Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 11:58 PM

541 posts, read 941,200 times

Advertisements

Can a guy tell if girl is a virgin and is that a turnoff???

Ok, I am seriously in love this guy and have been in love with him for years. Everything about him matches with what I am looking for like beliefs, religious beliefs and he is just flat out interesting. I want to initiate having sex but I am just feeling blah blah about the situation. It puts pressure on me actually to feel confident with him. Since I was a geeky woman when I met him. I still feel like that ugly girl with glasses. I was called and viewed as ugly BUT I always feel like my ugly girl symptoms is always making an reappearance no matter what I try. As a result, I was shy and socially awkward. But for some reason he was genuinely nice to me all those years Ive known him AND would stare at me for so long in different occasions it made me uncomfortable. He just recently reentered my life, I dont know how he feels about me these days so thats why I am wondering if I should initiate the sex. What reason would a guy deny sex? besides if he doesnt feel like it??? .
I dont think he is a virgin and has more experienced than me ....is that a turnoff for guys if the girl is inexperienced???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 12:09 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
If the guy genuinely likes you, he won't care. Actually, many guys will like that you haven't been with anyone else.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:11 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post

Ok, I am seriously in love this guy and have been in love with him for years. Everything about him matches with what I am looking for like beliefs, religious beliefs and he is just flat out interesting. I want to initiate having sex but I am just feeling blah blah about the situation. It puts pressure on me actually to feel confident with him. Since I was a geeky woman when I met him. I still feel like that ugly girl with glasses. I was called and viewed as ugly BUT I always feel like my ugly girl symptoms is always making an reappearance no matter what I try. As a result, I was shy and socially awkward. But for some reason he was genuinely nice to me all those years Ive known him AND would stare at me for so long in different occasions it made me uncomfortable. He just recently reentered my life, I dont know how he feels about me these days so thats why I am wondering if I should initiate the sex. What reason would a guy deny sex? besides if he doesnt feel like it??? .
I dont think he is a virgin and has more experienced than me ....is that a turnoff for guys if the girl is inexperienced???
Not a turnoff really, but it is a possible red flag, because you see so many times from girls who wait, right after they lose their virginity they kind of start to go crazy and sleep with other guys.

It is also a sign sometimes that they really don't know what they want, and after they lose it, they will end up looking for something new.

In the end, it wouldn't really keep me away, I'd look at it as a good thing

Old 12-16-2011, 04:49 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
He just recently reentered my life, I dont know how he feels about me these days so thats why I am wondering if I should initiate the sex.
Why don't you wait until you are in an actual relationship with him before you start thinking about sex?

Your post comes off like you are trying to jump his bones before you even go out on a date.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:13 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why don't you wait until you are in an actual relationship with him before you start thinking about sex?

Your post comes off like you are trying to jump his bones before you even go out on a date.
I agree. Besides, if you've known him for years and he hasn't asked you out, then he's probably not interested. Forget him and move on.

If you feel ugly, then you need to enlist the help of someone you trust to help make a few adjustments. Plenty of women who lack classic good looks are considered attractive and have managed to find healthy relationships.

Don't degrade yourself by trying to lose your virginity before you're in a stable relationship. Guys will say and do anything to have sex. If you're not emotionally prepared to deal with being used, then you're better off waiting till you're with someone who has shown he's a considerate person and values you for who you are.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:21 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
Ask him if he wants to play a game of just the tip?

No seriously, relax, if you really want it to happen just be cool about it. Throw some signals his way (extra touching in a slow manner etc) over a quiet evening with a bottle of wine together and nature should take its course.

You could invite him to your place for this date and suggest he bring an overnight bag. To help give the hint.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:29 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Ummm...this. Good grief.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:44 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post

Not all guys. But I seriously think you should make an effort to get to know the guy before you knock boots with him, unless you're sure you can deal with the fact that you don't know what kind of man he is. Plus getting to know him better could give you some ideas in seduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Not a turnoff really, but it is a possible red flag, because you see so many times from girls who wait, right after they lose their virginity they kind of start to go crazy and sleep with other guys.

It is also a sign sometimes that they really don't know what they want, and after they lose it, they will end up looking for something new.

In the end, it wouldn't really keep me away, I'd look at it as a good thing
I've never known virgins who start sleeping around but maybe that's just me. In my experience, the women out there sleeping around are the ones that got an early unpleasant introduction to sex before they were ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I agree. Besides, if you've known him for years and he hasn't asked you out, then he's probably not interested. Forget him and move on.

If you feel ugly, then you need to enlist the help of someone you trust to help make a few adjustments. Plenty of women who lack classic good looks are considered attractive and have managed to find healthy relationships.

Don't degrade yourself by trying to lose your virginity before you're in a stable relationship. Guys will say and do anything to have sex. If you're not emotionally prepared to deal with being used, then you're better off waiting till you're with someone who has shown he's a considerate person and values you for who you are.
Believe it or not, the dating world has improved to the point where women don't have to just sit around staring at themselves in the mirror, pinching their cheeks and poofing their hair waiting for the right man. There's no reason why she can't just make a move herself. I agree with the rest though.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:14 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
You have to walk before you can run...see if there's even some mutual interest on his part before you start worrying about whether or not he cares if you're a virgin.

If he really likes you and cares about you, then chances are your virginity won't be a dealbreaker.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:24 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
^^^ditto!^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships