Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 01:29 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,809,401 times

Advertisements

I know this has been mentioned before, but all I keep hearing about is couples breaking up amid this pandemic. Most of the couples I've heard about were together under a year (myself included) and living together and not quarantining together. I know this pandemic is bringing to light cracks in relationships, but I also think no relationship is perfect. To me it sounds more like due to this pandemic and the economic fall out people just don't want to put the effort into a relationship right now because there are other, more pressing things on their mind.

My theory is couples who are together under a year probably don't have as strong a relationship as a couple that's been together 2-3 years (or more obviously).

So was just wondering how many of you out there broke up amidst this pandemic, what was the reasoning and how long were you together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 03:06 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,280,122 times
My sister just split up with the father of her children, who she has been with about 10 or 11 years.

I havent spoken to her, got the news from our mom, so I am not sure if the pandemic played a part. They have been through a lot of difficult stuff recently. They live in Hawaii and very nearly lost everything during the volcano eruptions last year.

I think stressful situations can bring a couple closer, or the stress can drive a wedge between them.

Depends a lot on how compatible they truly are as a couple I think. Its easy to get along when things are good in life and your surroundings. But not always so easy when everything seems to be going wrong.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:15 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Jay Cutler and his bride are done due to it.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:56 PM

54 posts, read 46,257 times
With maintaining an healthy relationship with the most important person's in your life means distancing yourself from distractions regarding business and all in today's world. My priority is for my loved ones and others are kept on hold/distance for the near future. My advice is for all to work on their positive mental attitude with all available peer/religion/professional persons available. Complaining regarding your situation is a self inflected wound moving forward.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Not a chance she has discovered just how good I am at scrubbing floors

Old 05-03-2020, 04:26 PM

6,558 posts, read 8,389,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I know this has been mentioned before, but all I keep hearing about is couples breaking up amid this pandemic. Most of the couples I've heard about were together under a year (myself included) and living together and not quarantining together. I know this pandemic is bringing to light cracks in relationships, but I also think no relationship is perfect. To me it sounds more like due to this pandemic and the economic fall out people just don't want to put the effort into a relationship right now because there are other, more pressing things on their mind.

My theory is couples who are together under a year probably don't have as strong a relationship as a couple that's been together 2-3 years (or more obviously).

So was just wondering how many of you out there broke up amidst this pandemic, what was the reasoning and how long were you together?
I don't mean to derail the thread but I've been thinking about you and your situation. Did he ever communicate with you? Or just leave you hanging?

Old 05-03-2020, 04:28 PM

971 posts, read 688,754 times
As an old guy, I would think it would bring you closer. However, I guess if you are one of those couples who has a rocky relationship where you cant stand each other, it could cause a split.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:40 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,941,858 times
Couples probably spend way more time together and realize their differences.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
I don't mean to derail the thread but I've been thinking about you and your situation. Did he ever communicate with you? Or just leave you hanging?
Nope, never heard from him. Thanks for asking

Old 05-03-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Not a chance she has discovered just how good I am at scrubbing floors
Funny, my best friend who been married for almost 16 years and has ups and downs with her husband, seems to be getting along really well with him. However he’s still working, and has been actually working late hours...but I think it’s making her appreciate him more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships