Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 11:21 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,896,530 times

Advertisements

So you fixed the pic and the part where you were told to change it. Towards the last part you still come off as smug and conceited. "Checking...binoculars ..." Really? You are nice looking but not great looking. Lose the attitude that you are God's gift. I am old enough to be your grandmother so I am telling you this in a purely disinterested way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 11:27 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,696,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
Anyone have any constructive criticism and suggestions on what I can do to improve my profile (text as well as pics)?

papafox outdoors, camping, football, Patriots, Redsox

Please be blunt and don't be afraid to criticize anything that shouldn't be there!
Nice eyes!

Clean cut, if you like that, but personally I would have you grow out your hair and mustache!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:38 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,508,094 times
umm....no one mentioned the ridiculous part where you wrote "did you just grab my butt"" and then "made you look"....childish.
some of the stuff you wrote did sound concieted. your pictures show that you like to have fun and travel. i dont know if you need to actually say it in so many words. its like you are forcing the fact that you travel and make it sound like you really to go to exotic places when really its just a beach or skiing.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:38 AM

92 posts, read 112,633 times
Default ROTFLMAO @ optiflex...

when I can, I'll reply to the OP. I think I literally busted a gut.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:39 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,088,868 times
I'll give you this though, your profile is better than Honey-NY's!

But you know what? I'll bet she's gotten 100 personal messages, no lack of desperate guys out there!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:42 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,759,875 times
Make it as arrogant as possible but in a funny way. In a pool of 1000 nice sounding wusses, yours will stand out. Women like the bad boys

I gave this tip to several guys and it worked for them.

Immediately, after reading this post, naysayers will swarm around me like flies. But these are women who have been made nice out of age and experience, the post 35 crowd of women brought down to earth after the wild 20s, the ones you aren't exactly looking for LMAO

Old 06-25-2011, 11:49 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,587,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
So you fixed the pic and the part where you were told to change it. Towards the last part you still come off as smug and conceited. "Checking...binoculars ..." Really? You are nice looking but not great looking. Lose the attitude that you are God's gift. I am old enough to be your grandmother so I am telling you this in a purely disinterested way.
I agree with this analysis. I think it's important to come across as confident, but not as an insufferable snot. I think an average looking guy playing up "sexy" "beauty" "pretty face" and all that stuff that he thinks he deserves in a woman comes across as laughable. Of course you want those things. Having your partner be nice on the eyes is a great bonus. But I think you need to be realistic about what you look like and go from that point forward.

Yes, there are some men out there who are average who have a hot babe on their arm. But they usually get her there because they are so smooth in other areas that it makes up for the average looks. Arrogance might work as a tactic if you're that "10" guy, but I think it looks bad when you're a "5" who makes it sound like he thinks he deserves one of the Playboy bunnies hanging around his house in a nightie for 3 years while he "sees where life leads us."

Old 06-25-2011, 11:51 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,587,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
umm....no one mentioned the ridiculous part where you wrote "did you just grab my butt"" and then "made you look"....childish.
Right. I'm not sure that would have even worked back in 7th grade. It definitely is not impressive on a man over 18. If you're more than a few years past that... well...

Old 06-25-2011, 11:51 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,508,094 times
i dissagree with Antlered!!
the fact that he sounds arrogant is not "bad boy"--it sounds conceited.
bad boy to me is James Dean. it's strong, quiet (not silent), sure of himself, brooding, etc.
this man is none of those things but trying so hard to be a "bad boy" cause he thinks that is what women want to hear.
if you are actually a nice guy who is humble, but likes to have fun etc, saying so will get your farther than sounding like someone who doesnt actually care about anything but the phisical.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:53 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,759,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
I agree with this analysis. I think it's important to come across as confident, but not as an insufferable snot. I think an average looking guy playing up "sexy" "beauty" "pretty face" and all that stuff that he thinks he deserves in a woman comes across as laughable. Of course you want those things. Having your partner be nice on the eyes is a great bonus. But I think you need to be realistic about what you look like and go from that point forward.

Yes, there are some men out there who are average who have a hot babe on their arm. But they usually get her there because they are so smooth in other areas that it makes up for the average looks. Arrogance might work as a tactic if you're that "10" guy, but I think it looks bad when you're a "5" who makes it sound like he thinks he deserves one of the Playboy bunnies hanging around his house in a nightie for 3 years while he "sees where life leads us."
Oh really?

Contrary to your musings, women are not after pretty men like the guys are. That's just biology, there is ample proof to that in the real world.

So there is no need to downgrade a guy becoz he does not look handsome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships