Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:04 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,998 times

Advertisements

So I just moved to a new city within the past month. I met a woman a year older than me. We started dating right away. We've had a great time together. I've only been happier once in my life. I was a bit younger at the time. Anyway we got into an argument because I've been having some trouble getting over a cold. I jokingly mentioned it could be her dog. She got upset and we had our first major argument. I left her place and went home because I was angry.so I decided to clear the air and talk about later, but I changed my relationship status to single out of anger prior to our conversation . Basically she told me I think about myself too much and I didn't include her so that was another reason why she wanted to break up. I told her that I am willing to fix this and make more time but after 3 hours she wouldn't budge. I care for her dearly and I would do anything to get her back. Please tell me what should I do? By the way we're both in our mid 20s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 11:10 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,733 times
What are you, a female? Only a female would throw a temper tantrum and then log into Facebook and immediately change her relationship to "single" over one lousy argument.

That said, it's probably not over, but she probably lost some respect for you.

Last edited by bicoastal10; 10-12-2011 at 11:20 PM..

Old 10-12-2011, 11:13 PM

yes we're both women ...forgot to add that in

Old 10-12-2011, 11:14 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
yes we're both women ...forgot to add that in
Oh, well in that case, you're fine. Just talk to her and smooth things over.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Oh, well in that case, you're fine. Just talk to her and smooth things over.
We did talk. She just kept saying no, I really feel like you think the world revolves around you. I told her since I'm really independent, I'm not used to having someone in my life and that I really want to work it out. I just continued to get shot down.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:50 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Did you really think you could catch a cold from a dog? That bothers me more than anything else you wrote about . . .

Old 10-12-2011, 11:59 PM

it's more like an infection now, but at the time I thought it was a cold.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:05 AM

356 posts, read 830,086 times
Take a step back, give her some time. Think about what happened and schedule a coffee meetup. Explain that your sorry and did not realize that what you said hurt her feelings. Then ask how the both of you can put this nonsense behind you and in a few months, you'll look back on it and laugh.

Do not use the word I or You if possible. (it's a psychology thing)

Old 10-13-2011, 07:20 AM

19,721 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Never joke about a woman's dog...lol

Old 10-13-2011, 07:25 AM

859 posts, read 2,829,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
So I just moved to a new city within the past month. I met a woman a year older than me. We started dating right away. We've had a great time together. I've only been happier once in my life. I was a bit younger at the time. Anyway we got into an argument because I've been having some trouble getting over a cold. I jokingly mentioned it could be her dog. She got upset and we had our first major argument. I left her place and went home because I was angry.so I decided to clear the air and talk about later, but I changed my relationship status to single out of anger prior to our conversation . Basically she told me I think about myself too much and I didn't include her so that was another reason why she wanted to break up. I told her that I am willing to fix this and make more time but after 3 hours she wouldn't budge. I care for her dearly and I would do anything to get her back. Please tell me what should I do? By the way we're both in our mid 20s

First things first.. Get the hell off of Facebook. You're not a teenager so you should be smart enough not to plaster your entire life all over the net. You can see how well it's worked out for you so far.

Next. Give her a little space. Give her a call and simply say you're sorry and you'd like to talk when she's ready and leave it at that. Trying to talk about it now will do NO good so don't force the issue.

This is a relatively minor issue as far as arguments go but I would question in sanity considering she blew up over something so trivial. Are you sure you want to be with someone like this? Arguments typically only get pettier the longer you are together and this sounds like someone that's going to complain about the seat being up in a couple of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships