Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 06:07 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sKid View Post
Yep! I'm a black male and I think most black women have horrible attitudes. But based on my experience, this is pretty accurate.

OMG this is why I freaking HATE black men sometimes. Sad, because I am black. But, where in the world does ANY..ANY..black man get off by having the audacity to bring up how a black WOMAN sounds or acts??

I can go to any street corner, liquor store, basketball court, bus stop, unemployement line, police station jail cell, family court, domestic violence hearing, NYC subway, tire and rim store, Jamal's couch, and last but not least, listen to any rap song and find black men that sound and act twice as bad, you feel me dawg?? Horrible attitudes? HAh. And black men dont? You are the reason people cross to the other side of the street.

I mean, are you kidding me? Tons of black men sound and act like they came from a 3rd world country with a 3rd grade education. You know what im saying, mah n-----a?

Tell you what 80s kid. Climb down off that high horse, bring it back (along with the car rims) to the white folks you "secretly borrowed" it from, pull your saggy pants back up, and sit back on that there stoop and let shaquanda braid your hair.

Sorry for the rant, but not ALL black women sound or act that way. I dont. Perhaps you should find other places to frequent if that type is all you are running into. I expect OTHER races to talk crap, but 'keep it real' 80skid. As a black male, you are the LAST one that should be pointing fingers, at ANYONE. You should know better, but most of you guys dont.

Check yourself with the stereotypes, because we can all "go there" cant we? I just did. Or do i need to translate what "going there" means?

Tsk tsk..look at me. There goes my bad 'attitude'.

Last edited by SummerFall; 08-25-2011 at 07:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 06:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
"Im fenda go" - translation = "I am preparing to leave" OR "I must hastily prepare for my departure".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Translation: I'm fitting to go; meaning I'm about to do something.
Oh, so it's like the Texan "I'm fixin'" to do something.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:49 PM

12 posts, read 11,656 times
Not really.

Letting stereotypes affect getting to know someone on a personal level is silly. It's the ultimate "judging the book by its cover", which is something we shouldn't do as mature adults. Are we back in high school again? I understand doing that as a teenager, but refusing to date a black girl because there's a negative stereotype of "them" being brash, that's beyond immature to me even as a 26 year old man.

I'm from WAY south Mississippi (not too far from the LA border) and I am nothing like the stereotype that is thrown out there. I don't care for country music, I'm a British humor nut, I love "football" (soccer) and don't care for American sports, I am a liberal, I am for animal rights, I have all my teeth, I have a college degree, I'm not racist (about half of my relationships have been interracial), etc, etc. I know that the Southern (and MS) stereotype likes to refute all of the above, but oh well. If someone isn't open minded enough to find out about you without resorting to generalizations first, that's their personal problem. I've dated girls from New Jersey, California, Nebraska and Kansas that were well aware of the stereotypes but didn't let it stop them from getting to know me. Granted their patience was not rewarded very well, haha, but I tried.

In other words, if you judge someone based purely on stereotype, that's your perogative. But it's never that good of an idea when it's being done to you. Suddenly, that's when those same people who judged become offended themselves.

*cue "The More You Know" NBC graphic and theme*

Old 08-25-2011, 07:01 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevils710 View Post

*cue "The More You Know" NBC graphic and theme*

Hahahahahahaha. Ok..that was cute.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:53 PM

550 posts, read 604,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
OMG this is why I freaking HATE black men sometimes. Sad, because I am black. But, where in the world does ANY..ANY..black man get off by having the audacity to bring up how a black WOMAN sounds or acts??

I can go to any street corner, liquor store, basketball court, bus stop, unemployement line, police station jail cell, family court, domestic violence hearing, NYC subway, tire and rim store, Jamal's couch, and last but not least, listen to any rap song and find black men that sound and act twice as bad, you feel me dawg?? Horrible attitudes? HAh. And black men dont? You are the reason people cross to the other side of the street.

I mean, are you kidding me? Tons of black men sound and act like they came from a 3rd world country with a 3rd grade education. You know what im saying, mah n-----a?

Tell you what 80s kid. Climb down off that high horse, bring it back (along with the car rims) to the white folks you "secretly borrowed" it from, pull your saggy pants back up, and sit back on that there stoop and let shaquanda braid your hair.

Sorry for the rant, but not ALL black women sound or act that way. I dont. Perhaps you should find other places to frequent if that type is all you are running into. I expect OTHER races to talk crap, but 'keep it real' 80skid. As a black male, you are the LAST one that should be pointing fingers, at ANYONE. You should know better, but most of you guys dont.

Check yourself with the stereotypes, because we can all "go there" cant we? I just did. Or do i need to translate what "going there" means?

You really took the bait LOL!!! Guess you told me, huh!!

See what I mean folks?!?!?! Nah, seriously. Didn't you see the smiley face?? I meant it in jest but I wasn't joking. Even black women can't get along with other black women.You know I'm right.....

Old 08-25-2011, 11:50 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:

See what I mean folks?!?!?! Nah, seriously. Didn't you see the smiley face?? I meant it in jest but I wasn't joking. Even black women can't get along with other black women.You know I'm right.....
Daam! Your good! Do you have that affect on all woman

Old 08-26-2011, 12:15 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:

LMAO...Amen! You just stated stereotypes..as well as stated that not all BLACK women behave this way...You do not have to be a black woman to have an attitude...I have heard many men state Puerto Rican girls sound like yelping dogs..Mexican girls have a bad attitude...too possessive..white girls are trashy, have no morals, no familial ties..push overs...

Quote:

wow...you sound ridiculous..this applies to all women of every race..get over yourself..you sound petty..

There are some that keep that feed into the stereotype and some that choose to rise above and beyond..NOT because they think they are better than anyone else but because IT IS NOT THEM to do behave in this way...

As far as myself? I do not let stereo types affect me..I have dated men from every race and there is a common language and sayings that are universal due to media..period...catchy sayings and phrases...
There are cultural movements that are contagious and reach beyond racial divide...so yah..

Old 08-26-2011, 06:56 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times
Quote:
OMG this is why I freaking HATE black men sometimes. Sad, because I am black.
No. It's sad, but it's not because you're black.

Quote:
Hey, I'm from a third world country.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:59 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:

Responding to an ignorant statement and stereotype with another ignorant statement and stereotype......stay classy.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:07 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Wow, starting off mentioning gays and lesbians and "went black" within the span of an hour. That may be a record.

go black
idiom.
1. To veer (intentionally or unintentionally) into subject matter relating to African-American culture and issues regardless of the topic of discussion. Often said of discussion forum threads.

"The thread on UN peace treaties over in the World forum last night was an interesting read, until it went black with a gratuitous diatribe on black gangs in southern LA. And I don't think it's ever going back."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships