Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:40 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,231,030 times

Advertisements

Is the only way anyone will be able to find love.

I haven't made a thread in a while but this seems to be a common theme on these threads.

The problem with it is that it conflicts with what I see in real life just walking down the street everyday or just at work. I'm pretty sure all of you see it too when you go about your day as well. Everyday ordinary average people find love everyday. Hell even the "dregs of society" manage to find love. From what I've seen there seems to be only a few thing a person has to do to find a partner:

1. Know who you are, what you like and what they don't like

2. Adjust your standards, don't constantly pine over the hottest, sexiest most popular guys or girls. Look for people who click with who you are as a person.

3. Learn how to deal with rejection.

Ultimately don't do things looking to impress people, do it for yourself. Any self improvement should be done for you not to impress the next person that's why they call it self improvement.

So what's with the whole you've got to do this, this and this to find a partner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,039,428 times
Man, I thought this was another thread about me!

Old 03-04-2013, 07:46 PM

1,755 posts, read 3,003,245 times
I'm afraid I'm a little confused by your post just because of the title and then the first sentence. I'm far from perfect and have many flaws which I'm aware of and some which I'm learning about just from my relationship with my partner and from having friends and family in my midst.

But yes, over the years I have come to learn to deal with rejection, but I have found what I find acceptable or unacceptable today isn't going to be consistent, likewise my tastes are changing and constantly changing because I'm a being constantly in motion. I'm aware of my own soul and her eternal nature and connection to God, but beyond that I don't know who I am, what I like or dislike. I'm discovering and rediscovering that everyday...

Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,961,822 times
Do things that work for you. Be your own person.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,035,023 times
Found him.

Revealing the Most Interesting Man in the World (Dos Equis Compilation) - YouTube

It ain't me, I don't even come close.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 PM

1,755 posts, read 3,003,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Awww man, I love this guy! haha!

Just remember Prince_Frog, "It's never too late to beef up your obituary"

Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,221,710 times
I don't notice that being a theme. But I would say that the rest of your thread seems to be what most people are encouraging - not perfection. If you needed to be perfect to find love - the human race would have died out long ago.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,044,562 times
Don't care what other people think. Stubborn and keep being yourself. Perfect people nobody likes.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,697,057 times
I think some people take what they like and want and assume that is the general rule of how things work when its kind of funny though because really those three things don't guarantee much a person can find love with or without them.

Also internet tends to bring out both humanity hating and high and mighty attitudes couple that with basic human nature and things get lost in translation.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:36 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,044,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
I think some people take what they like and want and assume that is the general rule of how things work when its kind of funny though because really those three things don't guarantee much a person can find love with or without them.

Also internet tends to bring out both humanity hating and high and mighty attitudes couple that with basic human nature and things get lost in translation.
If they don't or won't love me for me...I don't need any of their love. It's clear and easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships