Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 10:54 AM

332 posts, read 529,547 times

Advertisements

I'm in the process of looking for a nice woman in my area to talk to. While I know I could go outside of my house to find some that I like, there are two sites that happen to appeal to me.

Match.com is a pay site, but it has been in the business for over 15 years. It has a lot of members and a lot of people find dates there.

Datehookup.com has a lot of members while maintaining its status as a free site.

I'm curious to see though should I use one of them, both, or are there other sites with real people that I should try out?

Let me know if I should scrap the whole online dating thing altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 01:30 PM

541 posts, read 942,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael212 View Post
I'm in the process of looking for a nice woman in my area to talk to. While I know I could go outside of my house to find some that I like, there are two sites that happen to appeal to me.

Match.com is a pay site, but it has been in the business for over 15 years. It has a lot of members and a lot of people find dates there.

Datehookup.com has a lot of members while maintaining its status as a free site.

I'm curious to see though should I use one of them, both, or are there other sites with real people that I should try out?

Let me know if I should scrap the whole online dating thing altogether.

Please DO NOT try online dating thing. I was going to do that to meet people but I realized its kinda pathetic. Can you imagine if you guys plan to get married. If one your friends ask how did you two meet? It would be embarassing to say oh we met online.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:35 PM

37,713 posts, read 46,130,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
Please DO NOT try online dating thing. I was going to do that to meet people but I realized its kinda pathetic. Can you imagine if you guys plan to get married. If one your friends ask how did you two meet? It would be embarassing to say oh we met online.
WTF? Have you been living in a cave, dear? It's pretty standard these days.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:01 PM

22,405 posts, read 29,522,524 times
I know of two seperate people who met their SO online and got married and are stil going strong 5 years later so I don't know why that would be considered an embarrassment???

I'm back on POF since yesterday am and already I've had some real "winners" but have talked to a couple of decent guys (so far) Setting up dates for next week so I'll keep you peeps posted.

OP-Match was ok for me. There's weirdos everywhere but I thought datehookup was more for sex meetings??

Old 09-24-2011, 02:08 PM

332 posts, read 529,547 times
I guess some dating sites are trying to stretch the facts just to get more subscribers who leave them within 7 days because the subscribers think those sites suck. Yet when I tried Match and Datehookup, they were pretty legitimate when it came to keeping out the fake people. If I were to go back to either one, how could I make that first impression?

Last edited by michael212; 09-24-2011 at 02:18 PM..

Old 09-24-2011, 03:18 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
Yeah if you are a loser. Which you clearly are.

Well another loser right here. Met my SO on match.com, one year anniversary coming up.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:22 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,486,675 times
I've had great success with match in the past, but have no knowledge of the other site - haven't even heard of it before. The main thing for any site is the number of plausible candidates near you. Oh, and ignore the troll. They live under bridges and are rarely socially presentable.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:04 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,278,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm back on POF since yesterday am and already I've had some real "winners" but have talked to a couple of decent guys (so far) Setting up dates for next week so I'll keep you peeps posted.
POF is a nice, mostly free as well...don't ask me how I know, it's a long story.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:01 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,789,859 times
I met my husband on Plenty of Fish (POF). We arent losers either, i was one of 5 weddings in my circle of friends who all met their spouses online. Get with the program. Our 1 year anniversary is coming up in a few weeks.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:26 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,165,110 times
My old neighbor and his wife met on Match ... lol! I think he must have been a wife-beater, she rarely left the house, and when she did, she's never look up or say hello, always looking down at the ground. The husband worked nights, and one morning at 5:00am a giant moving truck pulled up. It was so loud I got up and checked it out ... haaa !!

She emptied the house with a crew within an hour. 7:00am, he came home and woke up the entire block with his screaming and throwing trash cans ... everything was gone. That was the most excitement my neighborhood has had in years.

It was a beautiful home before they had it ... it just recently foreclosed, but I think they had about 100 cats- nasty !

BTW: I'm on Plenty of Fish, however, all that contacts me are hot young studly guys who could be my son ... Imagine, Me, a 'Cougar'. I could teach them some tricks, and rock their world ... hahahahahahahaha !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships