Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 01:34 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupkake View Post
Yes I am in my late 20s and holding on by a string to what's left of it!haha I don't EVEN want to see my dirty thirty anytime soon.
Age is just a number to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 01:35 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Drinks at clubs/bars are rip-offs. Walmart has the same thing more then half that price.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:42 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I am guessing you are in your 20's right?
Probably just poor emotional intelligence. Assuming that age plays a lot into opinions is just agism.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:57 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
I've never bought a drink for a girl I didn't already know. I've always felt like there was no need to bribe the girl so she'll talk/dance/whatever with me. Either she liked me or she didn't, and I doubted buying her a drink would have that much influence.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:02 AM

200 posts, read 328,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Drinks at clubs/bars are rip-offs. Walmart has the same thing more then half that price.
Jeeze Texas you sound just like one of my friends..you're not going to take the money to your grave...your coffin won't be big enough. Now I'm not saying to splurge but you can spend a lil every now and then...lighten up a bit. I hope you don't act reluctant to pay for dates too.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:05 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,996 times
Take control when a man buys you a drink. If he asks you to dance and becomes dominate because he bought you a drink just ignore him. If he continues to bother you at the club call security over.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:45 AM

591 posts, read 866,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupkake View Post
Well you're a nice girl lol if he's ok I'll take the drink but I don't always want to dance with him. When I decline THEN the annoyance begins haa....just like men sleep with girls=no strings attached..women take drinks from men=no strings attached!

The annoyance begins because you cratered his ego. You take his drink, i.e. you USE him, then turn him down. What's not to like, eh?

Do yourself a favor and try to be sincere. Tell him: "no, you're not my type, I'd prefer not to accept your drink nor to talk with you in any regard, becasue if I did, you'd get the wrong idea."

Try it.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:23 AM

591 posts, read 866,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Probably just poor emotional intelligence. Assuming that age plays a lot into opinions is just agism.
Sorry to break it to you, but age DOES have a lot to do with your opinions. When I was 15, I was both an atheist and politically left-leaning so hard people mistook me for a Communist.

Now, I am Libertarian-right and a firm believer in God.

You are deluding yourself in thinking your age has nothing to do with your opinions; that's like saying neither do your experiences matter in any of that.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:23 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
Don't buy her a drink as simple as that.

If your going to a club/bar and you have this mindset that if you pay for a drink your supposed to get something, then your delusional. You'd be better off putting that money towards a prostitute because that's really what your asking for with that type of exchange.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
I'd be willing to talk to a guy without him buying me a drink. And if I find his personality annoying, then I would politely walk away from him. I think though, that guys have to be willing to accept if a new girl they are chatting up at a bar or a club is just not that into him, and be able to gracefully accept if she doesn't want to spend a lot of time politely talking to him when there are other people to meet and check out. I think that they do hope that by buying a girl a drink, she will feel more obligated to spending time with him. And if he buys her several drinks, then his hopes are to get her drunk and take advantage of her poor judgment. But minimally, I think that as long as she is drinking that one bought drink, she ought to spend that time with him talking... unless he is a total jerk.

By the same token, guys don't like to waste their time with girls that aren't pretty enough by their standards. And most guys aren't motivated by decency when they are out looking for female company, especially out at a club or a bar. So I don't have much sympathy for them if they end up buying drinks for a woman or several of them and don't end up scoring that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships