Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 06:56 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,639 times

Advertisements

I have a high school reunion comming up. Not realy sure whether I'm going for not but the thought had crossed my mind whether I would bring my girlfriend or not.

Personally I'm thinking I would not like to bring her. Before someone makes the comment no I don't want to hook up with an old fling or anything like that more I just think she will be bored, it's kind of an awkward and nervious night so don't want to be responsible for someone else having fun as well. Want to be able to work the room takl to people catch up and maybe do some networking without having to drag someone along introducing them and explaining any inside jokes and things like that.

Just curiuos if you would be offended and or jealour or happy that you don't have to go to reunion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
I think your girlfriend is lucky to have someone as caring and unselfish as you.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:10 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,986 times
Depends how it was presented.

DH is going to a reunion and I'm not going. He did however ask if I would mind dropping him off and picking up so that everyone could see his hot wife.

Flattery gets him everything - he'll have much more fun catching up with all his old friends if he doesn't have to worry about me being bored and I get to feel like he's proud of me and not trying to hide me.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Depends how it was presented.

DH is going to a reunion and I'm not going. He did however ask if I would mind dropping him off and picking up so that everyone could see his hot wife.

Flattery gets him everything - he'll have much more fun catching up with all his old friends if he doesn't have to worry about me being bored and I get to feel like he's proud of me and not trying to hide me.
What sweet guys.

Seriously, it works for both men and women. I think SOs who didn't grow up together should not be dragged to each others' HS reunions. I was so miserable and missed talking with my old friends because my then husband insisted on joining me. What did he think I was planning on doing? I had 2 children and was still nursing the 2nd one. As it was, we had to leave early so I could get back but I spent more time keeping him entertained than I did renewing friendships. What a PIB.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:32 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,255,853 times
If I had a high school reunion coming up, I would invite my boyfriend. He can mix and mingle in any group and if I ran off to a corner to chit chat with some old pals, it wouldn't be a problem. He's versatile and it wouldn't bother him. I go places with him where I might not know the people but by the end of the event, we're all talking like good friends. Perhaps it depends on the type of relationship you have with your partner.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 AM

859 posts, read 2,827,956 times
You should invite her and let her make her own decision. I personally would be very offended if I wasn't at least asked If I wanted to go.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
That's really a personal decision for you and your girlfriend. As a wife, I'd be hurt if he didn't want me to go with him. We're from the same high school class anyway, so if he's going so am I. My husband wouldn't think I was in the way at a reunion (wedding, company picnic, etc.), but I do give him his space when he wants to go do stuff with friends (poker night, fishing, etc.). Neither of us wanted to go to our 20-year reunion this summer, but when there are events where people go as couples, we go as a couple. I am capable of smiling and talking to strangers for a few hours.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,820 times
Maybe ask her if she wants to go? That seems like the simplest solution

Old 08-30-2011, 08:05 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
If you don't ask your gonna look like a slimeball.

Which you are if you don't ask.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:06 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,237,972 times
Well, considering in my situation, our reunions is the SAME, I'd be well offended. haha but otherwise, no. And I might add we met at our 25th reunion..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships