Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 02:57 PM

31,163 posts, read 22,186,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
If they were my friends, I would tell. I could not stand by and watch my friends get into such a mess unknowingly.
Then be prepared to not have a friend any longer. I opened my big mouth to a friend of mine about an indiscretion his gilrfriend had. You would have thought I killed his pet dog. After a few months I was no longer in his circle of friends. The bearer of bad news always gets blamed in some way. Part of the human condition, happens all the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 03:03 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,891,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Then be prepared to not have a friend any longer. I opened my big mouth to a friend of mine about an indiscretion his gilrfriend had. You would have thought I killed his pet dog. After a few months I was no longer in his circle of friends. The bearer of bad news always gets blamed in some way. Part of the human condition, happens all the time
Sorry to hear about you losing your friend.

Anonymous works well, it gets the job done without being sucked into the fallout.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:05 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,737,636 times
Default this is just more

planting of the seeds/food for thought that make for the premise that nice, committed guys get treated poorly while bad, non-committal guys get better treatment, a premise long mulled over on this board

Old 10-14-2011, 09:03 PM

1,090 posts, read 3,171,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Precisely. Seeing other people before marriage is called "dating"- apparently an old fashioned concept.
Uhm, they were in a relationship for 4 years and have been living with each other the entire time.

This happened last year.

This particular individual is not my friend, but more of a friend of a friend. If he was my friend I would say something.

It also sucks to see YOUR friends doing that to someone else.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:05 PM

1,090 posts, read 3,171,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Send the anonymous letter with the proof, BingCherry. How would you feel if you were in that scenario, got married and no one told you? I did a similar thing to help a woman I know who would have gotten married otherwise.

This type of garbage is going to continue if people don't start policing it.

Tempted, but I'm not even really supposed to know this happened. If I did send a letter, it would put my other friend in a really bad position

Old 10-14-2011, 09:19 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,891,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingCherry View Post
Tempted, but I'm not even really supposed to know this happened. If I did send a letter, it would put my other friend in a really bad position
Well, I wish both you and him luck. I can certainly understand the predicament you're in. I was lucky enough to emerge from anonymously warning the woman I knew without her knowing it was me.

I hope some method emerges so he can be informed before making this mistake.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:22 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,161,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkerjim View Post
it's a two way street.

best bet, stay out of it and keep your anonymous letters to yourself. for all you know, the other partner is fully aware of the cheating.
What this person said. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't know they are being cheated on who proposes, but hey, we can't go around being private detectives for everybody. Such is the nature of relationships. Trust and a bit of luck.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:34 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,313,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Exactly, I was just about to say that. You think you're doing someone a favor, and the next thing you know, they're back with that individual and you're on the outs. Better just to keep your mouth shut.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:35 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,713,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingCherry View Post
....and they don't even know it.

Been seeing friends and friends of friends being proposed to from some really great guys and these guys have no idea their woman has cheated on them or been doing them dirty.

My heart literally sinks seeing the FB pictures and updates because these guys are literally so good to these girls and I wonder if the whole world knows what's going on but doesn't say anything.

I cannot lie and say I'm not tempted to send an anonymous letter, because I just feel SO guilty that these great guys are really being screwed over, but I know it's none of my business.

Depressing.
there's some quote about all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing

i think that fits here

Old 10-14-2011, 09:36 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,713,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
Poor sucker. Never saw it coming. And when he does find out and gets indignated enough to grow a spine, he's gonna pay through the nose for having married her. Double life whammy. People have killed for less.. Eff marriage, it's a lose lose.
agreed 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships