Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 03:58 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Don't flame me on this -- I am asking a sincere question. The men I have known seem to be able to turn their feelings on and off like a light switch.

My ex told me on a Wednesday that we would grow old together. On Friday he said he was outta here, he'd found someone else, goodbye.

My latest (10 month relationship) told me how much he cared, all the things we would do together, etc. A week later he told me he has changed and doesn't think he has time anymore.

How do you do it? Is it just staying detached? Is there a trick to turning your emotions on and off that quickly and being able to walk away without a backward glance?
Not to be mean but how old are you that you could actually ask this? Seriously. Of course they have feelings. They just show theirs differently than women do. The issue in your case seems to have more to do with your choices in men than men's feelings. I know my mistakes are about my choices in men. I can't blame the men in my life, past and present, for my choosing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 05:11 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I don't think men don't have feelings, but I definitely do think they're inveterately less capable of demonstrating empathy than women.
But you like us that way.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Not to be mean but how old are you that you could actually ask this? Seriously. Of course they have feelings. They just show theirs differently than women do. The issue in your case seems to have more to do with your choices in men than men's feelings. I know my mistakes are about my choices in men. I can't blame the men in my life, past and present, for my choosing them.
Couldn't have said it any better, kind of reflective.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:18 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Couldn't have said it any better.
Same goes for men, they can't blame women in general because they, themselves made bad choices.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:29 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
But you like us that way.
No we don't! We just deal!

Old 10-14-2011, 05:51 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I don't think men don't have feelings, but I definitely do think they're inveterately less capable of demonstrating empathy than women.
Men grow up learning to cope with the exigencies of slaying dragons. You do not empathize with the dragon. While some of the womenfolk here would deny it I think most women want men who are men, who will slay the dragon if need be. In order to slay the dragon you must be hard. There is a fine line between putting too much distance between yourself and the thing which must be slain and empathizing too much and being yourself slain by the dragon. Walking this line or even knowing where the line is is not always easy. On the other hand losing sight of turning off the hard thing inside you that lets you do things which are painful is easy enough to do. Regardless if you wish to be a man you will make the attempt and fail or not.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:54 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Ok I have no idea what you're talking about. Men are freakin' weird creatures, aren't they?

Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,322 times
WHO CARES? Men and women dog each other out ALL the time. It doesn't depend on the sex it depends on the person!

-Female

Old 10-14-2011, 05:58 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I got no feelings.

My leg just fell asleep.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:21 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Men have feelings they just are taught to hide emotion or they are ridiculed. However,I think men do have less sensitivity then women do! Not scientific just my life experience talking here!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships