Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,562,186 times

Advertisements

Observing the way in which some of my male family members have been treated by the women in their lives, cause me to wonder if women have feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 05:07 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,204,067 times
OP, I am sorry it happened to you. That must have been really confusing.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:02 PM

4,574 posts, read 9,190,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Don't flame me on this -- I am asking a sincere question. The men I have known seem to be able to turn their feelings on and off like a light switch.

My ex told me on a Wednesday that we would grow old together. On Friday he said he was outta here, he'd found someone else, goodbye.

My latest (10 month relationship) told me how much he cared, all the things we would do together, etc. A week later he told me he has changed and doesn't think he has time anymore.

How do you do it? Is it just staying detached? Is there a trick to turning your emotions on and off that quickly and being able to walk away without a backward glance?
Just because he tells you this stuff don't mean it is true. But as men in this cold brutal world, we must always push forward.

You think when my dad saw his buddies get blasted away by a machine gun nest in Vietnam that he and his platoon said, "hey, lets get in touch with our feelings and lets just have a pow wow about how we feel"?

Hell no, you push forward and keep moving. Regardless of how bad it hurts on the inside.

Showing your feelings will get you eatin alive in this mans world...or what is left of it. and wearing your heart on your sleave will allow snakes to eat it up, regurgitate it, and eat it again, just for sick pleasure.

This is a lesson most guys should learn before they are teenagers.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:05 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,669,059 times
that is a genderless sin. callousness.
as to commitment, the curse of lots of "relationships" is lack of commitment to any of them.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:12 PM

78 posts, read 81,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
The men I have known seem to be able to turn their feelings on and off like a light switch.

My ex told me on a Wednesday that we would grow old together. On Friday he said he was outta here, he'd found someone else, goodbye.

My latest (10 month relationship) told me how much he cared, all the things we would do together, etc. A week later he told me he has changed and doesn't think he has time anymore.

How do you do it? Is it just staying detached? Is there a trick to turning your emotions on and off that quickly and being able to walk away without a backward glance?
Just because the person broke up with you doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings for you all of a sudden. It may be various reasons why he doesn't feel the relationship is gonna work. Hell, it might even be his problem. Like he can't stand commitment but tried with you and learned he really can't commit. But he won't tell you this to save face.

Would it be easier for you to accept a break up if the person said he still had deep feelings for you but felt there was no way to save the relationship? IMO, that would be even harder to deal with.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:16 PM

5,418 posts, read 9,224,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
In my experiences its the women who can "turn it on and off" whenever they want.

But my feelings happen right down in my penis. The head starts to tingle and everything just fades from there.
you know, there are two things...

The people who talk about penises all the time have the smallest ones, usually, and those that talk about sex all the time... don't get laid much.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:26 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,026,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
you know, there are two things...

The people who talk about penises all the time have the smallest ones, usually, and those that talk about sex all the time... don't get laid much.
Nah he had sex 4 times last night.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:33 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,020,260 times
I know I have no feelings, I shed them all when the cruel heartless vindictive wife of my burned a hole in my soul. bwaa ha ha ha. Seriously OP my wife wasn't any of those things. You are hurt and crying out, we have all been there. To steal a line from a novel no one will recognize, tomorrow is another day. Keep your chin up.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:34 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,020,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Nah he had sex 4 times last night.
I think Jordan was referring to sex with someone else? hehe

Old 10-13-2011, 06:37 PM

43 posts, read 37,860 times
Bottom line: He just didn't want you, ever. He was playing a game and got tired of you. He will get tired of the next woman and the next, until he meets his match...................................a woman who thinks just like him....................................ok, good bye, nice knowing you, NEXT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships