Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:09 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yep, there are paranoid people out there...I'm very very blessed not to really have known many in my lifetime...but they are for sure out there. At least if the internet is any indication!
I just see people who just don't want to get hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 08:19 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
My take: if she's on the fence, this means I am not all that and can never satisfy her. Move on. Someone's going to like me more.
this.

you have to realize that with everything you do in life, there's an opportunity cost to be paid. if i choose to work for company A, by definition i've chosen not to work for any number of other companies.

the same goes for dating - if you choose to spend your time pursuing one chic, that time is obviously not being spent pursuing other women, who might well give you what it is you seek. i realize you can't always tell right away but your goal should be to as quickly as possible get to a point where you can ascertain this for yourself. time is of the essence

it took me a while to figure this out for myself but now i'm much more focused and to-the-point with things and i think it's an improvement.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:42 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnny View Post
I just watched another 'estrogen' movie where the man perseveres despite all obstacles to get the woman he feels is 'the one.' I wonder.....is this Hollywood or would real men really persevere?
There is no such thing as the 1.

There are 65.billion people on the planet, you can haves hundreds or even thousands of the "1's"

To answer your question, no I would not persevere and yes, it's Hollywood.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:30 AM

591 posts, read 866,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If people are interchangeable to you, you certainly have a point.

At first, when you know nothing about them at all, they most certainly are all interchangeable. It's only later after you dig deeper that they cease being interchangeable.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:21 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
There is no such thing as the 1.

There are 6.5billion people on the planet, you can haves hundreds or even thousands of the "1's"

To answer your question, no I would not persevere and yes, it's Hollywood.
oops, that should be 6.5 not 65.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:48 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
oops, that should be 6.5 not 65.
LOL, yeah, I read that and wondered if the Chinese lifted their one child law.....

Old 08-28-2011, 12:01 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Not at all reality.
So true about these chick flicks. The azz kissing guy in these movies (I resist calling them films) is always a member of the lucky sperm club. He could likely bed another woman by sundown if he wanted - YET, he will spend weeks grovelling and being insulted! Spare me this nonsense.

The real harm that these movies do, is to the 80% of men who women have little or no interest in. Until they get some real world experience, these guys take this stupidity to heart, long after they've been friend zoned or the police have been called.

Among guys, a little razzing or insults is only part of the culture and not to be taken seriously.

In contrast, for women, finding Mr. Right is a serious endeavor and men should understand that they will get nasty very quickly, if you are obstructing their view, even in the slightest. This is not a come on!

Old 08-28-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Was this on TV today, or at the movies? If it was on TV, was it some movie where at the end he goes to this woman's house and claims she put a spell on him when she was 10, and she needs to undo it? LOL I just saw the ending, but it was clearly one of those movies where he chased all over after this girl. Even paid a huge amount for a plane ticket at the end to get on the plane to look for her. And of course, he won her.
What would be fun is to go back in 5 years and see whether he thought that he'd won.

Of course, that would be fantasy.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by sierraAZ
If people are interchangeable to you, you certainly have a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
So if I meet a girl and she's on the fence, why should I waste my time? There are girls out there that will show immediate interest. If she's like that right off the bat, why would I expect that to change in a relationship?
I assume that people are honest and forthright, not interchangeable.

However, Sierra may be right occasionally. The "only" problem for men is that a lot of bad things can happen to an average guy in the 24 times that this isn't the case for the one time that it is.

Also, in that 25th case, men should realize that this could just be the start of your problems. Some women love having a man around to manipulate and he's just passed the initiation!

Old 08-28-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I have a lot of friends who "want a guy to fight for them". Then I wonder...fight what? What insurmountable obstacles are in your life that are keeping you from dating someone? Stick up for them?
A lot of high schools are like that. I went to one. Never went back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships