Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 03:46 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbutterjelly0123 View Post
Yes, I did and I didn't want/expect anymore from him.

No, I don't think he's breaking it off because he has feelings for me. We both knew that whatever we started this summer had to end in August. Or did he think I forgot and just felt like breaking it off nicely?

I just want to understand why he said/asked what he did. I expected to wake up, say goodbye, and leave. (I didn't want to get emotionally involved by talking about feelings.) Instead I hear about how he "likes me," and how he's wondering if I like him, and how I should date. I'm confused. I simply want to know where it all came from.
According to your post, he said goodbye and then started to talk about the other stuff. That is called "letting you down easy"
If all you wanted was sex, why all the questions here? It doesn't really matter, does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 03:47 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
It's simple.

He wanted some a** and that's what he got. He saw no other purpose for you other than getting you to drop the panties.

Keep it moving. He will not be the last guy to do that......
This. Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Curious...did you sleep with him because you enjoy sex or simply attention?
Quote:
Sex.
If you didn't want the attention, you wouldn't be making a post on a message board about it would you. You like the attention, and you got some *** out of it as well.

Its simple.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:02 PM

9 posts, read 8,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
According to your post, he said goodbye and then started to talk about the other stuff. That is called "letting you down easy"
If all you wanted was sex, why all the questions here? It doesn't really matter, does it?
Blondiel, I slept with him for sex not attention. In the beginning, it was all about the attention and the possibility of sex.

Why all the questions? Maybe my ego's bruised? Why the need to "let me down easy?" Did he think I was in love with him this whole time?

I was playing a game with him. I wasn't being my usual open, honest, trusting, vulnerable self because I knew this wasn't going anywhere and I didn't want to get emotionally involved. I was secretive and enjoyed keeping him guessing. He would always say that he could tell I was "nice" and "sweet" though and ask if I liked him! I never answered him.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:03 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Move on. No one can figure out what goes on in men's heads...sometimes they don't even know what is going on with themselves. Don't try to figure it out. Don't blame yourself. You made a choice, you did it...no big deal.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:05 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Move on. No one can figure out what goes on in men's heads...sometimes they don't even know what is going on with themselves. Don't try to figure it out. Don't blame yourself. You made a choice, you did it...no big deal.
The same can be said of women, too.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:07 PM

9 posts, read 8,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
This. Rep

If you didn't want the attention, you wouldn't be making a post on a message board about it would you. You like the attention, and you got some *** out of it as well.

Its simple.
I'm looking for help here. I have no one to talk to about this.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:41 PM

513 posts, read 897,511 times
it sounds to me like his actions did exactly what he wanted, it piqued your interests. so long as you are willing to give him some, he'll take it. maybe he'll move on, maybe he'll try to have an actual relationship, that is not for us to tell you.

if you think they guy is going to start pursuing you, don't answer his calls or texts except 1 more time. that time you need to say, we had sex and now i want nothing further from you. please don't contact me again.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:58 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Only we know what went on in his head. He wanted sex, he made it crystal clear, she gave it to him, and that was that. Quite simple actually.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
I think it's nice and honest of people to spell things out up-front - a lot less potential heartache. The problems occur when women go along with it thinking they can change the situation into something else.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:33 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
I'm looking for help here. I have no one to talk to about this.
Help for what? You said that you wanted the attention and then sex. You got both. Why are you even worrying about this? It's pointless, especially after you posted that you both knew it had to end in August. August is essentially over. Keep it moving just like your "summer fling" has kept it moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships