Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:16 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,882,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicegurl View Post
He told me he had it when we met, but I accepted and loved him in spite of it though. Wish him well, but I'm in a really good place now and am moving forward, not looking backwards
Nicegurl,
You don't have herpes now too- since he had them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 09:03 PM

172 posts, read 395,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Nicegurl,
You don't have herpes now too- since he had them?
We used condoms. I got tested after we broke up, and the test was negative Thank god

Old 09-12-2011, 10:35 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,178,431 times
Quote:
Thank you very much dr74

I agree with everything that you wrote...I just hope (and pray) that at some point in the not-to-distant future, I'll meet someone else who will be right for me and who will love me the way in which I deserve to be loved. In the meantime, I will continue to make myself happy, be the best person I can be, and live the best life that I can live.

Oh...I remember playing that old Lou Rawl's song, " You'll Never Find: You're Gonna Miss My Lovin'" on YouTube for my ex shortly before I broke things off with him. I didn't realize, at the time, that it would actually come true
Oh you will....Like I stated it seems as if you are together and ready for a new relationship and when you least expect you are going to meet a great guy who is going to appreciate you just for being you...

Best of luck...doubt you need it though

Old 09-13-2011, 09:19 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,314,956 times
Quote:

Each time he contacts me, within 24 hours I receive another email from one of his best female friends inviting me to add her on Facebook, or wanting to know if I'm free. When the ex and I were together, she had expressed a desire to be friends with me, but when we broke up, she became quiet, and would not respond when I wrote and asked her if she still wanted to be friends. Now all of a sudden she wants to make contact. I could be wrong, but I think that he may be putting her up to it, so I don't respond.

I don't see what's so interesting about me or my life all of a sudden that they would want to get in touch. I also figure that since he loved his previous girlfriend so much, he would be happy and content being with her and I would be the last person on his mind at this point in time.

It doesn't upset me, or make me feel bad...I just don't get it is all.

Thoughts? Comments?
YOU were the one that wrote and asked if she still wanted to be friends...you were the one that left the "door" open!!....just DON'T respond, and that door will soon-enough close.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Oh you will....Like I stated it seems as if you are together and ready for a new relationship and when you least expect you are going to meet a great guy who is going to appreciate you just for being you...

Best of luck...doubt you need it though
Thanks dr74

Old 09-13-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
YOU were the one that wrote and asked if she still wanted to be friends...you were the one that left the "door" open!!....just DON'T respond, and that door will soon-enough close.
You're right...I simply closed that door right back by blocking her from being able to contact me in the future <wiping palms of hands together in an up and down motion>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships