Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:56 PM

37,649 posts, read 46,067,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha! A just shook a new pineapple off the tree by chance! I didn't even notice. Congrats, Chess!
Well cool beans! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 08:57 PM

37,649 posts, read 46,067,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's it! Four people flaking on you is considered DATING. It's normal SOP.

YOU flaked on the girl who wanted a relationship. Did you ever consider that?

I'm a huge interviewer when it comes to on line dating. I won't go out with you until we've emailed, texted, and talked. By then I can usually weed out 98% of the guys. So my dating experience is VERY limited, but my weeding out skills are legendary!

Be selective about who you date. Don't take rejection personally. Who knows what is going on with the other person? Just know that if they don't make you a priority, you won't make them one/
Agreed!!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,211,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Agreed!!
Yep! And last name, puleeze!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:23 PM

73,076 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Great post REP

You know I actually sat and read through this thread and Pimply gave you a gem in one sentence. Shoot to F, that's what's important at this stage of your development.

the other advice he gave you was great as well but if you're looking to be "loved" then its obvious that it won't sink in.

take advantage of this time in your life, college is a great testing ground for developing your social skills and banging chicks. Flaking will always happen, it might feel brutal to you but that's reality. Once you start f ing different chicks it doesn't matter if some broad doesn't feel open because there's always another s l ut whose hungry for some cream (especially IN COLLEGE).

texting is also a passive act, when you want something do you take a passive approach to getting it? Hell no. As Pimpy mentioned texting is a great segue for a good booty call/P&D.
But the thing is, I'm not about getting the quick sex. I haven't even had sex and I'm 25. I'm not worried about that. I plan to wait until I'm married. I go for love first.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,903,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I am looking for love. I don't like being alone. I'm 25 and have never had a girlfriend. At this point, being loved, for me, is having someone to share my life with someone, to have someone to go to teh coffee place with, loving someone, being loved by that person, having someone to be with.

This situation has happened with more than two women. I invited a person over to visit my side of the city. My plan was to go out, eat something, something along those lines. It never happened. I left a message on the phone too. Somehow, if people are not interested, I don't know it until I have phone calls that go unanswered.
grow a pair man. millions of guys the world over face this kind of rejection. i dont know how many women you actually hit on but i for one hit on at least 5 a week and still only manage to get laid with 1 or 2 every couple months. it's a numbers game 100% unless, as someone else already pointed out, you're brad pitt or in the top 1% of the male population.

i'm also a short guy like yourself so don't lose heart. yes it will be alot tougher for you because of your height but what other choice do you have? stay home saturday nights and post on city-data abt it?

you'll have to get some thicker skin, and the only way to do it is to keep at it. in time it won't even bother you and your confidence will get better.

good luck.

PS: and again as someone else said, being in college, you should really focus on just getting laid. i know you said you're looking for something more serious but this is probably the one time in your life when you'll be surrounded by women in the prime of their beauty, all just there ripe for the taking. don't miss this opportunity, make the most of it. go all out.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 PM

I was only asking a question. My concern came because I do tend to take things personal. It is like some people aren't honest enough to say "I don't feel like it" or "Not interested", but rather, there is a passive-aggressive behavior that goes on. One person told me that this is how "normal people" behave.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:37 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But the thing is, I'm not about getting the quick sex. I haven't even had sex and I'm 25. I'm not worried about that. I plan to wait until I'm married. I go for love first.
WHAT?

love first?

listen to yourself, do us all a favor and take the red pill and see things for what they are. This "do it for love" thinking is setting you up for self emasculation. Its pathetic to hear a man in the prime of his life talk like this. Get laid already, if you wait to get married your doing yourself more harm than good (thinking about marriage is extremely harmful for men, but thats another topic).

Old 09-26-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
WHAT?

love first?

listen to yourself, do us all a favor and take the red pill and see things for what they are. This "do it for love" thinking is setting you up for self emasculation. Its pathetic to hear a man in the prime of his life talk like this. Get laid already, if you wait to get married your doing yourself more harm than good (thinking about marriage is extremely harmful for men, but thats another topic).
How am I doing myself more harm than good by waiting until marriage? How is pathetic to want to be in a romantic relationship, to want to be loved?

Old 09-26-2011, 09:42 PM

541 posts, read 941,801 times
Its sweet that you want love and not sex. But have some fun!!! You are making things harder than it needs to be. Just experience life. You are basically living in a cave. just go with the flow. NO EXPECTATIONS. If they dont holler at you then move on. There are billions of women . Dont limit yourself. Have fun. PARTY.

You are in COLLEGE.

Last edited by Sarahpc122927; 09-26-2011 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: w

Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Jeez, are you gay? You are a 25 year old virgin?! I dont need to know anything more. Its clear why women dont want to be around you, you dont have GAME.

ps. Please rent the movie Hitch and take Will Smiths advice.
Not that it's anyone's business, but no, I am not gay. And I see nothing wrong with being a virgin at 25. I have my own principals to stick to, and if any woman doesn't respect it, then said persons can just move along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships