Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 04:29 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,855,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sex: What Women Want Is THIS
When it comes to sex, women want one thing more than anything else and that is to be wanted. "Being desired is the real orgasm," insists sex therapist Dr. Marta Meana.

A professor of psychology at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, Meana has been studying women and sexual desire for 20 years. She told Oprah Winfrey on a recent "Oprah" show that while moments of pleasure are great, it's the anticipation and buildup to those moments that really excite women. "I'm not knocking orgasms," she says. "But being desired is extremely arousing for women. The reason for that is that being desired means that a man doesn't just want to have sex. He wants to have sex with you."

And that is every woman's goal. When she seeks out a man, that is her aim: to be desired. "If you look at how women behave and what we spend our time and energy and lots of money on, it's on desire-creating behaviors rather than on trying to get sex," Meana told Oprah.
Well this is true of me--what about other women? Do you feel the same? Is your man more likely to get lucky if he's licking his chops at the sight of you?

I know that the man I ever wanted the most was always looking at me with "that" look in his eyes and it made me want to be him that much more and maybe the reason that many men are unsuccessful with women is because they're afraid to look at women in a way that communicates their desire--but players aren't afraid to look that way--at many women. Of course this can be difficult b/c a man doesn't want to come across as creepy, but then the man I wanted the most did get labeled by me as a creeper at first. Once I realized that he and I had a lot in common, I changed my mind quick enough.

OTOH, my ex never could manage to look at me with desire and I never did want him that much--he never complimented and he never gave me the look. I'm glad he's my ex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 04:35 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,804,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Well this is true of me--what about other women? Do you feel the same?
Yes, definitely.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,318,566 times
Quote:
OTOH, my ex never could manage to look at me with desire
The guy likes dudes! What do you expect?!

Old 07-13-2011, 04:37 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,687,610 times
Agree.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Agree.
Is there any woman who disagrees...?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
The guy likes dudes! What do you expect?!
Right, but I didn't know that till the bitter end. When it was over I said no wonder our love life was so unexciting--you're a yin and I'm a yin--I think I'll go find me a yang.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:46 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,687,610 times
You poor thing! I'm glad that's in your past.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
You poor thing! I'm glad that's in your past.
It's okay hun, I'm at the point where I'm looking forward to the future.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Right, but I didn't know that till the bitter end. When it was over I said no wonder our love life was so unexciting--you're a yin and I'm a yin--I think I'll go find me a yang.
Go get that yang, tiger!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:18 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,660,639 times
Quote:
I know that the man I ever wanted the most was always looking at me with "that" look in his eyes and it made me want to be him that much more and maybe the reason that many men are unsuccessful with women is because they're afraid to look at women in a way that communicates their desire--but players aren't afraid to look that way--at many women. Of course this can be difficult b/c a man doesn't want to come across as creepy, but then the man I wanted the most did get labeled by me as a creeper at first. Once I realized that he and I had a lot in common, I changed my mind quick enough. ...
Maybe this is why that "look" is so rare these days - because when men try to use it they're labeled as creeps or perverts or players.

Sure, a player has the "look" down pat - and what does he do with it? He wastes it on a one-night stand! The creep uses the "look" to lure you into exposing more skin for him. The pervert uses the "look" to get you into that special pit in his basement.

And you wonder why the "look" is endangered? I give it to you, you call me a creep, I slither away leaving a slime trail behind me ... and then you CHANGE YOUR MIND and start batting your eyes at me!

I actually don't think the "look" is extinct - it just morphs into that stunned-cow "look" that men get when they've experienced too many femme fatal flip-flops like this.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships