Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 12:35 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,666,077 times

Advertisements

No, relationships are not easier for extremely beautiful women.

The day to day life of existing with someone else in a monogamous setting, the pull and tug of give and take, the bartering and the exasperating habits of someone else that you never quite became accustomed to... No. All those things that make relationships work are not easier for anyone, except people with extremely beautiful personalities.

Or people who are extremely giving and healing. Other than that, that's it.

It's easier for us to meet others, not so easy to keep relationships going It's as hard for the attractive as the unattractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 01:07 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I just wanted to add that beautiful women are also forgiven their sins more often from what I've seen. They're forgiven for cheating...........

Everyone says she must have had a break down. Society seems to think that being pretty/beautiful = being good. If I did what she did, I'd be an alcoholic **** while she's a pretty girl who had a break down and deserves our sympathy.

The rules are different if you're beautiful.
This applies to employment too. In the 90s, I worked at a place where a manager arrived and started hiring the type of women he liked. We hired them right out of college and every one he hired was pretty, blond and busty. He gave them preferential treatment and even when I caught them cheating on the work they were supposed to do, nothing was done. The older staff, more representitive of the average were treated very shabbily by him and the other manager.

Finally, the economy improved and when he posted a competition, none of his "type" applied. From what I hear, he wanted to re-advertise but was forced to choose by senior management. A rather dowdy and plump woman was hired. She had been there two weeks when she was assigned to my team. I was informed that she wasn't working out too well and didn't understand how to do the job. This was ridiculous given the short time and the complexity of our work.

I actually found that she was a good worker, better than most I had trained and I was wondering whether I could do anything about this obvious attempt to get rid of her, when she said that another employer had contacted her with a job offer. She noted that she felt that she was at the wrong place and what would I recommend. I told her what I knew and she took the job.

In my current position, I get into a lot of large corporations. The very profitable ones do mostly this type of hiring. The file room and the mail room are reserved for those who are older or don't pass the looks test.

At marginal companies, its generally acres of buldging spandex with the few good positions held by the blond, busty types reserved for those working directly for senior management.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:06 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,653,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
true, but do you know, that if your a beautiful women, the really nice guys are afraid, really afraid to ask you out, or even talk to you. Most of them will not even attempt to approach you. They don't believe you'll go out with them.
True-true. . . it's called the "lonely cheerleader syndrome."

Old 01-14-2009, 03:11 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,791,657 times
I think it's true as a generality. Looks and Money, or curb appeal if you will, are the stock and trade of attraction, right?

However, what attracts, and what "keeps" can be two different things.

But, having thought about this issue with respect to "what would I tell a daughter about men" (if I had a daughter) I've hit the thought that if my hypothetical daughter were plain, she'd have one set of problems, if she were highly attractive quite another.

I guess you could say attractive people and rich people never really know who their friends are... until the looks and the money are gone.

In any event, despite it seeming to be awful, it does strike me as an outgrowth of natural selection. Attraction is well, attraction... physically based and it's implications in natural selection are self evident. The money thing takes a little extra thought.

a bazillion years ago, the ideal male might have been a strong one. One that could fell trees, build a cabin, fight off the bad guys... provide for the babies the gal was going to have. As life become moneterized this allowed other forms of alpha male to arise. So a gal that like politics might like a Bill Clinton, a gal that likes music... David Lee Roth... and so forth. I.e. moneterization allowed a diversification of males that had a high providership quotient, because survival became moneterized.

However, since we've only been in that mode for a relatively short time in human history, the animal attraction aspect hasn't been watered out yet (women looking at men)... and well with men looking at women, it might never be, because well... guys are socialized to believe they are going to be the providers.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:13 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
I guess you could say attractive people and rich people never really know who their friends are... until the looks and the money are gone.
Very true.

If I had Bill Gates money it would be rough to trust people. You never really know.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:02 PM

355 posts, read 814,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Beautiful woman are not blessed...they are targets for everything and anything...people lie to them, simply to get close...and beautiful women are just as vulverable to picking someone who isn't right for them....so, while, yes, they can have their pick, they are targets and not to mention, other women don't like them as much b/c they are beautiful...and they might not be invited to as many parties, b/c other women are intimidated by their beauty.

I don't know, just my views...now, some beautiful women can be just as calculating and manipulative as anyone else...so they might not always be the prize...not to mention...certainly, it would be easy for them to build up resentment b/c they've been lied to so much. I believe beauty is only skin deep, and no matter how YOU may think you look, if your beautiful on the inside, you'll shine on the outside which will make you very attractive....sometimes more so then the beautiful women...does that make sense? I guess not when it comes to men...cuz a lot of them, only see with their eyes and not their hearts??????

I dunno, just my thoughts, lets see what others have to say about this...
Men are idiots when it comes to beauty. It is a very powerful stimulant and many men will do anything to score with a pretty woman.

It's up to the woman to learn how to keep those men at bay without being a total douche (although there are some men that refuse to take "no" for an answer).

Yes, we are lied to, abused, taken advantage of if we're nice, and pre-judged. Men automatically assume pretty women have slept with a bazillion men because they think we have more choices. Let me tell you something: initially, we have lots of choices. But if I had a dollar for every weekend I went without a date because QUALITY men were too chicken sh*t to come up to me and ask me out because they thought I was "out of their league", I'd never have to work again.

Not all pretty women are flakey, stupid, or rely solely on their looks to get what they want. Although I will say most do and are spoiled rotten until they turn 35. That's when they start seeing a plastic surgeon because they realize they have nothing else going for them other than what's on the outside.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:54 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
This applies to employment too. In the 90s, I worked at a place where a manager arrived and started hiring the type of women he liked. We hired them right out of college and every one he hired was pretty, blond and busty. He gave them preferential treatment and even when I caught them cheating on the work they were supposed to do, nothing was done. The older staff, more representitive of the average were treated very shabbily by him and the other manager.

Finally, the economy improved and when he posted a competition, none of his "type" applied. From what I hear, he wanted to re-advertise but was forced to choose by senior management. A rather dowdy and plump woman was hired. She had been there two weeks when she was assigned to my team. I was informed that she wasn't working out too well and didn't understand how to do the job. This was ridiculous given the short time and the complexity of our work.

I actually found that she was a good worker, better than most I had trained and I was wondering whether I could do anything about this obvious attempt to get rid of her, when she said that another employer had contacted her with a job offer. She noted that she felt that she was at the wrong place and what would I recommend. I told her what I knew and she took the job.

In my current position, I get into a lot of large corporations. The very profitable ones do mostly this type of hiring. The file room and the mail room are reserved for those who are older or don't pass the looks test.

At marginal companies, its generally acres of buldging spandex with the few good positions held by the blond, busty types reserved for those working directly for senior management.
I forgot that one. Beautiful women are excused for being lousy workers too.

I used to work at a restaurant and we had this pretty blond bimbo who couldn't do her job. We'd have to cover for her, taking out her orders, refreshing drinks for her customers and such yet she made three times as much as the rest of us in tips and the manager loved her. She got the best shifts and the best sections. Me, I'd get assigned to the back so I had to walk past her customers to get to my own. That was the only way hers got taken care of but she was pretty and she flirted so she made great money.

I about strangled my husband one night when we went out. The waitress pretty much ignored me. Forgot my drinks, got my order wrong, but flirted with him. He started to give her a 20% tip and I just about kicked him where it counts. I had to point out that I'd gotten lousy service. He didn't even notice because she was pretty and flirted with him.

Yup, pretty women have it easier at work too.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:00 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
True-true. . . it's called the "lonely cheerleader syndrome."
Let me get my violin out so I can play them a sad tune.

I've never known a pretty girl to go dateless on prom night. Or a cheerleader as a matter of fact.

I'd rather have average guys afraid to ask me out than no one asking me out. I've never been pretty and sat home many a friday night. Yeah, pretty women have it rough . Give me a break.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:01 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
Men are idiots when it comes to beauty. It is a very powerful stimulant and many men will do anything to score with a pretty woman.

It's up to the woman to learn how to keep those men at bay without being a total douche (although there are some men that refuse to take "no" for an answer).

Yes, we are lied to, abused, taken advantage of if we're nice, and pre-judged. Men automatically assume pretty women have slept with a bazillion men because they think we have more choices. Let me tell you something: initially, we have lots of choices. But if I had a dollar for every weekend I went without a date because QUALITY men were too chicken sh*t to come up to me and ask me out because they thought I was "out of their league", I'd never have to work again.

Not all pretty women are flakey, stupid, or rely solely on their looks to get what they want. Although I will say most do and are spoiled rotten until they turn 35. That's when they start seeing a plastic surgeon because they realize they have nothing else going for them other than what's on the outside.
Okay, goregous. Put up! (A pic in your profile, that is) Before I was married, women only wanted to date me because of my man sized manicotti

Old 01-14-2009, 07:11 PM

434 posts, read 934,007 times
Great posts from everybody!

It seems like the best deal is to be extremely beautiful

The worst deal is not to be ugly.

The worst is this;

to be pretty enough to make other women jealous, not pretty enough to make men do a thing for them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships