Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 06:05 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,060,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Real men don't have feelings, women do.
Bull. Everyone has feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 07:06 PM

591 posts, read 867,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
I try not to ask him or any other guy too many questions.
Unless I've known her more than a month before dating, and can size her up from an emotional standpoint, I don't reveal my emotions.

Women tend to use men's emotional revelations against men, the more sincere you are, the more venom they spew and hurt they inflict. It is not wise to show your cards when your opponent doesn't have your best interest in mind, and make no mistake, in the early stages of dating women make themselves opponents to men, just to be safe and cautious; you part your hair wrong or the wind blows it ever so slightly weird on the first date, you're toast.

Last edited by Doctor Blues; 07-24-2011 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 07-24-2011, 07:14 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,653,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Men show their feelings over time when they start to trust you or they see you as a close friend.
Yes this is something I've observed. This is how one of my guy friends is with me.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:16 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,210,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Not true...I rarely ever get angry...I have no problem at all about showing kindness and friendlines, and to all ppl, not just gals that I am romantically interested in
Kindness and friendliness are personality traits rather than emotion.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:48 PM

530 posts, read 781,633 times
Ok, given the choice between a sensitive caring man who often shares his emotions and how he's feeling and a man who keeps it to himself and only supports you and YOUR emotions....we know how many women will respond. You want your men to be men, and not women.

We just need to SUCK IT UP AND BE A MAN!
Attached Images

Last edited by JustJulia; 07-25-2011 at 05:36 AM.. Reason: Removed reference to deleted comment.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:56 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,840,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
If some women think that a guy being (genuinely, not fake) nice, compassionate, and caring is a weakness or "wussiness", then these are not exactly women that I care to be around, either

Give me a nice / sweet / affectionate gal, who likes receiving all of the above too, and that will always make my day a perfect one!
Right. Its ok to show those feelings a little into the relationship but not before or starting stages.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:01 PM

977 posts, read 1,817,460 times
When I can consider her like a best friend. It's got nothing to do with "women don't like sensitive men". For me, it's that I'm an introvert and don't like to burden people with my deep thoughts and feelings unless they are very close to me. Plus only a select few deserve to really know me.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:54 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,685,525 times
I always take a man's lead. When he begins to open up and share his feelings with me, I'll reciprocate in kind (if I trust him).

The man should always be the one to move the relationship forward, IMO. A gentleman doesn't expect a woman to take a risk that he isn't willing to take first. He needs to pave the way.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:11 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,130,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
Unless I've known her more than a month before dating, and can size her up from an emotional standpoint, I don't reveal my emotions.

Women tend to use men's emotional revelations against men, the more sincere you are, the more venom they spew and hurt they inflict. It is not wise to show your cards when your opponent doesn't have your best interest in mind, and make no mistake, in the early stages of dating women make themselves opponents to men, just to be safe and cautious; you part your hair wrong or the wind blows it ever so slightly weird on the first date, you're toast.
That's the truth. It's important to never show weakness around your opponent; in this case the woman. Even if she does have your best interest at hart, one should still be cautious about how much of themselves they reveal because one wrong move and she can/will use that against you.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:52 AM

977 posts, read 1,817,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
That's the truth. It's important to never show weakness around your opponent;
No wonder dating is so f'ed up. You have people considering the other gender as their opponent. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships