Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:32 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,205,489 times

Advertisements

OP: "I'll see you when I see you" is not an insult, nor is he playing more games. You are FWB w/him, it is simply a noncommittal, innocent, and friendly way to say goodbye. It doesn't mean anything else, and some people are reading too much into it. Then again, I have NOT read the entire thread... just responding to your original post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 12:30 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,284,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I have a guy friend that I've been hooking up with for a little while on the sly. None of the rest of the our friends know that we've been hooking up. We're both single. Anyway, after hanging out today with all our friends in a large group, he gives me a big hug as I'm leaving and whispers, "I'll see you when I see you".

In this context, I have no idea what he means. Does anyone know?
It means you're a HOOKUP.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:51 PM

286 posts, read 366,924 times
Default Don't worry, be happy.

Quote:
I have a guy friend that I've been hooking up with for a little while on the sly. None of the rest of the our friends know that we've been hooking up. We're both single. Anyway, after hanging out today with all our friends in a large group, he gives me a big hug as I'm leaving and whispers, "I'll see you when I see you".

The answer to your question is Yes. The guy knows.

Nobody here on C-D actually knows. People give their interpretations based on their own way of thinking, and I'm not sure if that tells you more about the guy or more about the persons giving the interpretations.

Let's look at a positive interpretation for a change. Since it was a group setting, it could have meant nothing more than if he had winked at you (meaning something like, "hey, it's kinda cool that we have a shared secret" -- which is something he couldn't actually say in that setting). This is just my wild imagination, but since everyone else shared theirs already, then I'm game to share mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
On a different note, generally it may mean nothing at all... It could be just a playful way of talking.
That's what it probably would be if I had said it.

I suggest caring more about actions than silly words. If you consider your present situation with him, and have no problem with it (and you haven't said you have a problem with it, so I'll assume you don't), and his words didn't do anything to decisively kill the situation (like, for example, "we need to stop this because I'm joining the priesthood"), then I don't see any problem here. I'd say treat it the same as if he had said, "see ya."

So just keep enjoying life, which is what you seem to be doing. I don't know why so many people are driven to read so much negativity into this. I'd say you're on the right track, except that I'd try not to analyze so much. I suggest that sometimes it's best to take words at face value and keep living your life. Seems simpler, anyway.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:34 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,734,855 times
Quote:

Him hugging you was probably just an impulse on his part. It meant nothing. "I'll see you when I see you" is just one of those nice pleasant things people say to each other, as in "How are you?" and it's not like they really want to know.

There's a chance he may be hooking up with other girls in your group, but that's probably alright with you, since the two of you are just hooking up.
Since you're wondering about whether he meant something deeper, that couldn't mean you've developed feelings for him, could it?
Uh oh. You know that's not allowed in the hookup.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,221,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans63 View Post
I suggest caring more about actions than silly words.
Generally, I would agree, but the actions are not particularly convincing.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:35 PM

286 posts, read 366,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Generally, I would agree, but the actions are not particularly convincing.
By "action" I meant what's happening physically, which is that they're hooking up. Since the OP hasn't said that she has a problem with the fact that they're hooking up, then I don't see a problem with it either.

Don't worry, be happy.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,221,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans63 View Post
Since the OP hasn't said that she has a problem with the fact that they're hooking up
That's only because she still has hopes for more.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:40 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,695 times
Oh-My-Goodness. Violet..violet. This guys does not like you, like you obviously like him.
There is no hidden secret meaning. He is not secretly tormented inside over his feelings for you. He has no feelings for you, other than you are a buddy that he has had the chance to screw. And wants to keep it that way.

He is not going to become a boyfriend. You are simply a hookup to him. He will see you when he sees you, because you are not important enough for him to make special plans for. He could care less when he actually sees you, UNLESS he is horny.

This is not going anywhere. Dont try to sit here and spend hours pondering over that one sentence. How old are you? You sound young.

You are only a booty call. Dont believe it? Come back in a month and tell us what has happened with him. Let it go, and dont screw him again. It's obvious you cant handle it.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:48 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,751,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Oh-My-Goodness. Violet..violet. This guys does not like you, like you obviously like him.
There is no hidden secret meaning. He is not secretly tormented inside over his feelings for you. He has no feelings for you, other than you are a buddy that he has had the chance to screw. And wants to keep it that way.

He is not going to become a boyfriend. You are simply a hookup to him. He will see you when he sees you, because you are not important enough for him to make special plans for. He could care less when he actually sees you, UNLESS he is horny.

This is not going anywhere. Dont try to sit here and spend hours pondering over that one sentence. How old are you? You sound young.

You are only a booty call. Dont believe it? Come back in a month and tell us what has happened with him. Let it go, and dont screw him again. It's obvious you cant handle it.

This is true. People tend to over analyze and look for hidden meaning when they want more than what is there. If you are not ok with being just f buddies then you need to stop. Tell him you are looking for more, whether with him or someone else and that the f buddy arrangement is played out for you. He can decide if he wants something more serious or not.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:52 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
This is true. People tend to over analyze and look for hidden meaning when they want more than what is there. If you are not ok with being just f buddies then you need to stop. Tell him you are looking for more, whether with him or someone else and that the f buddy arrangement is played out for you. He can decide if he wants something more serious or not.

Bolded is exactly what OP should do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships