME PREMISE YOU HAVE ABOVE. I STILL FIND SOME OF THE PROPOSITIONS ODD, AT BEST. /LOL SO IF A 40 YEAR OLD HAS A THING FOR THE 20S IT'S GOOD WITH ME, BUT ONLY AS FAR AS IT WAS GOOD WITH ME THAT 20 SOMETHINGS WANTED A 43 YEAR OLD.

I have known women in their 40's who are basket cases, I have known women in their 20's who have their act together and vice versa. MAY I HAVE AN AMEN?!!!

Sounds to me like you would have a lot of guys attention whether they are your age or whatever.

But you said them. Going back to the going clubbing thread. There is a difference between hanging with a group and a individual. I'd say the chances of feeling out of place with a group is higher than with a individual. AGREED. I DON'T KNOW THE GUY, BUT HOW THE OP HAS DESCRIBED HIM I DON'T THINK I'M IMPRESSED. BUT AS YOU SAID PREVIOUSLY TO EACH THEIR OWN.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:34 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
Default older guys and teenage girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
You are so right! And why would any man in his 30s or 40s want to "hang out" with young girls during breaks? Or talk/flirt with them? It's completely inappropriate. I wonder if he would do that if these girls' fathers were around? I don't think he would.

When I was younger (teens), there were ALWAYS older guys on the job flirting and making sexual comments to us. At the time, there was no such thing as "sexual harassment" and if you complained, you were a trouble maker or they would make fun of you & make you so miserable you would quit.

These guys were pure perverts. This was the 70s, though. If that stuff happened today, not only would the company have to pay out a ton of money for sexual harassment, but these dirtbags would have been locked up.
You sound like you are still in junior high. When you grow up you will come to realize talking and flirting with young women is not sexual harassment, not matter what age an 'older' man is. The OP's thinking is almost as screwed up as your thinking, although she did say that she might be jumping to conclusions. You are going way beyond that point. The funny part of this whole thread is, it is not any of your business, nor is it any of the OP's business. Give us all a break and think before you write something so ridiculous next time. You don't know anyone's age, the teenagers might not be teenagers, the 40 year old man might be 25 for all we know. Doesn't sound to me like the OP really is much of a judge or age.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:12 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
Well, you could see what's bad about this guy talking to very young women, or you could see what's good about it.

I was hideous until my second year of College (first year, I started Weightlifting, got pregnant and married, started eating right, started taking vitamins, discovered Hair Conditioner...), and when older men started flirting with me, I was enormously grateful. Not only did they boost my self-esteem, I learned a lot from talking to them, and made connections. Some of those connections and friendships are still ongoing.

For the most part, these men just want to talk to someone young, and feel that they're still vital and in-touch. And why shouldn't they?

These days, I have nineteen-year-old bodybuilders talking to me a lot at the Gym. It's always been like that. They tell me all sorts of good stuff. So why shouldn't this forty-year-old man have the same privilege.

Maybe he's a bit of a predator. But more likely, he's just someone who likes to talk to pretty girls. And BTW, moderately-fit men do not even begin to go downhill, these days, until they are past forty. Bodybuilders don't start going down until past 50, and there are plenty of smokin'-hot dudes out there, these days, past 60. (but sedentary men who drink, smoke, are sleep-deprived, or who eat unwisely, still start going downhill at 19)

Men are like Rolls Royces: Age is irrelevant. Condition is everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships