Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:25 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Something I saw in another thread brought up an old incident (couple of incidents, actually).

On a couple of occasions I was walking in Manhattan with a female co-worker/friend of mine, discreetly (I thought) checking out the ladies as we walked by, and my female friend got mad at me for checking out the scenery. "You shouldn't be looking at women while you're with me," she said. I was like, "why do you care?"

Now, we were friends, and friends only. While she had a boyfriend, I was unattached, very single and very much looking to hook up with someone.

Twice this happened, actually.

To this day I am baffled as to why she had this reaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,391,849 times
It depends upon how blatantly you were looking. If you were leering at the other women and making comments about their various bodies, then most women would consider this disrespectful to them. However, any woman that complains about a male friend just looking at other women has insecurity and control issues big time. Her also saying, "you shouldn't be looking when I'm around" is ridicuously insecure.

I side with you this one.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
She is just an insecure controlling person and be happy that you are not her bofriend!!

Old 08-30-2011, 12:30 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,966 times
Maybe she secretly has a thing for you? Or she's just anal and feels it disrespects her 'womanhood'? LOL I dont know. I certainly would be pissed if a BOYFRIEND were doing that. But, a male friend? I could care less. As he checked out the women, I would be checking out the men.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:32 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Something I saw in another thread brought up an old incident (couple of incidents, actually).

On a couple of occasions I was walking in Manhattan with a female co-worker/friend of mine, discreetly (I thought) checking out the ladies as we walked by, and my female friend got mad at me for checking out the scenery. "You shouldn't be looking at women while you're with me," she said. I was like, "why do you care?"

Now, we were friends, and friends only. While she had a boyfriend, I was unattached, very single and very much looking to hook up with someone.

Twice this happened, actually.

To this day I am baffled as to why she had this reaction.
If I were you, Lucario, I'd be responding like.....

"Come again? I was a little distracted"

Old 08-30-2011, 12:34 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
For the same reason that you shouldn't be watching the TV over your companion's shoulder. Or constantly messing with your phone. Even though the two of you aren't an item, it doesn't mean manners can go out the window.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
It depends upon how blatantly you were looking. If you were leering at the other women and making comments about their various bodies, then most women would consider this disrespectful to them.
I understand. Like I said, though, I was trying to be discreet about the way I was looking at the women. I also make it a practice to never leer or make comments about a woman in public. In private (as in, we're naked together in the bedroom), that's a different story.

Quote:
. However, any woman that complains about a male friend just looking at other women has insecurity and control issues big time. Her also saying, "you shouldn't be looking when I'm around" is ridicuously insecure.

I side with you this one.
Yeah, I'm thinking she just had insecurity and control issues up the wazoo.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlered chamataka View Post
if i were you, lucario, i'd be responding like.....

"come again? I was a little distracted" :d
lol

Old 08-30-2011, 12:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
I can't tell since I don't know how exactly that "looking" was done. It might've been done in an embarrassing for her way; it might've not. I wouldn't be happy if somebody (man or woman) I'm with embarrasses me in public, regardless of the specific way it's done.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:38 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,090 times
Oh please. That chick has issues. You are not her man. Ignore her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships