Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 04:40 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,582,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Don't flame me on this -- I am asking a sincere question. The men I have known seem to be able to turn their feelings on and off like a light switch.

My ex told me on a Wednesday that we would grow old together. On Friday he said he was outta here, he'd found someone else, goodbye.

My latest (10 month relationship) told me how much he cared, all the things we would do together, etc. A week later he told me he has changed and doesn't think he has time anymore.

How do you do it? Is it just staying detached? Is there a trick to turning your emotions on and off that quickly and being able to walk away without a backward glance?
Emotions are for women. Thats how I was raised. A man should be focused and think logically at all times, so he may not fall to foolishness. Emotions can land you jail, physically hurt or dead. Its ok for women to have this issue, not ok for men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
No we are just robotic lifeforms with a wallet and johnson.
I like this

Old 10-18-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
No.

But if we did have feelings, our fathers would have taught us to suppress them by beating us anytime we might have let them surface when we were growing up.
Spot on. +1

Old 10-18-2011, 04:44 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,539,736 times
turning off your feelings is a genderless game.
and a hurtful one.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:39 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,064,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Emotions are for women. Thats how I was raised. A man should be focused and think logically at all times, so he may not fall to foolishness. Emotions can land you jail, physically hurt or dead. Its ok for women to have this issue, not ok for men.
It's ok for women to land in jail, be physically hurt or be dead?

Old 10-18-2011, 05:43 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,589,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It's ok for women to land in jail, be physically hurt or be dead?
Point is that two men who are fighting may very well kill eachother, most ladies will starve before one kills off the other...and that's if they try.

Most ladies brawls with the attention of a cop will end with the cop recomending them to take care, while he'd put guys in jail.

A woman might be twice as pissed as any man, but she'll seldom be nearly half as destructive, as a man acting out on it.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Just because he tells you this stuff don't mean it is true. But as men in this cold brutal world, we must always push forward.

You think when my dad saw his buddies get blasted away by a machine gun nest in Vietnam that he and his platoon said, "hey, lets get in touch with our feelings and lets just have a pow wow about how we feel"?

Hell no, you push forward and keep moving. Regardless of how bad it hurts on the inside.

Showing your feelings will get you eatin alive in this mans world...or what is left of it. and wearing your heart on your sleave will allow snakes to eat it up, regurgitate it, and eat it again, just for sick pleasure.

This is a lesson most guys should learn before they are teenagers.
Thats the truth!

Old 10-18-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Why are male-bashing posts allowed on here, but if there's any and i mean ANY hint of female-bashing, then it's locked? Wonder what gender the mods are.
No thats a really FAIR question.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Point is that two men who are fighting may very well kill eachother, most ladies will starve before one kills off the other...and that's if they try.
Well then the woman (who didn't kill anyone) shouldn't be in jail and the man (who did, or who might come close as you're saying above) should.

Don't see much that's unfair there...(shrug)

I would hope ANYONE who tried to kill me, male, female, hermaphroditic or cross-dresser, would go to jail.

Yet we women aren't "ignoring" our emotions, which you say men have to do in order to avoid these devastating eventualities...so I'm not sure I understand what your point was there.

ETA: And by the way...I know loads of men who do show their emotions, good and bad, and I don't know anyone who is in jail.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Sure they do but when it comes to relationships and what women think, only women's feelings matter. This should be obvious to anyone who has read this thread for any time.
Oh my, lots of BMTs on this thread! (Ask Prince_Frog what BMT stands for...)

Snap out of it! You want fair? Get paid less than I do for doing exactly the same thing based on an altered job title with the same description. Oh, and go wash my socks.

Stop. Crying. Or find something useful to cry about. That is allowed (genuine feeling, not self-serving B.S.)...which is what most of the women on this thread have been saying.

Last edited by JerZ; 10-18-2011 at 06:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships