Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 07:25 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,880 times

Advertisements

So me and some friends were drunk an hour ago(I'm still drunk), and since it's midsummer, the traditions need be held up... drinking, dancing around the midsummerpole, streaking... the whole deal.

So we ran naked through my friends neighborhood for half an hour or so up to a hill and hit some bull-statues with our... ...well anyways we ran into some girls, some rather hot girls at that looking like they were in about the right age to start university or already attend it...
But the thing is this isn't as common for people to do anymore... it's actually become a rather rare tradition to uphold...(just like recent years of youngsters don't drink as much as we do)

So the question is; if you saw a guy run around streaking during a pagan holiday, would this be a deal-breaker for you if you met the same man well dressed in school or when you were out?

(I might add I'm just curious, I don't expect actually ever see these women again)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 07:41 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
So me and some friends were drunk an hour ago(I'm still drunk), and since it's midsummer, the traditions need be held up... drinking, dancing around the midsummerpole, streaking... the whole deal.

So we ran naked through my friends neighborhood for half an hour or so up to a hill and hit some bull-statues with our... ...well anyways we ran into some girls, some rather hot girls at that looking like they were in about the right age to start university or already attend it...
But the thing is this isn't as common for people to do anymore... it's actually become a rather rare tradition to uphold...(just like recent years of youngsters don't drink as much as we do)

So the question is; if you saw a guy run around streaking during a pagan holiday, would this be a deal-breaker for you if you met the same man well dressed in school or when you were out?

(I might add I'm just curious, I don't expect actually ever see these women again)
Well, I believe the summer solstice is 6/21 this year, so I'm thinking they just think your nuts.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:44 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,457 times
No.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, I believe the summer solstice is 6/21 this year, so I'm thinking they just think your nuts.
Not the same as midsummer.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
ROTFLMAO! Yep!

Old 06-24-2011, 07:48 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Had to look that up.

Says the date is variable, so I'm thinking, they are thinking, that you are nuts.

Or saw your nuts....?

Either way, they may be traumatized.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Isn't that in July?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:53 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,857 times
If it's done as a prank or joke, I would not see it as a deal-breaker. But then again, I'm rather immature myself at times and like to pull dangerous or funny pranks like that. If it's not something that's done regurlaly (specially the drinking part)...no big deal.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:55 PM

Midsummer was originally connected to the summersolstice, but as christianity came they tried to change it to the day of some "john the baptist" or whatever, and the date was moved a few days to fit the christian date. But the people thought "**** it, midsummer all the same, and so we've been going on with havng midsummer a few days later for the last millennium.

So it's sort of become a hybrid, as the date has been moved and we feast instead of sacrificing blood/animals/slaves/PoWs to norse gods.

Now that we're finally rid of christianity it remains the same though... hope these new Muslims wont bring new stuff to trash old traditions...

Old 06-25-2011, 09:25 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,769 times
Quote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wow, can't imagine why my ancestors ever left the land of "let's go crazy when the sun never sets"

and I am trying to not picture this scene, ol' Benny Hill couldn't have played it better...

And while you are running around drunk and in the nude debauching a pagan statue and meanwhile able to determine with some degree of precision that some females who happened by appeared to be
" about the right age to start university or already attend it..."

I should think you'd be more concerned about whether any of them had a cell phone camera, perhaps you should check YouTube

ahahahahhahahahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships