Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:57 AM

19,794 posts, read 20,385,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
What about the friendship makes it harder to recover from? I'm trying really hard to understand all of this.

I guess the way I see things, nothing is forever ruined if both parties are willing to really work at it. That doesn't mean feelings don't get hurt or that things aren't awkward or painful. Of course and unfortunately, experiencing those emotions is part of the healing process. But it doesn't mean that a friendship or relationship is over forever just because a betrayal happens. I could see a relationship ending over many betrayals, but not just one. But that's just me.
This is a very tricky situation here...

You are playing with fire, and you will all get burned to some degree.
So the real question is, is it all really worth it??

Without going into too much detail, I will say I was in a similar situation w/ a friend of mine many years ago, and it totally ruined our friendship for a long time, and we lost alot of years...Had we really tried to remain cool with eachother, it's possible things could have (maybe?) been different, but in the heat of the moment, you are dealing with your very real and raw emotions, and as they say:

"Hindsight is always 20/20..."

Old 08-10-2011, 09:57 AM

3,882 posts, read 4,475,497 times
I feel sorry for the bf...his girl sleeps with his best friend ...his so called best friend bangs his girl then comes over to play xbox??? wow...if I were the bf, I would really have to sit down and re evaluate the people I have in my life.

Last edited by JustJulia; 08-10-2011 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: No need for the personal attack.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:02 AM

160 posts, read 295,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
He thought about you nonstop because he couldn't have you. He got you. Now the reality sank in that he screwed his best friend and you weren't all he hyped up to be.
The thing is, I told him that was going to happen. I tried to warn him, I tried to break it off with him partially because of that. I know the mystique of the forbidden def plays a role in these things.

He said he had "hardcore" feelings for me. My response: Are you sure it's not just lust?

Old 08-10-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I would really have to sit down and re evaluate the people I have in my life.

People should always do this.

Unfortunately, it is often through these types of experiences that one learns to value and respect friendships.

Everyone has their own lessons to live...

Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,656,423 times
I've got one question? Why didn't you break up with your bf before doing the deed with his best friend?

Old 08-10-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I've got one question? Why didn't you break up with your bf before doing the deed with his best friend?

check pages 1-11, lol

Old 08-10-2011, 10:12 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,297,487 times
Quote:
After knowing my boyfriend's best friend for 5 years, we began having feelings for one another. Last weekend, we finally hooked up. His friend he has been telling me he has "hardcore" feelings for me for a while.
Quote:
The best friend thing spontaneously happened once (light hooking up) and ever since then, it has kept happening, even though the best friend and I have been trying to not hook up. I know that sounds really lame, but we have a group of friends that we all hang out with and we've tried (and been successful) at not hooking up but it's been difficult because we both have strong feelings.
Which is it? You "finally" hooked up or you've been "light hooking up" for a while?

How about you be honest with yourself, first?

Stop thinking with your vagina, finalize the break-up with your boyfriend, keep your legs closed for a few months, and contact neither man until you get your head on straight.

Quote:
Also, I'm pretty much going to ignore the venting/angry posts in this thread from here on out.
With this crowd, you're lucky none of us have made any "hooking" jokes so far.

Own your actions. You made a choice to sleep with your boyfriend's best friend. You created this drama--which frankly is too much like a current plotline on True Blood for me to entirely trust the sincerity of this whole thread.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:13 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,330,802 times
I'm sorry. But you and your boyfriends bestfriend are both idioits.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:17 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,363,796 times
Quote:
The thing is, I told him that was going to happen. I tried to warn him, I tried to break it off with him partially because of that. I know the mystique of the forbidden def plays a role in these things.

He said he had "hardcore" feelings for me. My response: Are you sure it's not just lust?
Listen carefully...

This guy just considered you a challenge and forbidden fruit.
It probably was and is just lust.
He may have even bragged about it to your bf who probably placed a bet that you would or wouldn't do exactly what you did.
This is NOT an uncommon game or happening (unfortunately) in the world in which we live.

P.S. If it is the above, sleeping with you cured his "hardcore" AKA: lust/desire and he is finished.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:18 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,229,843 times
Seriously though..... Who was better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships