Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 05:26 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,392 times

Advertisements

This is just a thread talking about things going on with you. The topic can be about anything, good and/or bad. You know, a road trip coming up, a birth or engagement announcement, death of a closed one, house work etc. The Relationships section seemed like the most appropriate place to put this thread.

I'll start with me. I apologized to an old friend of mine today. We had a conflict three years ago and were enemies since then, we kind of hated each other. But in the past year, I've gotten to forgive him and today, I finally wrote him a long apology over Facebook. At first, I was nervous about clicking the "send" button, but I made myself do it and he replied back saying "it's cool, we made a lot of stupid mistakes." So, we're friends again.

I'm heading for a 3 week trip to Tampa on probably Monday or so. Can't wait!

What about you?

Old 07-22-2011, 05:31 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,336 times
Today is my younger brother's 16th B-day! My mom just baked a cake.

Oh and my friend is helping me with my eating habits. Now, I know most people would probably think "an over eater." well not in my case. I'm an under eater. I have a nasty habit of skipping breakfast and only drinking 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning. I've actually started to see the effects of my doing this. It shrinks my stomach and I'm already underweight now. Not to the point of anorexia, but I can't drop anymore weight.

But on the brighter side, as you can see in my status, I'm taking two trips next month before school starts. I'm going to Vegas first and then Hawaii!

Last edited by CancerianMoonPrincess; 07-22-2011 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: Add

Old 07-22-2011, 05:41 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,852 times
I just had my 21st birthday the other day, and that was.. interesting. I didn't touch any alcohol on that day, but I did get two sixers of good beer and a bottle of liquor to be enjoyed over the next week or so (I'll be home alone.)

I take my "EMS 101" final tomorrow, and I'm excited for that. I've shown up to every class, written ~50-60 pages of notes by hand over 6 weekends of class, and asked all my questions. I'm ready for it.

I take a road trip to California the week after next (to visit my mom), and come back in time for my single fall class. I take EMS-Basic class starting August 29th, and it should keep me busy and interested.

I still have no social life though, but I am not sure if I'd even be able to dedicate the time to hanging out with friends/finding myself a nice lady friend come fall.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:49 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
I'm in the middle of a huge software upgrade at work. And my son is starting college in a month!

Old 07-22-2011, 05:56 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,403,676 times
Just got word this very minute that my father-in-law's Cat Scan came back clean. They'd found a spot on his lung that looked suspicious and we've been very worried.. not long ago my mother died of lung cancer and this had me on a bad trip.. so glad he's ok, a real loving, lovable guy. Looks like we'll be celebrating tonight!

Old 07-22-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Today is my younger brother's 16th B-day! My mom just baked a cake.

Oh and my friend is helping me with my eating habits. Now, I know most people would probably think "an over eater." well not in my case. I'm an under eater. I have a nasty habit of skipping breakfast and only drinking 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning. I've actually started to see the effects of my doing this. It shrinks my stomach and I'm already underweight now. Not to the point of anorexia, but I can't drop anymore weight.

But on the brighter side, as you can see in my status, I'm taking two trips next month before school starts. I'm going to Vegas first and then Hawaii!
Oh cool, happy birthday to your brother! I remember turning 16, it'll have been 3 years this December. Seems like it was just yesterday though. Where does the time go to?

I used to be in the same position as you about my weight. I was extremely thin when I was 14-16. I had a hard time eating and a lot of times when I ate, I felt like I had to throw up. But before I turned 17, my appetite suddenly started increasing and I was eating more, I also began to notice my arms and body was getting thicker. Just take in more food steadily to allow your stomach to gradually adapt to more food.

And congratulations on your trips! Have fun!

Old 07-22-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'm in the middle of a huge software upgrade at work. And my son is starting college in a month!
I'll be starting college, community college next month as well. I'm both excited and not looking forward to it.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:56 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
I'm sorry, but we already have a chat thread. There's also the "What did you do today that made you happy?" thread, which is pretty chatty, and a whole lotta chat threads in the Other Topics forum.

Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships