Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 08:26 AM

89 posts, read 94,052 times

Advertisements

Interesting how I was never taught gender dynamics growing up but I have to say this is true from reading stuff on the internet and my personal experiences.

I've heard the attraction difference between men and women summed up as "women and men have similar arousal levels but women need more of a connection to find a woman aroused. Very few women unlike men get can off by just looking at an attractive man compared to men getting off from an attractive women".

In my group of male friends, I've heard them talk about wanting to have sex with lots of hot girls in the class but the reverse hasn't happened. My female friends appreciate a good looking man but wouldn't have a ONS with them until getting to know them first.

Has this been your experience as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 08:27 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Are women as visually stimulated as men?

No.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:45 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Yes

Old 05-30-2020, 10:51 AM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
I think it is a generational thing. I am a senior & when I was younger, I needed to like the personality of people, we never even heard of abs, let alone a 6 pack. So visuals did not do anything for me. But listening to the females who are quite a bit younger, things have changed.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:07 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Women aren't as exclusively visually stimulated as men are, no.

In other words, most women consider the whole package, so to speak, not just looks. It seems that many/most men, on the other hand, would love to have sex with any woman, as long as she looks good.

Though looks have always been important to me, I would never be attracted to a guy who isn't intelligent and articulate, no matter how good he looked. He could have the face and body of a Greek god, but if he doesn't have the brain to match, I'll pass. I probably wouldn't even be interested in having sex with him (under normal circumstances, anyway ).

Unfortunately, some men make the mistake of believing that because women generally aren't turned on exclusively by a man's looks, they don't appreciate a good-looking, well-built guy, or that looks don't play a role in a woman's sexual interest or responsiveness. Men who fall into this trap do themselves no favors.

Just as many women won't be attracted to a great looking guy who can't hold an intelligent conversation, they also won't be attracted to men who might be intellectual geniuses (and, perhaps very successful), but possess few to no standard hallmarks of male physical attractiveness.

It's about balance.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:17 AM

32,654 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Just speaking for myself, when I see a really nice male body, I think "ooh, nice!" I have never ever thought "OMG, I've got to get the use of that penis for myself".

Old 05-30-2020, 11:32 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Just speaking for myself, when I see a really nice male body, I think "ooh, nice!" I have never ever thought "OMG, I've got to get the use of that penis for myself".
Me, too. I can admire a nice-looking guy with the best of them, but just seeing a hot man doesn't turn my crank enough that I need to do something about it.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:37 AM

1,417 posts, read 734,899 times
For the vast majority the answer is no. How do I know this? I started out in martial arts at a very young age, and was a professional fighter for a brief time. In essence I had the body of a greek god for many, many years but I wanted to be known for something else. So I dressed in a way that that hid my physique and would give subtle clues to my personality(since the mind tends to be highly prejudiced in its assessment and fill in the blanks for you based on prior experience, and environment acts as a trigger it was fairly easy to carry off).

As a result the most common thing I witnessed from women when I disrobed for the first time was some stunned expression on their face and then words to the effect that they had no idea what was under my clothes; in essence they were shocked. So clearly they were not drawn to me by my looks or physique and were weighing the total man, which of course was my objective. I will say they tended to enjoy what was then revealed but by their reaction they generally had no idea so they clearly made the decision to share their bed with me on other qualitative factors. Sort of a total package assessment approach.

In like fashion, in another environment I was in that did not afford me the opportunity to draw attention away from my physique the woman were indeed drawn to my looks, but almost always to the woman, they made it very clear their interest was transitory, i.e. a brief boy-toy type interaction.

My point is, if a woman is interested in a relationship she is likely weight out a number of factor in her mind when she considers a man's appeal. For a pure rutting session in and of itself she likely will weigh looks more heavily.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:35 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
For the vast majority the answer is no. How do I know this? I started out in martial arts at a very young age, and was a professional fighter for a brief time. In essence I had the body of a greek god for many, many years but I wanted to be known for something else. So I dressed in a way that that hid my physique and would give subtle clues to my personality(since the mind tends to be highly prejudiced in its assessment and fill in the blanks for you based on prior experience, and environment acts as a trigger it was fairly easy to carry off).

As a result the most common thing I witnessed from women when I disrobed for the first time was some stunned expression on their face and then words to the effect that they had no idea what was under my clothes; in essence they were shocked. So clearly they were not drawn to me by my looks or physique and were weighing the total man, which of course was my objective. I will say they tended to enjoy what was then revealed but by their reaction they generally had no idea so they clearly made the decision to share their bed with me on other qualitative factors. Sort of a total package assessment approach.

In like fashion, in another environment I was in that did not afford me the opportunity to draw attention away from my physique the woman were indeed drawn to my looks, but almost always to the woman, they made it very clear their interest was transitory, i.e. a brief boy-toy type interaction.

My point is, if a woman is interested in a relationship she is likely weight out a number of factor in her mind when she considers a man's appeal. For a pure rutting session in and of itself she likely will weigh looks more heavily.
Good post.

Old 05-30-2020, 03:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
IN GENERAL, men just need a woman to be hot in order to get off. He'll worry about the rest no less than 2-6 months into them having sex. Sometimes he never worries about anything else. Once a man gets into his mid-30's and on, he starts worrying about other things in a woman, but he'll still sleep with the hot woman, even though she's a dimwit or incompatible.

IN GENERAL, some women do care about a man's looks (read: they want a hot guy) and they may sleep with him simply because he's hot, but they will start worrying about other things immediately and she could stop sleeping with him once he starts acting like a jerk. Other women want a hot guy but they also want him to be a nice person or rich from day one, and they won't sleep with him until he has "the package deal". Still, other women will sleep with men they don't find physically attractive at all, because he has a great personality or wealth or whatever other thing she has decided is valuable in him. Depending on how skilled he is in bed, she may or may not enjoy this sex with him but she will have it nevertheless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships