Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 03:48 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,970 times

Advertisements

I've met some very very attractive middle easterners..I'm of that descent myself, though I'm also half eastern European descent. One of my best friends is half Lebanese and she gets her gorgousness from her dad's side (Lebanese), not that her mom isn't attractive, she is, she's just more generically attractive. Her cousin has the biggest, brightest eyes I have ever seen, so bright that she looks weird with eye make up, its too much on her. you all are some beautiful people! either way, its not all about looks, and with dating, it shouldn't matter, at least in the U.S. if you're middle eastern or not, as long as people like you.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:51 PM

5 posts, read 20,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I've met some very very attractive middle easterners..I'm of that descent myself, though I'm also half eastern European descent. One of my best friends is half Lebanese and she gets her gorgousness from her dad's side (Lebanese), not that her mom isn't attractive, she is, she's just more generically attractive. Her cousin has the biggest, brightest eyes I have ever seen, so bright that she looks weird with eye make up, its too much on her. you all are some beautiful people! either way, its not all about looks, and with dating, it shouldn't matter, at least in the U.S. if you're middle eastern or not, as long as people like you.
I must clarify that my question is not so much about mid-east looks rather the social stigma associated with people in that part of the world, or the belief that we consider them the enemy or that they hate us..etc.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:57 PM

630 posts, read 1,049,524 times
im iranian

HOLLERRRRRRR

Old 06-17-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malijac View Post
I must clarify that my question is not so much about mid-east looks rather the social stigma associated with people in that part of the world, or the belief that we consider them the enemy or that they hate us..etc.
nah, I know a ton of middle eastern people and we're cool. Sometimes my best friends dad talks smack about the Israeli/Arab conflict (my parents both served in the Israeli army) but I just don't tell him what my parents did or what I think of it all. That and I know deep down he knows we can all get along, at least out here in the U.S. or at least I can get along with them. I'm a very neutral person and I'm not much for siding with people anyways, I get along with everyone.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:01 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,406,994 times
Quote:
I mean, it's true, isn't it? Since 911 there is a stigma in the U.S. regarding middle-easterners. I'm half Lebanese myself, born in raised in the States, grew up loving John Wayne and hating Ed Sullivan, 'cause it meant I had to go back to school the next day, and I've felt it. I live in a big city so it's probably not so bad. I wonder if you lived in a big city if you might not find it a little better.

A friend of mine knows Marlo Thomas, who is like I am and like my friend is in fact, half Lebanese and half Italian. He was talking to her a few weeks ago and she said, something to the effect, that now when people ask her what nationality she is, she just says, I'm an Arab. Point being that she refuses to let people make her shy about her heritage.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
I mean, it's true, isn't it? Since 911 there is a stigma in the U.S. regarding middle-easterners. I'm half Lebanese myself, born in raised in the States, grew up loving John Wayne and hating Ed Sullivan, 'cause it meant I had to go back to school the next day, and I've felt it. I live in a big city so it's probably not so bad. I wonder if you lived in a big city if you might not find it a little better.

A friend of mine knows Marlo Thomas, who is like I am and like my friend is in fact, half Lebanese and half Italian. He was talking to her a few weeks ago and she said, something to the effect, that now when people ask her what nationality she is, she just says, I'm an Arab. Point being that she refuses to let people make her shy about her heritage.
I don't get the stigma either. My mother grew up speaking Arabic as well a Hebrew cause her family is from Iran but we're Jewish. She doesn't like it when I tell people her family is from there cause she's ashamed. It's silly to me, especially since we're not even Arabic anyways. Every time I go to my best friends house, they welcome me there and feed me some of the best and healthiest food I have ever had. Maybe they just are that way with me cause she's one of my best friends and I'm a good friend, but that's just it. It doesn't matter what our backgrounds are: we can get along just fine.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,207,344 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
I mean, it's true, isn't it? Since 911 there is a stigma in the U.S. regarding middle-easterners.
I personally don't care about any of that, but I'd never marry a guy from that region. Yes, they can be gorgeous, I've had flings with them in the past, but I don't care to be treated in the way they treat women. I don't know... Christians may very well be different, but I definitely shy away from these men, even though they can be very tempting.

Also, the way they act and treat their women in a foreign country often has nothing to do with the way they treat them if they move to their home country. I'm adding this in case somebody thinks having had flings with them contradicts the rest of my post. “Not Without My Daughter” is not a joke.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:13 PM

630 posts, read 1,049,524 times
oh please. not without my daughter is a serious exaggeration

Old 06-17-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I personally don't care about any of that, but I'd never marry a guy from that region. Yes, they can be gorgeous, I've had flings with them in the past, but I don't care to be treated in the way they treat women. I don't know... Christians may very well be different, but I definitely shy away from these men, even though they can be very tempting.

Also, the way they act and treat their women in a foreign country often has nothing to do with the way they treat them if they move to their home country. I'm adding this in case somebody thinks having had flings with them contradicts the rest of my post. “Not Without My Daughter” is not a joke.
haha, i wouldn't know how the ones who are from over there are, but ya it sounds like they treat women horribly. I just know how the Americanized ones are and they seem fine to me.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,207,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
oh please. not without my daughter is a serious exaggeration
Yeah, right! There are plenty of cases like this one that didn't make it into a book/movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships